If you loved someone

You can change a person but they have to want to change.

trying to change someone to suit you who doesnt want to change will always result in disaster.

If someone you want to be with needs changing and doesnt agree they need changing either accept them as they are or bail.

Alright now..... WHY are you asking?

a friend of mine, a brilliant, artfully talented, kind hearted (wouldn't guess looking at the size and looks of him) is what he calls a "happy barbarian"

His gf wants him to "clean himself up", strictly so he can blend in with her hoity toity pals.
He's into her, but couldn't care less about her artsy pals (they seem to be stereo types)

long story short, our conversation turned to politics.

Obama claims to love the country, but also wants to fundamentally change it. Thus proving he doesn't love America.

But I didn't want to talk politics here, just wanted to make sure my advise to him that she needs to suck it up was fairly sound, sans the bluntness.

How long have they been together? Your friend and his GF?

Change we must- to live again.

Depends on what you are talking about. I am what I am and my essence is what it is. I could not change that even if I wanted to. I would never ask anyone to change who they were that simply is not love, but, a reformation that will surely fail in the long run.

If I cannot simply accept the person I am with for who they are then it is best the relationship end. Life is just to short for a Frankensteinian makeover where emotional honesty is absent and is replaced by fear rather than love.

Exactly my point bro, you can't change a person. We are who we are.

he's not talking about another person...

he's talking about 'america, love it or leave it'....

http://www.usmessageboard.com/6335218-post15.html

perhaps he thinks we should go back to the days where only white, male, landed gentry could vote but not women, and blacks were 3/5 of a person.

yeah, that's the ticket.

the founders gave us this country and ways to change it to fit our modern needs.

It would be idiocy to never make any changes to the country.

Its against the founders wishes

Click, ignore. Fucking lunatic.

:eek:

I think I may have to follow your lead. Dear Lord.

rotfl-3.gif

Look at these idiots who dont even know the founders designed a system with an amendment process

Click, ignore. Fucking lunatic.

you think nothing was ever supposed to change?

really?

so jim crow laws are peachy keen with you?

What are you ranting about?

You'd think that winning the election would make dems less crazy, not push them over the edge.

Well, some would think that. Not me. I knew we only had a slight taste of crazy before.

Licking a knife before using the butter is the same as licking the butter itself.

It is understandable why that would skeeve the shit out of someone on a first date if the butter is being shared with others. You are not at the spit-swapping stage on a first date.

If a friend of mine licked his knife before using the butter, I would make them get me separate butter.

Last edited:
would you want to change them fundamentally?

Would you try b/c you think you can make them a better person?

Or would you not, knowing that you love them as they are?

If there are small things which the person I love does which get on my nerves, I just remind myself there are surely things I do which get on hers. And since she never says a word to me about the things I do, then I would be crazy to say anything and just get to changing my attitude about those small things.

Last edited:

a friend of mine, a brilliant, artfully talented, kind hearted (wouldn't guess looking at the size and looks of him) is what he calls a "happy barbarian"

His gf wants him to "clean himself up", strictly so he can blend in with her hoity toity pals.
He's into her, but couldn't care less about her artsy pals (they seem to be stereo types)

Obama claims to love the country, but also wants to fundamentally change it. Thus proving he doesn't love America.

But I didn't want to talk politics here, just wanted to make sure my advise to him that she needs to suck it up was fairly sound, sans the bluntness.

OK.... gotcha

what she wants to do... is change him so that her friends accept him. Fuck that!

She needs to figure out who she loves more..... him or her friends. He also need to figure out if dealing with her friends is a deal beaker.

Your friend will never be comfortable trying to "fit in" with the artsy crowd... and if her crowd is as shallow as i think they are... they will never approve of him.

Personally, ill take real geek over pretentious snob any day.... and you dont sleep with your crowd of people.

OK.... gotcha

what she wants to do... is change him so that her friends accept him. Fuck that!

She needs to figure out who she loves more..... him or her friends. He also need to figure out if dealing with her friends is a deal beaker.

Your friend will never be comfortable trying to "fit in" with the artsy crowd... and if her crowd is as shallow as i think they are... they will never approve of him.

Personally, ill take real geek over pretentious snob any day.... and you dont sleep with your crowd of people.
Thing is, he can talk the talk and walk the walk.

He is a graffic artist, I've seen his work, he's damn good. He's just not near the stereo type.

meh, he'll live.

Forum List

Back