If You Love Peace, Become a "Blue Republican" (Just for a Year)

You don't know? Well I AM a history teacher...How do they differ on foreign policy? They both started wars against nations that have committed no aggression against the U.S.

Obama- not wars- police actions-duh.

How do they differ on bailouts? They both gave taxpayer money to the corporate interests that fund their campaigns.

Pub corps pollute and screw workers

How do they differ on civil liberties? They both supported the Patriot Act and keeping Guantanamo Bay open, not to mention all the other secret prisons around the globe.

Obama brought back warrants, MUCH fewer renditions, no torture by US.Tried to close Gitmo.

Are you being disengenuous? And domestically- EXACT OPPOSITES...

Last edited:
The quote of the OP seems conveniently cut short.

Just one short paragraph later I find exactly what my first response was when I read post 1.

When most Americans voted for "Hope" and "Change," the above four objectives were at the top of their list of what they "hoped" would be "changed."
After two years, however, we now see that Obama 1) conducts wars against countries that do not threaten us (e.g. Libya, Yemen etc.), 2) oversees large financial benefits to companies with which those in his administration were close (e.g. Goldman Sachs), 3) supports the legal framework for riding roughshod over the liberties of private individuals who are not suspected of crime (e.g. Patriot Act), and 4) is growing a massive federal apparatus to carry out such intrusions on innocent Americans in what is becoming a police state (e.g. domestic wiretapping, TSA etc.. )
Put another way, when it comes to such things as the killing of innocent people, taking from the common man to support cronies, and the elimination of the basic values that make our lives worth living, we had the hope, but we haven't had the change.

Who said Bush and Obama are nothing alike?

When I saw the title, I was honestly intrigued.
I'm willingly slightly "blue" in the sense that I want us out of ALL these war theaters.
That's about it...

You don't know? Well I AM a history teacher...How do they differ on foreign policy? They both started wars against nations that have committed no aggression against the U.S.

How do they differ on bailouts? They both gave taxpayer money to the corporate interests that fund their campaigns.

How do they differ on civil liberties? They both supported the Patriot Act and keeping Guantanamo Bay open, not to mention all the other secret prisons around the globe.

How do they differ on torture? Obama just uses rendition rather than having Americans do it for him, but uses "state secrets" to protect those in the Bush administration who did commit torture.

For starters you just copy and pasted what I wrote without answering or addressing any of my points, and where you attempted to do so your response had nothing to do with the point at all.

Obama- not wars- police actions-duh.

Obama brought back warrants, MUCH fewer renditions, no torture by US.Tried to close Gitmo.

Are you being disengenuous? And domestically- EXACT OPPOSITES...

Oh not wars... police actions. I guess that's me in my place.

Uh huh. Now how about addressing what I said?

He brought back warrants? Did Anwar Awlaki, an American citizen, get a warrant before Obama tried to assassinate him? Or how about the alleged terrorist they kept on a boat for "questioning" for two months? Did he have a warrant?

U.S. indicts Somali on terrorism charges - The Washington Post

It's funny how you're honestly defending Obama for keeping Bush's policies.

Just one short paragraph later I find exactly what my first response was when I read post 1.

When most Americans voted for "Hope" and "Change," the above four objectives were at the top of their list of what they "hoped" would be "changed."
After two years, however, we now see that Obama 1) conducts wars against countries that do not threaten us (e.g. Libya, Yemen etc.), 2) oversees large financial benefits to companies with which those in his administration were close (e.g. Goldman Sachs), 3) supports the legal framework for riding roughshod over the liberties of private individuals who are not suspected of crime (e.g. Patriot Act), and 4) is growing a massive federal apparatus to carry out such intrusions on innocent Americans in what is becoming a police state (e.g. domestic wiretapping, TSA etc.. )
Put another way, when it comes to such things as the killing of innocent people, taking from the common man to support cronies, and the elimination of the basic values that make our lives worth living, we had the hope, but we haven't had the change.

I'm willingly slightly "blue" in the sense that I want us out of ALL these war theaters.
That's about it...

Well I believe the rules state that we're not supposed to paste an entire article, so I pasted the first bits of the article and linked so you could read the rest.

Read the rest of this thread if you want to see people in denial.

You do recognize Pubs have blocked EVERYTHING since Scott Brown got in? GD Nazi tactics: paralyze, chaos, fear monger...

You do realize that Democrats controlled the House and Senate when Scott Brown got in, and that they still control the Senate, right?

Your foreign policy points are crappe...Dems have done as mich as possible. We ARE fighting AlQaeda, and those aren't WARS fcs.

Bombs, deaths, troops in harms way, billions down the drain... They look an awful lot like wars to me, and my mother taught me that if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's probably a duck.

That's about it...

Well I believe the rules state that we're not supposed to paste an entire article, so I pasted the first bits of the article and linked so you could read the rest.

Read the rest of this thread if you want to see people in denial.

Thanks.
I never figured you for a sheep, but that's how I took the OP.
Apologies.
:cool:

No- Obama is treating Alqaeda like criminals again, not picking a fight with a whole religion like the moron Boooosh. Get a grip. We do have to get reelected..... You can't see a difference in scale between Iraq and Yemen? LOL! Let me guess: Californian stoners?

No- Obama is treating Alqaeda like criminals again, not picking a fight with a whole religion like the moron Boooosh. Get a grip. We do have to get reelected..... You can't see a difference in scale between Iraq and Yemen? LOL! Let me guess: Californian stoners?

Seems to me like he's picking a fight with the whole region. Not to mention he's actually siding with al-Qaeda in Libya, since they're fighting alongside the rebels against Gaddhafi. And no, as my location says I'm from Ohio.

"Bombs, deaths, troops in harms way, billions down the drain... They look an awful lot like wars to me, and my mother taught me that if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's probably a duck."

If you're talking Libya and Yemen- they are police actions costing hundreds of millions, Libya out of our hands now- NO boots- Iraq and Afghan cost TRILLIONS...get a grip, put down the pipe...

Intelligence says there are very few Alqaeda in Libya. You listening to Khadaffi now? Please remain calm. Obama is FAR from Booosh, and as much as we can hope for until a solid majority never fall for Pubcrappe again...carry on, you have good instincts...:eusa_angel: Greetings from WNY/Paris

"Bombs, deaths, troops in harms way, billions down the drain... They look an awful lot like wars to me, and my mother taught me that if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's probably a duck."

If you're talking Libya and Yemen- they are police actions costing hundreds of millions, Libya out of our hands now- NO boots- Iraq and Afghan cost TRILLIONS...get a grip, put down the pipe...

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/31/world/africa/31intel.html

Obama dispatches CIA to aid Libyan rebels | Brian Hughes | Politics | Washington Examiner

No boots on the ground you say? And no kidding that wars that have gone on longer cost more.

Obama is FAR from Booosh, and as much as we can hope for until a solid majority never fall for Pubcrappe again..

He may be the best you can hope for. But some of us are looking for better. Doubling down on the failed promises of the Republican/Democrat combo is foolish. If Obama is the best Democrats can do, I'm not voting for him - and i'll continue to point out the hypocrisy of those who do.

So no, there is no difference, aside from rhetoric, between Democrats and Republicans.

True.

Wait a second, look at those ten points and tell me again no one does anything.

Understood, but look closely at the list – all but about two are non-issues. So as noted, the GOP needs to keep these ‘issues’ alive to placate the base every two years.
Now has there ever even been a serious challenge to Roe?

Yes, Planned Parenthood v. Casey (1992). It was supposed to be the ‘big one,’ a restrictive abortion legislation case from Pennsylvania that the conservative Rehnquist Court was to use to overturn Roe. Although some provisions of the law were allowed to stand, the core doctrine of the right to privacy was upheld and Roe survived. If one believed in conspiracy theories…

How do they differ on foreign policy? They both started wars against nations that have committed no aggression against the U.S.

Indeed, in foreign policy they’re very similar.

Once off the campaign trail and in the Oval Office, the rhetoric is gone and the reality of the Executive ‘Imperial Presidency’ manifests – with lots of help from the MIC.

Otherwise, there’s no reason why the right shouldn’t love Obama – except for partisan.

Forum List

Back