If you lose the women, Hispanics,blacks and gays, Who do you have left?

Swing States Poll: A shift by women puts Obama in lead

New Republican mantra.......Demographics are for pussies

The biggest change came among women under 50. In mid-February, just under half of those voters supported Obama. Now more than six in 10 do while Romney's support among them has dropped by 14 points, to 30%. The president leads him 2-1 in this group.

Republicans' traditional strength among men "won't be good enough if we're losing women by nine points or 10 points," says Sara Taylor Fagen, a Republican strategist and former political adviser to President George W. Bush. "The focus on contraception has not been a good one for us … and Republicans have unfairly taken on water on this issue."
I dunno, but I'm really tired of watching the GOP pander to white males and act like non-whites and non-males are second class citizens.

And don't get me started on their religion requirements.

“…and Republicans have unfairly taken on water on this issue."

‘Unfairly’?

Nonsense. The right has only itself to blame for losing this November. It would seem conservatives need to learn to take personal responsibility rather than whining about being ‘unfairly’ treated.

Absolutely, because of their unbridled hatred of the current POTUS, they started to find themselves going more and more to the right as Obama moved towards their direction. Things the GOP was ACTUALLY FOR became things they were against as soon as Obama endorsed it until they were way out on the fringe.

Nope, gonna be a slaughter this November for the GOP, and yes, Obama will gain a second term.

Especially in light of the way the current GOP candidates have torn each other apart during their selection process.

Combine that with the unpopularity of Governor Walker and his ilk? Lemmie tell ya what, if Walker is kicked out, the Dems are gonna be able to ride that all the way through November.

By that logic, McCain should be president now, based on how Obama and Clinton tore each other apart during their selection process. :rolleyes:

‘Unfairly’?

Nonsense. The right has only itself to blame for losing this November. It would seem conservatives need to learn to take personal responsibility rather than whining about being ‘unfairly’ treated.

Absolutely, because of their unbridled hatred of the current POTUS, they started to find themselves going more and more to the right as Obama moved towards their direction. Things the GOP was ACTUALLY FOR became things they were against as soon as Obama endorsed it until they were way out on the fringe.

Nope, gonna be a slaughter this November for the GOP, and yes, Obama will gain a second term.

Especially in light of the way the current GOP candidates have torn each other apart during their selection process.

Combine that with the unpopularity of Governor Walker and his ilk? Lemmie tell ya what, if Walker is kicked out, the Dems are gonna be able to ride that all the way through November.

By that logic, McCain should be president now, based on how Obama and Clinton tore each other apart during their selection process. :rolleyes:

If the Dems had gone way left wing like McCain and Palin did on the right, yeah, Obama might have lost.

However, the current crop of candidates has gone extreme right in many ways, while Obama has moved towards the right as well, which means that Obama will gain a second term.

The biggest change came among women under 50. In mid-February, just under half of those voters supported Obama. Now more than six in 10 do while Romney's support among them has dropped by 14 points, to 30%. The president leads him 2-1 in this group.

Republicans' traditional strength among men "won't be good enough if we're losing women by nine points or 10 points," says Sara Taylor Fagen, a Republican strategist and former political adviser to President George W. Bush. "The focus on contraception has not been a good one for us … and Republicans have unfairly taken on water on this issue."

So, Limbaugh didn't help the GOP with the women's vote, like the dittoheads claimed?

This is my shocked face! :omg:

I dunno, but I'm really tired of watching the GOP pander to white males and act like non-whites and non-males are second class citizens.

And don't get me started on their religion requirements.

They don't pander to white males.

You just don't realize that cuz the Dems pander to everyone else.

So, Limbaugh didn't help the GOP with the women's vote, like the dittoheads claimed?

This is my shocked face! :omg:

Rush is a political commentator that doesn't pander to anyone. He just tells everyone what he thinks. He doesn't have a plan. He just is what he is. His audience decides if they want to listen to him.

Funny, seems nobody wants to listen to Air America assholes....

Why do you think politics can be boiled down to gender, skin pigmentation or sexual orientation?

And age, education, religion, area of the country, occupation, wealth and hundreds of other factors

All add up to which issues you find important and which candidate you eventually support

Why do you think politics can be boiled down to gender, skin pigmentation or sexual orientation?

And age, education, religion, area of the country, occupation, wealth and hundreds of other factors

All add up to which issues you find important and which candidate you eventually support

I'm more interested in the constitution, not identity politics.
You voted for Mr Obama based upon identity, didn't you?

What does the Constitution have to do with how the public selects presidential candidates?

What does the Constitution have to do with how the public selects presidential candidates?

Sadly, little.
Must be why we ended up with what we've got. People like you don't understand.

Sadly, little.

Actually, I do understand

It is the Constitution that gives we the people the right to elect the candidates we feel are best suited to serve us. That right today is stronger than it was when our founding fathers wrote the document

Sadly, little.

It is the Constitution that gives we the people the right to elect the candidates we feel are best suited to serve us. That right today is stronger than it was when our founding fathers wrote the document
Unfortunately, the understanding and knowledge of the document is weaker.

Sadly, little.

Unfortunately, the understanding and knowledge of the document is weaker.

We have more liberty today than we did in 1787

That's an easy one. You have today's modern Republican Party.

You wish you could divide and conquer, in such a way. Without that strategy, you are weaponless. Surely you know the truth is not on your side.

Actually, it's what's known as a big tent

Having policies that are appealing to all Americans, not just white male Christians

“…and Republicans have unfairly taken on water on this issue."

‘Unfairly’?

Easily the post of the thread.

Forum List

Back