If you lived in Connecticut what would you do

That's why I say every state should have the death penalty as an option and never do away with it. But Connecticut is wanting to take that option off the table.

So much for ‘states’ rights.’

What has that got to do with states right's? Me giving my opinion is not saying they better do it. I think every state should have that option on the table.

No one wants to step up and give their opinion?

Why bother?

You thread is little more than an invitation for some of us to boast about what tough guys we are, and for others to boast about what morally correct people we are.

And then for the stupidest of both POVs to insult one another.

I mean, what ELSE can come of such a mind experiment as that?

No one wants to step up and give their opinion?

Why bother?

You thread is little more than an invitation for some of us to boast about what tough guys we are, and for others to boast about what morally correct people we are.

And then for the stupidest of both POVs to insult one another.

I mean, what ELSE can come of such a mind experiment as that?

No it isn't it has nothing to do with being a tough guy. It doesn't take a tough guy to pull a trigger.

Makes perfect sense to me.

Confusing part is if he's against the death penalty why he would kill them his self.

Right... that's exactly my view as well. It's not a power I want government to have, but I can imagine situations where killing (even if it's purely for vengeance) is justifiable.

I don't understand the government saying it is wrong to kill........but if you do, we will kill you back

I say shoot em and save the pain of a trial and the taxpayers some money. Killers should be executed, I have no need for them in society. I dont care if they're angels the rest of the way, raping and murdering people is not acceptable. The CT story was unbelievable, those guys should be stoned to death for what they did, no punishment is too harsh.

Nice try....

We live in a civilized society. Civilized societies do not tolerate eye for an eye vendettas. My spending the rest of my life in prison will not bring my loved ones back. Neither will an execution

Yes we do and since your family was murder in your presence by uncivilized people they don't deserve to live in a civilized world, but they will and your innocent family will not.

Vengeance provides a momentary satisfaction that you will suffer for the rest of your life.

Really? You know this how, exactly? I think that depends on the situation, and given where I've been, it is just possible I might have some practical experience....I'll leave you to imagine. Now, go think smug thoughts about how morally superior you are to me.

Last edited:
Confusing part is if he's against the death penalty why he would kill them his self.

Right... that's exactly my view as well. It's not a power I want government to have, but I can imagine situations where killing (even if it's purely for vengeance) is justifiable.

I don't understand the government saying it is wrong to kill........but if you do, we will kill you back

You dont understand the difference between someone raping and killing your wife and then they in turn are exectuted because of that? So to you the two are moral equivalent? So if someone is doing that, you just let them?

You dont understand the difference between someone raping and killing your wife and then they in turn are exectuted because of that? So to you the two are moral equivalent? So if someone is doing that, you just let them?

Of course you stop it if you can. But vigilante justice has never been an answer in a civilized society.

Killing people to get even is a barbaric practice suitable for medieval societies.....not the greatest country on earth

Of course you stop it if you can. But vigilante justice has never been an answer in a civilized society.

Killing people to get even is a barbaric practice suitable for medieval societies.....not the greatest country on earth
Thank you for illustrating the liberal mindset that has enervated this once-great country. Tell you what; you take the "moral high ground", and I'll take this: kill your enemy, before he kills you, and you kill one of mine, I'll kill ten of yours, and put their heads on a pole. Given anything like equal force on my side and yours, let's see who wins. Whether it's war against an enemy state, or against armed predators here at home, winning is ALL that matters! I don't give a damn about the means, just the result.

Thank you for illustrating the liberal mindset that has enervated this once-great country. Tell you what; you take the "moral high ground", and I'll take this: kill your enemy, before he kills you, and you kill one of mine, I'll kill ten of yours, and put their heads on a pole. Given anything like equal force on my side and yours, let's see who wins. Whether it's war against an enemy state, or against armed predators here at home, winning is ALL that matters! I don't give a damn about the means, just the result.

I am so impressed

I am so impressed

With what? Your own self-righteous nonsense?, Dead enemy, and dead criminals, are not a hazard; live ones are. It therefore follows, as the night the day, that the more and the quicker either assume ambient temperature, the better. How that occurs, is not a matter I am going to lose any sleep over.

I am so impressed

With what? Your own self-righteous nonsense?, Dead enemy, and dead criminals, are not a hazard; live ones are. It therefore follows, as the night the day, that the more and the quicker either assume ambient temperature, the better. How that occurs, is not a matter I am going to lose any sleep over.

Mr Testosterone

I am so impressed

Mr Testosterone
No testosterone involved, just cold, calculated logic, sans any trace of useless sentimentality; like mathematics, it's neither "right" nor "wrong", just correct or incorrect. Either the result is achieved, or not.

Mr Testosterone
No testosterone involved, just cold, calculated logic, sans any trace of useless sentimentality; like mathematics, it's neither "right" nor "wrong", just correct or incorrect. Either the result is achieved, or not.

Smite the evil doers Mr Testosterone!

Forum List

Back