Arizona
•HR 3200 IH
1 (b) REQUIREMENTS FOR QUALIFIED HEALTH BENE2
FITS PLANS.—On or after the first day of Y1, a health
3 benefits plan shall not be a qualified health benefits plan
4 under this division unless the plan meets the applicable
5 requirements of the following subtitles for the type of plan
6 and plan year involved:
7 (1) Subtitle B (relating to affordable coverage).
8 (2) Subtitle C (relating to essential benefits).
9 (3) Subtitle D (relating to consumer protec10
tion).
11 (c) TERMINOLOGY.—In this division:
12 (1) ENROLLMENT IN EMPLOYMENT-BASED
13 HEALTH PLANS.—An individual shall be treated as
14 being ‘‘enrolled’’ in an employment-based health
15 plan if the individual is a participant or beneficiary
16 (as such terms are defined in section 3(7) and 3(8),
17 respectively, of the Employee Retirement Income Se18
curity Act of 1974) in such plan.
19 (2) INDIVIDUAL AND GROUP HEALTH INSUR20
ANCE COVERAGE.—The terms ‘‘individual health in21
surance coverage’’ and ‘‘group health insurance cov22
erage’’ mean health insurance coverage offered in
23 the individual market or large or small group mar24
ket, respectively, as defined in section 2791 of the
25 Public Health Service Act.
http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=111_cong_bills&docid=f:h3200ih.txt.pdf

If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor, period. If you like your health care plan, you'll be able to keep your health care plan, period. No one will take it away, no matter what." Barack Obama 6-15

As long as it's qualified under the terms of the bill which Obama tends to neglect everytime he makes that claim.

If Obama's wish comes true with this health care bill, we are fucked. Very very fucked... Remember that you heard it here first Obama sheep people.

As I've already 'splained to you, the mere use of the term "grandfathering" presumes that private insurance will eventually....shall we say....wither on the vine.

No. It means that private plans will be available through the exchange. A great idea, IMO.
Yeah....The exchange.

And who is it that will decide which plans are acceptable to be a part of the exchange and which won't??

The language of the bill suggests otherwise.

I don't think so.

Besides that, the health insurance industry has their tentacles spread throughout our government. Do you really believe Congress is going to pass a bill that outlaws their existence?
So did the tobacco and auto industries.

And we saw what cowering little wimps those execs turned into, when push came to shove.

How is it again that corporations control da gubmint??

The language of the bill suggests otherwise.

I don't think so.

Besides that, the health insurance industry has their tentacles spread throughout our government. Do you really believe Congress is going to pass a bill that outlaws their existence?

And we saw what cowering little wimps those execs turned into, when push came to shove.

Eh, we disagree.

I don't read this (or anything else) as a sign that private insurance is going to disappear. Quite the contrary; I feel making plans available nation-wide will actually increase the number of people buying into private insurance.

That said, I will be surprised if this passes. This is the best chance we've ever had to do so, and I don't believe it will. If it doesn't, I'm going to be royally pissed.

Emma while I appreciate you compliment on my skills on this bill *grins* its very clear what this section says. If your plan does not meet the qualifications the Sec. can and DOES have the authority to move you into whatever plan they wish to move you into, The end result is the following, you Doctor may or may not accept your new plan i.e. Govt. insurance. Further, if your employer or YOU are found to be in non-complience the Sec. can and DOES have many rememdies under the provisions of this bill to do as they please. So I'm sorry if your under the mistaken impression that this is somehow an innocent well meaning passage and like those that support this sort of legislation your in for a very big surprise if it is ever passed into law.

You seem to be on a roll. That is not outlawing private insurance. Those are the regulations regarding grandfathering in current plans. Private insurance will still be available.

No they wont outlaw it , just make it unprofitable and unmanageable .
Nice snip.

I don't think so.

Eh, we disagree.

I don't read this (or anything else) as a sign that private insurance is going to disappear. Quite the contrary; I feel making plans available nation-wide will actually increase the number of people buying into private insurance.

That said, I will be surprised if this passes. This is the best chance we've ever had to do so, and I don't believe it will. If it doesn't, I'm going to be royally pissed.
Of course you disagree....You're taking people who can't be trusted at their word, and I'm not.

The regulations and taxes will kill the health insurance industry .That is the point though.

They ain't going anywhere.

SEC. 102. PROTECTING THE CHOICE TO KEEP CURRENT
2 COVERAGE.
3 (a) GRANDFATHERED HEALTH INSURANCE COV4
ERAGE DEFINED.—Subject to the succeeding provisions of
5 this section, for purposes of establishing acceptable cov6
erage under this division, the term ‘‘grandfathered health
7 insurance coverage’’ means individual health insurance
8 coverage that is offered and in force and effect before the
9 first day of Y1 if the following conditions are met:
10 (1) LIMITATION ON NEW ENROLLMENT.—

Really if they cant sign up new members how will they grow or continue?
http://waysandmeans.house.gov/media/pdf/111/AAHCA09001xml.pdf

Emma while I appreciate you compliment on my skills on this bill *grins* its very clear what this section says. If your plan does not meet the qualifications the Sec. can and DOES have the authority to move you into whatever plan they wish to move you into, The end result is the following, you Doctor may or may not accept your new plan i.e. Govt. insurance. Further, if your employer or YOU are found to be in non-complience the Sec. can and DOES have many rememdies under the provisions of this bill to do as they please. So I'm sorry if your under the mistaken impression that this is somehow an innocent well meaning passage and like those that support this sort of legislation your in for a very big surprise if it is ever passed into law.

I disagree.

Eh, we disagree.

Of course you disagree....You're taking people who can't be trusted at their word, and I'm not.

No. I'm reading what the bill actually says.

Eh, we disagree.

No. I'm reading what the bill actually says.

No you're not

Forum List

Back