"If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan. "

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Cato Institute analyst Michael Cannon as follows:

"Obama's definition of 'meaningful' coverage could eliminate the health plans that now cover as many as half of the 159 million Americans with employer-sponsored insurance, plus more than half of the roughly 18 million Americans in the individual market. ... This could compel close to 90 million Americans to switch to more comprehensive health plans with higher premiums, whether they value the added coverage or not."

.... The 83-page document, a joint project of the departments of Health and Human Services, Labor and the IRS, examines the effects that ObamaCare's regulations would have on existing, or "grandfathered," employer-based health care plans.

... In total, 66% of small businesses and 47% of large businesses made a change in their health care plans last year that would have forfeited their grandfathered status.

Read more: Leaked ObamaCare Docs: Majority of Employer Health Plans Won't Be 'Grandfathered' | NewsBusters.org

WEB2c0614_fulljpg.jpg

The left DOES NOT care. Jillian and company love Obama and any lie he tells, any mistruth, any half truth is JUST FINE. They will defend it with their last breath. I imagine one of two things will happen with this thread. One the left will ignore it and hope it goes away or two they will come in and complain about irrelevant things like where the report came from who reported it or how we are all better off anyway.

which goes back to the initial discussions last year (which many called "fear mongering and right wing lies"). Costs will be so out of control that we will need the public option. Then UHC... It's almost inevitable.

I got a bill from BCBS. My payments have gone up signigicantly. Thanks for nuttin obie wan ya big fat liar.

Obama will claim he told the truth. He will say if you like your plan you can keep it. Now as it happens, because he made your plan so expensive you don't like it, you changed your carrier, not him. Of course he knew this the whole time as this was the plan from the beginning. Many of us saw it and said so, but the liberals just yelled your stupid, you just don't like Obama and you lost the election STFU.

The party of no was looking out for the average American. I suspect that the entire plan will get scrapped in 2012.

Obama will claim he told the truth. He will say if you like your plan you can keep it. Now as it happens, because he made your plan so expensive you don't like it, you changed your carrier, not him. Of course he knew this the whole time as this was the plan from the beginning. Many of us saw it and said so, but the liberals just yelled your stupid, you just don't like Obama and you lost the election STFU.

The party of no was looking out for the average American. I suspect that the entire plan will get scrapped in 2012.

Lets sure hope so.

All this clusterfuck of a bill is, is a foot in the door for what they really wanted. The Govt takeover of HC. Why does anyone think Kucinich voted for this peice of shit?? Why?? Because its the road to what he wanted.

Christ. The Govt can't even run the Govt and there are folks who trust these Clowns with their HC. Jeeze.

so what does all of this mean?

i read that the company policies were grandfathered IF THEY MAKE NO CHANGES to them, last year....this is nothing new?

your healthcare plan being ''grandfathered'' is for the healthcare plan you have, NOT for a NEW ONE? it would not be a ''grandfathered'' plan if it were a NEW one.... that's just simple logic....

but what is the bottom line?

if your companies choose to change your plan, then the new plan your company chooses for you, will have to cover existing conditions and a few other measures of protection?

tell your company not to change their healthcare plan, if you employees like it the way it is, with no changes!

the 20 plus years that i worked, I never had any kind of say for my health care coverage...the companies I worked for chose the insurance plans we could participate in, I never had input.

Small companies usually just have just one plan option.

Most of my time was with fortune 500, and we had a choice of from 3 to 7 different plans.

The big problem with 0bamacare is they piled on the mandates. Including slacker insurance. You will not like your options next year, whatever they are.

What may be killer for the 0bamabots is that health plans for larger companies get sent to employees in November. When they see the costs that 0bamacare puts on them.... then the howling beings.

Notice only Care4all bothered to answer, none of the other liberals want anything to do with this thread. And all she had to say was "golly gee whiz guys , it is fine as long as you don't change your plan."

Cato Institute analyst Michael Cannon as follows:

"Obama's definition of 'meaningful' coverage could eliminate the health plans that now cover as many as half of the 159 million Americans with employer-sponsored insurance, plus more than half of the roughly 18 million Americans in the individual market. ... This could compel close to 90 million Americans to switch to more comprehensive health plans with higher premiums, whether they value the added coverage or not."

.... The 83-page document, a joint project of the departments of Health and Human Services, Labor and the IRS, examines the effects that ObamaCare's regulations would have on existing, or "grandfathered," employer-based health care plans.

... In total, 66% of small businesses and 47% of large businesses made a change in their health care plans last year that would have forfeited their grandfathered status.
Read more: Leaked ObamaCare Docs: Majority of Employer Health Plans Won't Be 'Grandfathered' | NewsBusters.org

WEB2c0614_fulljpg.jpg

This is going to go down as the biggest lie in history.

I hope so.

the 20 plus years that i worked, I never had any kind of say for my health care coverage...the companies I worked for chose the insurance plans we could participate in, I never had input.

You still don't, and plans are going to change because regulations require them to change. That means no plans will be grandfathered in.

I agree Chanel

heliedheliedheliedhelied

Remember when Obanocchio looked into the camera and told us that
if we wanted to keep our health care we would be able to keep it?

here we go again

defaultCAD0OEOE-1.jpg

Internal administration documents reveal that up to 51% of employers
may have to relinquish their current health care coverage because of
ObamaCare.

The 83-page document, a joint project of the departments of Health
and Human Services, Labor and the IRS, examines the effects that
ObamaCare's regulations would have on existing, or "grandfathered,"
employer-based health care plans.

who will be safe? The whore in the white house grandfathered out his union
pimps again. No wonder andy stearn is the most frequent visitor.

I have 35 websites dealing entirely with the lies this LSOS has come up with.

Its been clear from the starts Obama's plans are to slowly kill the private insurance market until we have single payer. I have posted links of him saying this in his own words. Yet people still question it. im not digging it up again but their is a video link where is is basically explaining how his plans would lead to single payer in the long run. Yet people still buy the claims it wont.

This country deserves everything it gets for being to lazy to actually take our government back from these people, on both sides of the isle.

To funny

The left DOES NOT care. Jillian and company love Obama and any lie he tells, any mistruth, any half truth is JUST FINE. They will defend it with their last breath. I imagine one of two things will happen with this thread. One the left will ignore it and hope it goes away or two they will come in and complain about irrelevant things like where the report came from who reported it or how we are all better off anyway.

It sounds like there's some confusion as to what the OP is talking about. Draft regulations were evaluated for their effects on existing plans. These aren't actually regulations that have the force of law--there will still be a process where they're revised, put up for public comment for 60-90 days (at which point you, the Chamber of Commerce, and every business in America can weigh in if they so choose), and then likely heavily revised again before they actually go into effect.

This is a bit of trial-and-error in the draft stage.

Forum List

Back