If you like jazz fusion, check out 'The Other End'.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
If you're into instrumental music like Al DiMeola, Larry Carlton, Lee Ritenour, Spyro Gyra, Andy Timmons, mixed with some shredding guitar work like Vinnie Moore, Joe Satriani, Paul Gilbert and all those guys, you gotta check out Martin Miller on Spotify or wherever.

This is his 2013 album which he recently uploaded onto Youtube.

Playthrough on his own signature Ibanez.

Last edited:
If you're into instrumental music like Al DiMeola, Larry Carlton, Lee Ritenour, Spyro Gyra, Andy Timmons, mixed with some shredding guitar work like Vinnie Moore, Joe Satriani, Paul Gilbert and all those guys, you gotta check out Martin Miller on Spotify or wherever.

Modern elevator music......... :eusa_whistle:

Playthrough on his own signature Ibanez.

He sure makes it look easy but it ain't.

He sure makes it look easy but it ain't.
Learning scales is a bitch but like at my age (58), exercise and practice,
stretching is important.[ I take supplements to prevent arthritis, quit alcohol and tobacco a long time ago]

Before Youtube , ( and instructional VCR tapes ) of course you either had to to grind it out on your own or take lessons. Now it's all out there practically free online ( the best lessons cost $) but you still have to go through the motions, which can and should take years developing your own voice, building your arm muscles for trills( hammer-ons /pull -offs)and tremelos especially, but for your picking arm and fingers also. I wake up every day and play something new....just improvise what I'm feeling.

It's easy to get discouraged when you see these guys and go " Shit. I will never be that good." My advice there is know your limitations, figure out what you're good at and go with that....perfect a few things. Learn some CSN or Neil Young songs, CCR.

I like to fart around with easy songs like Happy Birthday and Christmas songs with a lot of sliding and vibrato notes in place of the lyrics .. ( like Happy Birthday in E, basically you go "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you , happy (slide up to the 12th fret on birth)day dear....then chromatically back down to the open E chord.. End with some EVH eruption triad tapping or something weird.

Last edited:
I got your Fusion right here!
Get on your horse and ride this to the finish!

Last edited:
I like his signature the best of any Ibanez guitars, but still like ESP's better.
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back