If you knew an assault weapons ban would save one child's life...

Would you support an assault weapons ban if you KNEW it would save a child's life?

• Yes

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 80.7%
  • I would think about it.

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
If you knew an assault weapons ban would save one child's life, would you support it. A simple question demanding a simple answer.

If you knew an assault weapons ban would save one child's life, would you support it. A simple question demanding a simple answer.

No.

If I knew weakening the 1st Amendment meant saving one child's life, the answer would also be no.

If I knew that weakening the amendment abolishing slavery would save the life on one child, the answer would still be no.

No, because its simply not true. But then again good luck with those rose colored glasses.

No. For the simple fact that assault weapons were already banned once. It didn't help then and it won't help now. Only a naive fool would think otherwise.

if you knew murdering a child in cold blood would save the lives of two other children, would you murder that child?

What a fucked up, meaningless, assinine question.

..or another flip..

If we knew that banning blacks from owning guns would stop much of the vast majority of American gun murders they commit in cold blood, why didn't we do it yesterday?

If I KNEW that getting rid of ALL my weapons would save one child's life, even if I didn't know that child, I would throw them all in the deepest ocean.

But that's actually the opposite of what I DO know. Which is that NONE of my guns will EVER hurt a child.

If I KNEW that getting rid of ALL my weapons would save one child's life, even if I didn't know that child, I would throw them all in the deepest ocean.

But that's actually the opposite of what I DO know. Which is that NONE of my guns will EVER hurt a child.
...unless one somehow gets into the hands of a criminal that wants to kill a child. I am sure the mother of the Sandy Hook shooter thought the same thing before her deranged son killed her and used her guns to blow away innocent children.

Now there you are, thinking I'm in favor of a full ban on firearms. NEVER! I just wanted to point out one flaw in your stated claim that NONE would EVER... What you meant to say was that YOU will NEVER harm a child with your weapons. This too has the possibility of becoming a lie because you may someday go berserk and kill your whole family and go looking for the neighbor's children.

The point is, the guns just don't jump up and go kill children. The killing is done by the twisted person holding it.

We need to ban twisted people....not guns!

Last edited:
What a stupid question....other people will be saved with an assault weapon protecting them.

no -- just like if i knew prohibiting freedom of speech or exercise of religion would save one life (or more) i wouldnt favor that either

and I doubt than any of you own or will ever own an assault rifle....really

Forum List

Back