If you kids don't knock it off I'm going to pull the car over and

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
What else did your parents say to you.....................

And what do you say to your kids?

"Your mother lived through the depression"
"You know what your doing"
"Im going to disown you"

and you can walk!

My parents actually made my older brother and sister walk a few times. One time through a small town near here, of course it was only about a mile long and my parents waited on the other side.

If I told my mom she was mean, she would reply, " Mean, bad and ugly! Get it right!"

My son is little young to really get most of those saysings, so I just count, say no, and your yell " Get back here" alot. If we go anywhere, everyone knows my son's name within ten minutes. lol

My mom told me if I didn't pick up my toys the Gremlins would get them... And they did a few times. lol

We got the withering look. The one that is supposed to stop you in your tracks and put the fear of god in you.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
I do that too

"I brought you into this world, I can take you out."

"I don't care that everyone else is doing/is getting that, you are not everyone else."

'If someone wants you to do something you don't want to/shouldnt',' "Blame me, I can deal with it."

Yeah, I used all of them.

Last edited:
"I'm getting the spoon!"

My mother never laid a hand on us, but would threaten us with the wooden spoon daily. We would pretend to be afraid. And then laugh with her.

My mom told me if I didn't pick up my toys the Gremlins would get them... And they did a few times. lol

Similar story:

My mother used to take away my toys if I didn't pick them up when I was done playing. I could earn them back by performing small chores and such.

She tried the same technique on my brother when he became old enough. He basically said "thats ok, you can have them. I don't want them anymore."

Out maneuvered by a 6 year old. lol.

I thought my father came up with the best one when he said he'd give a quarter to the kid that stayed quiet the longest......we probably only lasted 5 minutes but I bet he really enjoyed that 5 minutes.

Never worked on my kids though, I have one that won't talk and another one that won't quit talking....

"You kids think money grows on trees"

"That's because she is older" (my sister - grrrrr)

"Just try that one more time" (I actually have used that :razz:)

"You better wipe that look off your face" (I use that one too - my youngest gets that same scowl and pout I used to pull!)

I thought my father came up with the best one when he said he'd give a quarter to the kid that stayed quiet the longest......we probably only lasted 5 minutes but I bet he really enjoyed that 5 minutes.

Never worked on my kids though, I have one that won't talk and another one that won't quit talking....

Going only by your join date, post count, and how (in)frequently I see you here....would it be safe to assume you earned a lot of quarters?
:cool:

Forum List

Back