If you have questions about Judaism

... i have NEVER heard of anyone throwing stones at ambulances. .

That doesn't mean it doesn't happen - that means you have not heard of it.

Have you ever lived in Israel?

If not - why would you imagine you would have heard about what happens in Mea Shearim?

while it is possible to say that such a thing has happened, it boggles the mind because an ambulance's work would be completely permitted on the sabbath. Thus, all the moreso that in a religious neighborhood, where people would (ostensibly) know the religious laws, there would be even less chance that this would take place. But, again, one person's knowledge and experiential base cannot diminish or outweigh another person's. If you have seen it then no one can tell you it didn't happen. It would be, though, an anomaly and not representative of any (even the most religious) branch of Judaism.

Rosends -

As I remember the main incident (and I may try and find the original news story if I have time) the perpetrator claimed that the ambulance did not have its lights flashing, so they did not know it was an ambulance. Th ambulance driver (from memory, this was more than 10 years ago) disputed this.

I only remember it because there was a lot of discussion about it on my kibbutz at the time.

I certainly aren't suggesting that these events are commomplace - but given Jillian neg repped me for lying, I did want to assert that the truth of the story.

I wonder if jillian can believe this story....

Three police officers were lightly injured Saturday during an ultra-Orthodox protest against Shabbat desecration in Jerusalem's Mea Shearim neighborhood.

One of the officers required medical treatment, delivered by a Magen David Adom ambulance.

Some 150 haredim hurled stones and glass bottles at officers in the city's Shivtey Yisrael street Saturday evening. Police said that most of the protestors were dispersed by force and that one minor was arrested after hurling stones at the officers.

Haredi protestors hurt 3 policemen - Israel News, Ynetnews

Rosends -

As I remember the main incident (and I may try and find the original news story if I have time) the perpetrator claimed that the ambulance did not have its lights flashing, so they did not know it was an ambulance. Th ambulance driver (from memory, this was more than 10 years ago) disputed this.

I only remember it because there was a lot of discussion about it on my kibbutz at the time.

I certainly aren't suggesting that these events are commomplace - but given Jillian neg repped me for lying, I did want to assert that the truth of the story.

understood -- I'd love to see the story because even with its lights off (according to my understanding) the ambulance would still be allowed to drive. And without lights not knowing it is an ambulance? MDA vehicles are pretty easy to spot. I hope that whoever the guy was, his own community chastised him.

Ok, so you are actually Jewish, then?

From your original post I thought maybe you were a Goyim who was just interested in Judaism!

Ok, I'll start things off:

There have been several incidents in Jerusalem where people have thrown stones at ambulances on Friday night, because they do not believe vehicles should be driven on Shabbat.

Do you think Judaism should 'update' some of the very outdated beliefs some Jews still cling to, or simply allow people to interpret the Talmud as they wish?
You mean goy. Goyim is plural.

I wonder if jillian can believe this story....

Three police officers were lightly injured Saturday during an ultra-Orthodox protest against Shabbat desecration in Jerusalem's Mea Shearim neighborhood.

One of the officers required medical treatment, delivered by a Magen David Adom ambulance.

Some 150 haredim hurled stones and glass bottles at officers in the city's Shivtey Yisrael street Saturday evening. Police said that most of the protestors were dispersed by force and that one minor was arrested after hurling stones at the officers.

Haredi protestors hurt 3 policemen - Israel News, Ynetnews

There are crazies everywhere.

Forum List

Back