If You Have Ever Made A Purchase At Walmart....

Actually Huggy -- the rebate part is an idea. But it has nothing to do with which RETAIL model you want to patronize. I don't see a lot of Benz / Bimmer / Lexuses in the WalMart parking lot. It primarily serves the folks on very limited budgets and I'd prefer not to experiment on them.

10% WOULD be way too high. (can't believe i'm actually plotting a bigger govt program here).. But you'd have to prove that the money PAID OUT in incentives would be much less than the revenues it generated from a larger job base.

And since it would be more like 3 or 4%, the American price of the good couldn't be more than that over the cost of some foreign equivalent. And add to that the fact -- that when subsidize something -- the price generally goes up.. Kinda needs some tweaking eh??

Hey! I'm no economist! No doubt the concept needs tweeking. My guess is that the taxes paid by the businesses and the taxes paid by the wages of the new employees would more than compensate for the tax credits. If not ten per cent then whatever number crunches to have the program pay for itself in new tax revenue.

The goal is INCENTIVE to buy American. It is my understanding that new wages in a community circulate at least three times into other business and incomes and therefore the money as it circulates gets taxed multiple times as income. Not everyone would be on board so the 10% should be a bargain vs the revenues collected by the IRS frm people that make money off the system yet buy foreign and wouldn't benefit from the tax break..

I would go even further and pass the same tax credit on to companies and REAL American Corporations buying and upgrading their infrastructure and manufacturing equipment. I would like to see John Deere and Catapillar get the lions share of construction and farm equipment sales.

Or any big box store ...or purchased a new foreign made automobile.....

You have absolutely no right to bitch about the economy!!!!!

"Ya sure" you say..."what about you HUGGY???"

I have NEVER purchased a damn thing at Walmart nor have I ever purchased a new foreign made auto. I don't buy at Costco. I did purchase a video camera a couple of years ago at Sams Club. We don't make any here in the USA as far as I know. Hey I get it that we can't ALWAYS buy American... But it should ALWAYS be the first choice.

You people that do and have always bought the cheapest foreign made crap are the problem with our economy.

Tonight, on ABC News, I saw one of the big lies perpetuated by the media about our countries ills. The commentator suggested that the problem is that we don't manufacture the same stuff anymore...like the manufacturers are the problem. No you fucking DOLT! The problem is that for the last thirty to forty years Americans have stopped BUYING AMERICAN MANUFACTURED GOODS!!!

These same morons are the first to blame Obama for our lack of jobs. Piss on you...one and all.

What is he supposed to do?..put a gun to your ignorant punkin heads and make you spend your money on our goods?

OK...enough of the rant...

HERE is a possible solution ....that can help you idiots do the right thing and put some of our economy back on the right track.

I propose that at tax time and you pissants that are crying about paying your fair share that we have a tax law that provides a 10% rebate off your tax burden if you can prove your purchases in the last year were American Manufactured. So If you bought a Camero you get to deduct ten per cent of it's price off your taxes.. Can't include food...but all hard goods, appliances.., ANYTHING that was made in the USA. Maybe 10% is too much..but you get my drift. If we can pay corporations to send our jobs overseas we can damn sure pay our citizens some tax credit to help the loyal companies of this nation retain customers.

Just sayin...

Your thoughts?

Yeah i have a thought.

Unions are the base line problem.

The unions are run by representatives put there by the members and are no better or worse than the other idiots that get elected to public positions of power. The problem is not the concept of a union any more than the concept of a democratic republic.

I have NEVER purchased a damn thing at Walmart nor have I ever purchased a new foreign made auto. I don't buy at Costco. I did purchase a video camera a couple of years ago at Sams Club. We don't make any here in the USA as far as I know. Hey I get it that we can't ALWAYS buy American... But it should ALWAYS be the first choice.

You people that do and have always bought the cheapest foreign made crap are the problem with our economy.

Tonight, on ABC News, I saw one of the big lies perpetuated by the media about our countries ills. The commentator suggested that the problem is that we don't manufacture the same stuff anymore...like the manufacturers are the problem. No you fucking DOLT! The problem is that for the last thirty to forty years Americans have stopped BUYING AMERICAN MANUFACTURED GOODS!!!

These same morons are the first to blame Obama for our lack of jobs. Piss on you...one and all.

What is he supposed to do?..put a gun to your ignorant punkin heads and make you spend your money on our goods?

HERE is a possible solution ....that can help you idiots do the right thing and put some of our economy back on the right track.

I propose that at tax time and you pissants that are crying about paying your fair share that we have a tax law that provides a 10% rebate off your tax burden if you can prove your purchases in the last year were American Manufactured. So If you bought a Camero you get to deduct ten per cent of it's price off your taxes.. Can't include food...but all hard goods, appliances.., ANYTHING that was made in the USA. Maybe 10% is too much..but you get my drift. If we can pay corporations to send our jobs overseas we can damn sure pay our citizens some tax credit to help the loyal companies of this nation retain customers.

Just sayin...

Your thoughts?

Why can't the government just tell us what to buy?

A lot of you so called conservatives are always bitching that there are not enough tax breaks...Why not have tax breaks for the common citizen that translate immediately into more good paying jobs for Americans.

Dopey OP.

I have not just one Honda auto, but two. And the prior two cars. BOTH Hondas.

I like supporting Canada.

And shopping at Walmart is NOT the problem with our economy, either.

I don't do sweeping generalities. It is definitely PART of the problem. The problem being that not enough Americans buy American.

Just sayin...

Your thoughts?

I have a better question...Why can't the government support American business and manufacturing?

A lot of you so called conservatives are always bitching that there are not enough tax breaks...Why not have tax breaks for the common citizen that translate immediately into more good paying jobs for Americans.

I still think that before trying more 'fixes' and 'tweaks' to the current tax code, we should scrap the fucker in favor of taxes that are fair because they're simple and a budget that is balanced by law.

Every deduction or credit added to the reams of tax code we already have is an abuse waiting to happen at most and confusing to the point of H&R Block doing most of the hiring involved with the move in the least.

Fair taxes, a budget that is balanced by law and then build a society and an economy that you're proud to hand off to your kids.

:smoke: It ain't rocket science, y'all.

Last edited:

I have a better question...Why can't the government support American business and manufacturing?

Like with a fair and simple tax code and support of the common infrastructure under a budget that is balanced by law?

That's the best thing We can do for Our 'free' enterprise system.

Remember: If the horse and buggy lobby had been as influential in their day as the oil lobby is today, the streets would smell different now.

Like with a fair and simple tax code and support of the common infrastructure under a budget that is balanced by law?

Remember: If the horse and buggy lobby had been as influential in their day as the oil lobby is today, the streets would smell different now.

Can't dissagree Mr. Joe... But a complete overhaul of the tax code would take years to get the political public will to force that much change to occur...if ever. We need ideas NOW to put our economy back on track. We need ideas that can be achieved in the current political environment. The righties are constantly screaming about tax cuts ... the lefties are begging for jobs.. I'm just offering an idea that should be appealing for both.

My life would be more interesting and lucrative if money was easier to access for my inventions so anything that will circulate more cash to help Americans to buy and invest in American business opportunities and manufacturing the better for my goals.

Can't dissagree Mr. Joe... But a complete overhaul of the tax code would take years to get the political public will to force that much change to occur...if ever. We need ideas NOW to put our economy back on track. We need ideas that can be achieved in the current political environment. The righties are constantly screaming about tax cuts ... the lefties are begging for jobs.. I'm just offering an idea that should be appealing for both.

My life would be more interesting and lucrative if money was easier to access for my inventions so anything that will circulate more cash to help Americans to buy and invest in American business opportunities and manufacturing the better for my goals.

The problem I see is that there are ZERO ideas worth looking at that will pass muster in the current political environment so we need to push for solutions that will work in spite of the politicians. Besides, if the house is falling down around you because of a faulty structure, another coat of paint won't help - even if the problem is a bit prettier for a year or two.

I'd rather see a super committee wrestling the tax code to the ground than languishing in a blind room full of smoke and mirrors to discuss spending. Hell, even this average Joe is smart enough to look in his checking account before he goes shopping at Wal-Mart.

Fair taxes, a budget balanced by law, then set spending priorities.

For an immediate economic boost, have the Federal Reserve start lending DIRECTLY to small businesses at their now famous 0% interest rate instead of lending only to the banksters who seem to be so disinterested in lending it out in the market place to help young enterprise grow.

Legalizing weed for recreational consumption would also create a few jobs while boosting the tax coffers and taking TONS of working capital away from the bad guys wreaking havoc along our southern border.

There is a LOT that could and should be done, but the first step has got to be to end the corruption that comes with congress playing outside the scope of The Constitution by taxing you and me at different rates, and taxing Exxon and GE at custom rates based on their campaign contribution history.

Last edited:

I can dig it Huggy! We, The Peeps is suffering from poor circulation - our cash-flow arteries are clogged with banksters, and they seem to be dug in tighter than an Alabama tick on a hound dog.

I propose that at tax time and you pissants that are crying about paying your fair share that we have a tax law that provides a 10% rebate off your tax burden if you can prove your purchases in the last year were American Manufactured.

Kind of a good idea, but Overly complex.

Plus, it does nothing to encentivize the 50% of the population who do not pay Income taxes.

TARIFFS are easier to collect, they bring revenue into the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, and they encentivize consumers to BUY AMERICAN, and industrialists to MAKE IT IN AMERICA, too.

I propose that at tax time and you pissants that are crying about paying your fair share that we have a tax law that provides a 10% rebate off your tax burden if you can prove your purchases in the last year were American Manufactured.

Kind of a good idea, but Overly complex.

Plus, it does nothing to encentivize the 50% of the population who do not pay Income taxes.

TARIFFS are easier to collect, they bring revenue into the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, and they encentivize consumers to BUY AMERICAN, and industrialists to MAKE IT IN AMERICA, too.

True but the reason that there are as you say 50% that pay little or nothing I suspect have little to spend on much of anything anyway.

I don't see how my idea is overly complex. We can deduct lots of things off taxes already and it is up to the IRS to judge if our deductions are appropriate. This wouldn't be a "new" program in the sense that we would need some new government agency to be created to manage it. Everything we buy these days has a bar code or an identifying number and the IRS employee could easily verify if the product purchased was legitimate. A copy of a receipt for purchases is already required for most deductions.

My idea isn't a cure-all for our economy. I see it as a positive step in the right direction to increase tax revenue and give American manufacturing a much needed boost.

It is easy to daydream about sweeping changes in our system but big changes take a lot of time and political will. This idea could be implemented immediately and would require little of the government and REQUIRE no one or business to do anything. It is merely an incentive to BUY AMERICAN.

Just sayin...

Your thoughts?

Yeah that darned govt pulls drugs off the market just because a few die. It should be our choice if we want to buy those drugs.

Just sayin...

Your thoughts?

Yeah that darned govt pulls drugs off the market just because a few die. It should be our choice if we want to buy those drugs.

You libs TEND to think that you DO have the right to make life and death decisions all on your own. Except when you don't.

Just sayin...

Your thoughts?

Yeah i have a thought.

The unions are run by representatives put there by the members and are no better or worse than the other idiots that get elected to public positions of power. The problem is not the concept of a union any more than the concept of a democratic republic.

No? Union labor demands are prime reason that companies have left this country to have their products manufactured elsewhere.

Yeah i have a thought.

No? Union labor demands are prime reason that companies have left this country to have their products manufactured elsewhere.

Labor unions are also why we as a country still enjoy the highest over all standard of living in the industrialized world.

Forum List

Back