If you have children or grandchildren in school....you need to be concerned.

The cost of doing business in our gun-laden society is having mass shootings. That's the attitude of a minority of people who think there arsenal of assault weapons is too cool to give up.

So we must suffer the scourge of assault weapons. Of course their solution is akin to charging fire extinguishers with gasoline. More guns for everybody!

Surely we can take lessons from every other industrialized nation on earth where mass shootings are not seen as routine and expected. Those other nations do not provide a fool proof wat of absolutely preventing mass shootings. They have some things right, but we have everything wrong.
Why should people who never killed anyone, never threaten anyone have to give up anything? How do my guns sitting in my gun safe have anything to do with a mass murder? WTF is wrong with you?
I suppose Adam Lanza's mother wondered the same thing.

One problem is we live in a cultural of violence, it's in movies, on TV, in video games, another is the family unit has broken down.

That's part of it, but it doesn't end there. Our mental health system is broken. How much warning did the State of Florida need about this guy? The local police had been to his house; the FBI had questioned him. He flat out said he would do this. It's very hard to hold someone for mental evaluation without their consent due to changes in the law many years ago. Perhaps we need to reevaluate that and make it a bit easier while still balancing people's civil liberties.

Those are the problems, but nobody is talking about that stuff. All I hear are ban "assault" weapons and put metal detectors in the schools.
That's because the "nutjobs among you" problem was solved and subsequently unsolved by the libs. Lock their asses up in asylums and Thorazine their asses like we did 50 years ago. It worked then. We "had" to quit doing it and now you wonder why the nutjobs are back on the streets.

No, I'm not wondering why the nutjobs are on the streets. I just told you why.

If we can't have armed guards and metal detectors, and if we can't arm a select few teachers... what solution are we left with?

Gun free zones? Yeah, already tried that. You can see for yourself what a success that has been.

American society is the victim of cultural rot. We have a mental health system in shambles. That's what needs fixed. We don't need gun control and we don't need to raise our kids in a Soviet style police state with armed guards everywhere they go.

And what happens when that newly repaired mental health system fails? What's going to stop that one bad actor who slipped through the cracks from shooting up another school?

Is there any viable solution here where we can keep our children safe?

I'm not that old, in my mid thirties, and we didn't need metal detectors and armed guards at my high school, so what has changed since 2000 when I graduated? That's the question that needs to be answered and addressed and nobody seems to be bothering with it. Everyone wants to treat the symptoms instead of the disease.

In the meantime children are dying, you have to take preventive medicine.

Sorry, but no. Having kids walk through metal detectors in order to enter their school everyday is not the answer and it's not a vision of a free country. It's a fucking police state. This is another typical knee jerk reaction in the immediate aftermath of a tragedy. This is exactly how we ended up with the bungling, inefficient TSA sticking their hands down people's pants in the airports and the NSA downloading everyone's metadata.
A police state? Really? Making sure kids don't bring guns or other weapons to school is not a police state. Sigh...

No, but assuming they are all criminals the moment they walk through the door most certainly is, but I don't expect a bunch of "small government" conservatards to understand that since you clowns are the biggest Big Brother police state boot lickers there are. You have so much in common with the Soviets you hated so much.
Are you drunk right now? You sound drunk.

So you have nothing constructive to add? Shocking.....

If we can't have armed guards and metal detectors, and if we can't arm a select few teachers... what solution are we left with?

Gun free zones? Yeah, already tried that. You can see for yourself what a success that has been.

American society is the victim of cultural rot. We have a mental health system in shambles. That's what needs fixed. We don't need gun control and we don't need to raise our kids in a Soviet style police state with armed guards everywhere they go.

And what happens when that newly repaired mental health system fails? What's going to stop that one bad actor who slipped through the cracks from shooting up another school?

What happens when your metal detector fails? What happens if your gun ban fails? Are you seriously advocating a Utopian solution with 100% success? Only an idiot would believe the world works that way.

One problem is we live in a cultural of violence, it's in movies, on TV, in video games, another is the family unit has broken down.

That's part of it, but it doesn't end there. Our mental health system is broken. How much warning did the State of Florida need about this guy? The local police had been to his house; the FBI had questioned him. He flat out said he would do this. It's very hard to hold someone for mental evaluation without their consent due to changes in the law many years ago. Perhaps we need to reevaluate that and make it a bit easier while still balancing people's civil liberties.

Those are the problems, but nobody is talking about that stuff. All I hear are ban "assault" weapons and put metal detectors in the schools.
That's because the "nutjobs among you" problem was solved and subsequently unsolved by the libs. Lock their asses up in asylums and Thorazine their asses like we did 50 years ago. It worked then. We "had" to quit doing it and now you wonder why the nutjobs are back on the streets.

No, I'm not wondering why the nutjobs are on the streets. I just told you why.
And I just gave the solution. Round 'em up, herd 'em into asylums and Thorazine their asses into oblivion - a chemical lobotomy so to speak.

What happens when your metal detector fails? What happens if your gun ban fails? Are you seriously advocating a Utopian solution with 100% success? Only an idiot would believe the world works that way.

You misunderstand me completely. What I get is that there is no solution. None whatsoever. I find that aggravating. Do we, or do we not care about our children?

I have grandchildren in school and I am very concerned that the belief that ANYONE is entitled to owning a gun espoused by the NRA and pushed by the GOP is endangering the lives of my grandchildren. The cycle has GOT TO STOP.

This is not a political issue. It is a common sense issue. To those that believe in the Second Amendment, I too am a gun owner and a hunter. I see no reason in the world to own an assault rifle, other than to take other people's lives.

I urge you to think about this. No one, especially those of us who respect and own guns, wants to take away guns. It is not, nor will it ever be something that should be done. But, we do want to see common sense laws enacted that stop this deadly cycle of mass shootings.

The NRA is blocking the CDC from even studying mental health and gun violence. Why....why should the lives of your children and grandchildren be held hostage by a bullying organization that is more interested with profit from gun sales than with the lives of our children. Think about that....before it is your child or grandchild whose picture we see on the evening news.

STOP THE MADNESS OF GUN VIOLENCE!

If you do the math, your chance of dying in a school shooting, if you are a teacher or student, is 1 in 3.3 MILLION.

That's the same odds a US Citizen has of being executed by the State for a Crime.

And guns have already been taken away from me. As a resident of NYC I have to wait 3-6 months and pay $600 in fines to legally own a handgun, to keep in my own apartment.

As long as laws like that are still on the books, why the fuck should we give anything back to morons like you who lie about supporting guns?

Derp....the left will never get it

27867355_10213354055498760_3597690302653638587_n.jpg

The cost of doing business in our gun-laden society is having mass shootings. That's the attitude of a minority of people who think there arsenal of assault weapons is too cool to give up.

So we must suffer the scourge of assault weapons. Of course their solution is akin to charging fire extinguishers with gasoline. More guns for everybody!

Surely we can take lessons from every other industrialized nation on earth where mass shootings are not seen as routine and expected. Those other nations do not provide a fool proof wat of absolutely preventing mass shootings. They have some things right, but we have everything wrong.
Why should people who never killed anyone, never threaten anyone have to give up anything? How do my guns sitting in my gun safe have anything to do with a mass murder? WTF is wrong with you?
I suppose Adam Lanza's mother wondered the same thing.
Won't answer and spins off bullshit - typical

New Topics

Forum List

Back