If You Hated The Dubai Port Deal?...

You must really really hate a giant Mosque being built so close to the 911 Ground Zero site. I'm seeing an awful lot of dishonesty & hypocrisy from the Left on this Mosque issue. They sure did scream bloody murder when Bush tried to sell our port to Dubai no? Where's (D) Charlie Schumer and the rest who frothed at the mouth railing against that deal 24/7? Personally,i didn't support selling our port to Dubai and i don't support this large Mosque being built so close to the 911 Ground Zero site. Honesty and integrity seem to be real hard to find these days. It's very sad.

So NOW out of your usual desperation you are actually trying to compare a foreign country controlling a port of entry into the US to Americans who happen to practice a religion you don't like and would like to build on property that they are paying for?? There really is NO real comparison so what is your point?? Do you have one?

You want to know what is funny? I seem to remember a thread a while back where right wingers were "glad Rand Paul said what he said about desegregation because the state had no right to tell other people how to use their own private property." and yet in this instance they wish for the state to interfere and tell people that they don't have the right to do what they want with their property. LOL

So yeah, I would have to agree that honesty and integrity seem to be real hard to find these days, so when are you and the republican party going to start practicing what you preach??

I never said i wanted the State to interfere with anything. These builders obviously have the right to build their Mosque but that doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

LOL, ok if you say so but the fact remains that the only thing preventing it from being built are a bunch of xenophobic right wing hacks who originally lied and tried to claim that it was being built on ground zero to scare up support against it.

Oh and in case you missed it your spin and lame comparison where none really exists is still nothing but BS but you know that don't you and that's why you refused to respond to my comments. How typical.

Furthermore, since they have the RIGHT to build it then what can the conservative right legally do to stop them other than get the state to interfere and deny them their permit to build??

I see some on the Left are now spinning their Dubai Port deal opposition was all about foreigners controlling our ports. Seems pretty disingenuous to me. Foreigners have had a lot of control of our ports for several years. I seem to recall much of the opposition revolved around which foreigners would be allowed to run our ports. The Dubai foreigners were Muslims and that was what most Americans were concerned with. I know it's convenient for the Left to now spin that it was all about foreigners running our ports but that just wasn't so.

I don't see this as a Left-Right issue, You, me and Oddball are all Ron Paul supporters, your very much opposed to it, I've defended it from a private property standpoint since day one and Oddball just stated he's ambivalent about it so it seems that this issue appears to be running on emotion more than anything.

You're probably right. Emotion does and should have something to do with it though.

So NOW out of your usual desperation you are actually trying to compare a foreign country controlling a port of entry into the US to Americans who happen to practice a religion you don't like and would like to build on property that they are paying for?? There really is NO real comparison so what is your point?? Do you have one?

You want to know what is funny? I seem to remember a thread a while back where right wingers were "glad Rand Paul said what he said about desegregation because the state had no right to tell other people how to use their own private property." and yet in this instance they wish for the state to interfere and tell people that they don't have the right to do what they want with their property. LOL

So yeah, I would have to agree that honesty and integrity seem to be real hard to find these days, so when are you and the republican party going to start practicing what you preach??

I never said i wanted the State to interfere with anything. These builders obviously have the right to build their Mosque but that doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

LOL, ok if you say so but the fact remains that the only thing preventing it from being built are a bunch of xenophobic right wing hacks who originally lied and tried to claim that it was being built on ground zero to scare up support against it.

Oh and in case you missed it your spin and lame comparison where none really exists is still nothing but BS but you know that don't you and that's why you refused to respond to my comments. How typical.

Furthermore, since they have the RIGHT to build it then what can the conservative right legally do to stop them other than get the state to interfere and deny them their permit to build??

Well actually,there is Eminent Domain. I don't support Eminent Domain Laws but they can be used in a variety of ways.

shut up you insane twit. :cuckoo:

Ah, more proof that you have nothing--zero--to add to any discussion because your opinions are based on feelings rather than any fact. In fact they are contradicted by facts.
So you make up for your obvious inadequacy by throwing epithets. Sad, really.

Well actually,there is Eminent Domain. I don't support Eminent Domain Laws but they can be used in a variety of ways.

That's a slippery slope smeared with K-Y Jelly on it, I want no part of government using eminent domain with such ease.:talktothehand:

That's a slippery slope smeared with K-Y Jelly on it, I want no part of government using eminent domain with such ease.:talktothehand:

lol! I agree. I was just pointing out that the Government can and often does use Eminent Domain Laws when they see fit. They could find a legal angle to impose Eminent Domain on these builders. I wouldn't support that though.

I didn't support the Dubai Port deal. I thought that was a pretty big Bush f*ck-up. Every Democrat i saw on TV,vehemently opposed the deal. (D) Charlie Schumer was the most vocal of the Democrats in his opposition. The first & only time i will ever agree with Charlie Schumer on anything. lol!

There wasn't a NY'er who thought that our security should be run by a foreign country...
actually, the Dubai ports deal would have given the US more access into OTHER ports for security
we could have had US Security people in EVERY port that Dubai ports ran
it was stupid the way that whole thing turned out

I see some on the Left are now spinning their Dubai Port deal opposition was all about foreigners controlling our ports. Seems pretty disingenuous to me. Foreigners have had a lot of control of our ports for several years. I seem to recall much of the opposition revolved around which foreigners would be allowed to run our ports. The Dubai foreigners were Muslims and that was what most Americans were concerned with. I know it's convenient for the Left to now spin that it was all about foreigners running our ports but that just wasn't so.
there were people on both left and right saying stupid things about that deal
and i thought both were stupid

You must really really hate a giant Mosque being built so close to the 911 Ground Zero site. I'm seeing an awful lot of dishonesty & hypocrisy from the Left on this Mosque issue. They sure did scream bloody murder when Bush tried to sell our port to Dubai no? Where's (D) Charlie Schumer and the rest who frothed at the mouth railing against that deal 24/7? Personally,i didn't support selling our port to Dubai and i don't support this large Mosque being built so close to the 911 Ground Zero site. Honesty and integrity seem to be real hard to find these days. It's very sad.

You make a good point, it would be hard for me to support Rand Paul on what he said and flip flop concerning the Mosque, it's a private property issue with me. Might not like it but , their property and not violating any ordinances or anything, they should allowed to build, again, that does not mean people have to like it anymore than I care if people "like it" when I hoist my Confederate Flag in the air, my property so screw em!

I am not saying that they have to like it. They have a right to express their disagreement with it's location and I am not trying to say that they don't. I am just pointing out the contradiction between the two positions and calling out libo for his lack of honesty and integrity. LOL.

I didn't support the Dubai Port deal. I thought that was a pretty big Bush f*ck-up. Every Democrat i saw on TV,vehemently opposed the deal. (D) Charlie Schumer was the most vocal of the Democrats in his opposition. The first & only time i will ever agree with Charlie Schumer on anything. lol!

There wasn't a NY'er who thought that our security should be run by a foreign country...
actually, the Dubai ports deal would have given the US more access into OTHER ports for security
we could have had US Security people in EVERY port that Dubai ports ran
it was stupid the way that whole thing turned out

i suppose it's possible that if it were another country, it might have been more acceptable, but at that time, we were still discussing the fact that they refused to follow the 9/11 commission's recommendations with regard to port security. it seemed inconceivable that the response in lieu of funding was to have dubai own our port.

Which of course is a lie since the same people responsible for security would continue to be responsible. I believe that's DHS. That would not have changed.

But don't let facts get in the way of your opinion, "counselor.":rofl:

Identifying the hypocrisy of the Left is like cleaning the Augean Stables because it piles up faster than it can be catalogued. And smells as bad.

LOL So how about some PROOF of your claim?? Once again you saying it doesn't make it so. You present an OPINION that you admit is based on your BELIEF and then proclaim it as fact when you provided zero substance to support your claim. LOL Please take your own advise and "don't let facts get in the way of your opinion." LOL

BTW how long before you cut and run from this thread like you have all of the others after you were called out for your spin?? I am still waiting on you to come back to that other thread where I showed that you lied. So do you have the integrity to admit it or are you still running away? LOL

So you want the government to intervene and take their property away from them because you don't like what they are going to do with their property?? Seriously?? You would support this even as you rail against obama and big government?? WOW! Do you fail to see the contradiction??

shut up you insane twit. :cuckoo:

Ah, more proof that you have nothing--zero--to add to any discussion because your opinions are based on feelings rather than any fact. In fact they are contradicted by facts.
So you make up for your obvious inadequacy by throwing epithets. Sad, really.

Says the troll who calls other posters liars based on his own beliefs that he presents as fact even though he fails to provide anything of substance to support his beliefs. LOL

So it's ok for you throw epithets to make up for your obvious inadequacy but no one else can return what you dish out?? Oh well it's just another example of your typical dishonesty and hypocrisy. GJ. LOL

lol! I agree. I was just pointing out that the Government can and often does use Eminent Domain Laws when they see fit. They could find a legal angle to impose Eminent Domain on these builders. I wouldn't support that though.

If you wouldn't support it then why would you even bother suggesting it as a valid response to my question?? So since that was nothing but a diversion and not a real position that you woiuld support, do you have anything that actually applies??

Furthermore, in order to use eminent domain wouldn't they have to justify the reason for taking the property or do you believe that they can just take it as long as they pay fair market value for it??

Which of course is a lie since the same people responsible for security would continue to be responsible. I believe that's DHS. That would not have changed.

Identifying the hypocrisy of the Left is like cleaning the Augean Stables because it piles up faster than it can be catalogued. And smells as bad.

LOL So how about some PROOF of your claim?? Once again you saying it doesn't make it so. You present an OPINION that you admit is based on your BELIEF and then proclaim it as fact when you provided zero substance to support your claim. LOL Please take your own advise and "don't let facts get in the way of your opinion." LOL

BTW how long before you cut and run from this thread like you have all of the others after you were called out for your spin?? I am still waiting on you to come back to that other thread where I showed that you lied. So do you have the integrity to admit it or are you still running away? LOL

Go look up Homeland Security or search for port security and come back and tell us what you find.

You must really really hate a giant Mosque being built so close to the 911 Ground Zero site. I'm seeing an awful lot of dishonesty & hypocrisy from the Left on this Mosque issue. They sure did scream bloody murder when Bush tried to sell our port to Dubai no? Where's (D) Charlie Schumer and the rest who frothed at the mouth 24/7 railing against that deal? Personally,i didn't support selling our port to Dubai and i don't support this large Mosque being built so close to the 911 Ground Zero site. Honesty and integrity seem to be real hard to find these days. It's very sad.

In what universe are the two comparable?

Go look up Homeland Security or search for port security and come back and tell us what you find.

It was your claim hack, the burden of proof is on YOU.
However, this is a perfect example of your typical dishonesty as you make a claim you can't prove and then try to do everything you can, from trying to change the focus of the argument to demanding that others prove you wrong, to avoid proving your own claims because in the end you've got NOTHING.

BTW still waiting on you to come back to that other thread that you cut and ran from after being shown to be dishonest or are you still running away?? LOL

Forum List

Back