If You Hated The Dubai Port Deal?...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LibocalypseNow, Aug 18, 2010.

1. LibocalypseNow

LibocalypseNow Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    You must really really hate a giant Mosque being built so close to the 911 Ground Zero site. I'm seeing an awful lot of dishonesty & hypocrisy from the Left on this Mosque issue. They sure did scream bloody murder when Bush tried to sell our port to Dubai no? Where's (D) Charlie Schumer and the rest who frothed at the mouth 24/7 railing against that deal? Personally,i didn't support selling our port to Dubai and i don't support this large Mosque being built so close to the 911 Ground Zero site. Honesty and integrity seem to be real hard to find these days. It's very sad.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  2. johnrocks

johnrocks Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +279
    I remember a lot of people opposed that because a foreign country would be owning an American port. I can't recall the details but I "think" I thought it should go through if security checks were implemented.

3. LibocalypseNow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    I didn't support the Dubai Port deal. I thought that was a pretty big Bush f*ck-up. Every Democrat i saw on TV,vehemently opposed the deal. (D) Charlie Schumer was the most vocal of the Democrats in his opposition. The first & only time i will ever agree with Charlie Schumer on anything. lol!

4. johnrocks

johnrocks Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +279
    I honestly can't remember how I felt, I've blinked since then,lol. I'm such a free market hog though, I'm "thinking" I may have supported....coin toss time,lol.

5. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    Personally, I was in favor of the port deal -though not terribly enthusiastically- and am ambivalent about the community center/mosque.

6. drsmith1072

drsmith1072 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +250
    So NOW out of your usual desperation you are actually trying to compare a foreign country controlling a port of entry into the US to Americans who happen to practice a religion you don't like and would like to build on property that they are paying for?? There really is NO real comparison so what is your point?? Do you have one?

You want to know what is funny? I seem to remember a thread a while back where right wingers were "glad Rand Paul said what he said about desegregation because the state had no right to tell other people how to use their own private property." and yet in this instance they wish for the state to interfere and tell people that they don't have the right to do what they want with their property. LOL

So yeah, I would have to agree that honesty and integrity seem to be real hard to find these days, so when are you and the republican party going to start practicing what you preach??

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  7. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    He's not a republican, Gomer. :lol:

8. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    There wasn't a NY'er who thought that our security should be run by a foreign country...

9. LibocalypseNow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    I never said i wanted the State to interfere with anything. These builders obviously have the right to build their Mosque but that doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

10. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    Libo for some reason thinks this is the exact same situation. I didn't know this mosque would be running security in New York! :lol: