If You Hated The Dubai Port Deal?...

LibocalypseNow

Jul 30, 2009
You must really really hate a giant Mosque being built so close to the 911 Ground Zero site. I'm seeing an awful lot of dishonesty & hypocrisy from the Left on this Mosque issue. They sure did scream bloody murder when Bush tried to sell our port to Dubai no? Where's (D) Charlie Schumer and the rest who frothed at the mouth 24/7 railing against that deal? Personally,i didn't support selling our port to Dubai and i don't support this large Mosque being built so close to the 911 Ground Zero site. Honesty and integrity seem to be real hard to find these days. It's very sad.

Last edited:
I remember a lot of people opposed that because a foreign country would be owning an American port. I can't recall the details but I "think" I thought it should go through if security checks were implemented.

I didn't support the Dubai Port deal. I thought that was a pretty big Bush f*ck-up. Every Democrat i saw on TV,vehemently opposed the deal. (D) Charlie Schumer was the most vocal of the Democrats in his opposition. The first & only time i will ever agree with Charlie Schumer on anything. lol!

I honestly can't remember how I felt, I've blinked since then,lol. I'm such a free market hog though, I'm "thinking" I may have supported....coin toss time,lol.

You must really really hate a giant Mosque being built so close to the 911 Ground Zero site. I'm seeing an awful lot of dishonesty & hypocrisy from the Left on this Mosque issue. They sure did scream bloody murder when Bush tried to sell our port to Dubai no? Where's (D) Charlie Schumer and the rest who frothed at the mouth railing against that deal 24/7? Personally,i didn't support selling our port to Dubai and i don't support this large Mosque being built so close to the 911 Ground Zero site. Honesty and integrity seem to be real hard to find these days. It's very sad.

So NOW out of your usual desperation you are actually trying to compare a foreign country controlling a port of entry into the US to Americans who happen to practice a religion you don't like and would like to build on property that they are paying for?? There really is NO real comparison so what is your point?? Do you have one?

You want to know what is funny? I seem to remember a thread a while back where right wingers were "glad Rand Paul said what he said about desegregation because the state had no right to tell other people how to use their own private property." and yet in this instance they wish for the state to interfere and tell people that they don't have the right to do what they want with their property. LOL

So yeah, I would have to agree that honesty and integrity seem to be real hard to find these days, so when are you and the republican party going to start practicing what you preach??

Last edited:
I didn't support the Dubai Port deal. I thought that was a pretty big Bush f*ck-up. Every Democrat i saw on TV,vehemently opposed the deal. (D) Charlie Schumer was the most vocal of the Democrats in his opposition. The first & only time i will ever agree with Charlie Schumer on anything. lol!

There wasn't a NY'er who thought that our security should be run by a foreign country...

You must really really hate a giant Mosque being built so close to the 911 Ground Zero site. I'm seeing an awful lot of dishonesty & hypocrisy from the Left on this Mosque issue. They sure did scream bloody murder when Bush tried to sell our port to Dubai no? Where's (D) Charlie Schumer and the rest who frothed at the mouth railing against that deal 24/7? Personally,i didn't support selling our port to Dubai and i don't support this large Mosque being built so close to the 911 Ground Zero site. Honesty and integrity seem to be real hard to find these days. It's very sad.

So NOW out of your usual desperation you are actually trying to compare a foreign country controlling a port of entry into the US to Americans who happen to practice a religion you don't like and would like to build on property that they are paying for?? There really is NO real comparison so what is your point?? Do you have one?

You want to know what is funny? I seem to remember a thread a while back where right wingers were "glad Rand Paul said what he said about desegregation because the state had no right to tell other people how to use their own private property." and yet in this instance they wish for the state to interfere and tell people that they don't have the right to do what they want with their property. LOL

So yeah, I would have to agree that honesty and integrity seem to be real hard to find these days, so when are you and the republican party going to start practicing what you preach??

I never said i wanted the State to interfere with anything. These builders obviously have the right to build their Mosque but that doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

There wasn't a NY'er who thought that our security should be run by a foreign country...

Libo for some reason thinks this is the exact same situation. I didn't know this mosque would be running security in New York! :lol:

I never said i wanted the State to interfere with anything. These builders obviously have the right to build their Mosque but that doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

Then why the hell do you have to make thread after thread complaining about it? Can't contain yourself to one?

You make a good point, it would be hard for me to support Rand Paul on what he said and flip flop concerning the Mosque, it's a private property issue with me. Might not like it but , their property and not violating any ordinances or anything, they should allowed to build, again, that does not mean people have to like it anymore than I care if people "like it" when I hoist my Confederate Flag in the air, my property so screw em!

Then why the hell do you have to make thread after thread complaining about it? Can't contain yourself to one?

Hey if you got better stuff then go for it. I'll anxiously await your next post.

That's right! I think I opposed it now, due to it being a country owning it, it wasn't private at all...duh,lol!

Which of course is a lie since the same people responsible for security would continue to be responsible. I believe that's DHS. That would not have changed.

But don't let facts get in the way of your opinion, "counselor.":rofl:

Identifying the hypocrisy of the Left is like cleaning the Augean Stables because it piles up faster than it can be catalogued. And smells as bad.

shut up you insane twit. :cuckoo:

btw, i think some pretend rabbi hardware salesman isn't really in a position to know who 'sounds like a lawyer'.

but you can keep pretending if that makes you feel like you've got gonads.

loser. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you must really have low self-esteem.

Last edited:
I see some on the Left are now spinning their Dubai Port deal opposition was all about foreigners controlling our ports. Seems pretty disingenuous to me. Foreigners have had a lot of control of our ports for several years. I seem to recall much of the opposition revolved around which foreigners would be allowed to run our ports. The Dubai foreigners were Muslims and that was what most Americans were concerned with. I know it's convenient for the Left to now spin that it was all about foreigners running our ports but that just wasn't so.

I see some on the Left are now spinning their Dubai Port deal opposition was all about foreigners controlling our ports. Seems pretty disingenuous to me. Foreigners have had a lot of control of our ports for several years. I seem to recall much of the opposition revolved around which foreigners would be allowed to run our ports. The Dubai foreigners were Muslims and that was what most Americans were concerned with. I know it's convenient for the Left to now spin that it was all about foreigners running our ports but that just wasn't so.

actually, if you look at my posts then i said the same thing.

it was a bogus move.

I don't see this as a Left-Right issue, You, me and Oddball are all Ron Paul supporters, your very much opposed to it, I've defended it from a private property standpoint since day one and Oddball just stated he's ambivalent about it so it seems that this issue appears to be running on emotion more than anything.

Forum List

Back