If you had $30,000 to spend on a sports car?

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
Or a sports-sedan (Legacy GT, M5, Evo, etc) or sports-coup (G35, Austin?)...or even muscle car (Mustang gt, GTO, etc)? which would you buy, and why?

I'm thinking I just don't know. Too many choices. If pushed came to shove, likely a used c6 - sometime after the used prices get to $30k or less.

As-is, I have the best-performing car I can afford, which meets the needs of my family. Feels nice to have a car I like - still, if I had my druthers, I'd get something smaller, and with fewer seats, and likely a rag top.

:)

dmp said:
Or a sports-sedan (Legacy GT, M5, Evo, etc) or sports-coup (G35, Austin?)...or even muscle car (Mustang gt, GTO, etc)? which would you buy, and why?

I'm thinking I just don't know. Too many choices. If pushed came to shove, likely a used c6 - sometime after the used prices get to $30k or less.

As-is, I have the best-performing car I can afford, which meets the needs of my family. Feels nice to have a car I like - still, if I had my druthers, I'd get something smaller, and with fewer seats, and likely a rag top.

Only 30k? :(
I want this:

If only 30k though, you and I already have the same car :)

The ClayTaurus said:
Only 30k? :(
I want this:

If only 30k though, you and I already have the same car :)

I can't imagine an auto enthusiast who would NOT want the C6 Z06. AMAZING car.

Yeah - $30k is the limit for this thread. :(

dmp said:
I can't imagine an auto enthusiast who would NOT want the C6 Z06. AMAZING car.

Yeah - $30k is the limit for this thread. :(

I'll let you know if I get to drive one, gf's dad is a high-up lawyer at GM, when I got my 8 we traded... he drove my 8 and I drove the 06 vette he brought home for the week.

Secondary unmuffled exhaust? Drool. :wank: Ok ok, enough threadjacking. Sorry.

gop_jeff said:
I'd buy a Dodge Magnum. With the rest of the money, I'd buy a custom bass and associated gear!

You'd be hard pressed to find a Magnum Hemi (as if there'd be any OTHER trim level you could buy) for $30k.

gop_jeff said:
I'd buy a Dodge Magnum. With the rest of the money, I'd buy a custom bass and associated gear!

A magnum with some nice rims and tires, perhaps lowered a little bit, and tinted, does wonders to that thing. Stock I think it looks a bit neutered, it begs for customization...

The ClayTaurus said:
A magnum with some nice rims and tires, perhaps lowered a little bit, and tinted, does wonders to that thing. Stock I think it looks a bit neutered, it begs for customization...

.....and if he lives at altitudes approaching 20,000 ft, a 'supercharger'... :D

dmp said:
.....and if he lives at altitudes approaching 20,000 ft, a 'supercharger'... :D
I hear that does wonders, beats putting water into the cylinders. With the supercharger, he can climb higher up the mountain.

old school muscle! not that crap they call cars now days. i want it made of metal, not plastic. with an engine you wouldnt have to put nos on to make it go fast.

Forum List

Back