If you feel flu or cold symptoms, a very good suggestion.

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013

Yes, one of these "internet" remedies. Research it yourself. I felt the flu coming on. Actually had a low grade fever, stick neck.

I did this. I have actually done this for a while. I have this for this very reason. Worked virtually immediately.

Vitamin C Ascorbic acid.

in my childhood my mother always insisted in giving us me and my brother and sister Vitamin C to prevent colds

all the time...I loved it they tasted like orange! :biggrin:

I swear by zinc lozenges as long as you take them AS SOON as you first feel the symptoms coming on - scratchy/sore throat, coughing, sneezing/running /itchy nose/eyes, etc. A friend of mine was so impressed with the results that he researched how it works and apparently it interfers with the germs' ability to reproduce which is why you have to take it as soon as you realize you're getting sick, since it essentially prevents you from getting ill. It won't help once you've gotten sick.

I keep Emer-Gen-C packets around. When I feel any symptoms, I put 3 packets in a small glass of water and down it. If I'm still feeling bad an hour or so later I repeat it.

3k mg of Vit C and some other vitamins and minerals every hour or so. Never had anything make it beyond 3 doses.

Forum List

Back