If you don't vote, you have no right to complain!

2Parties

Nov 27, 2009
Tennis Sea
George Carlin said:
I don't vote, because I believe if you vote, you have no right to complain. People like to twist that around, I know. They say "Well, if you don't vote, you have no right to complain." Well where's the logic in that? If you vote, and you elect dishonest, incompetent people and they get into office and screw everything up, well you are responsible for what they have done. You caused the problem, you voted them in, you have no right to complain! I, on the other hand, who did not vote, who in fact did not even leave the house on election day, am in no way responsible for what these people have done and have every right to complain as loud as I want about the mess you created that I had nothing to do with!

:clap2:

Please,If you don't study the candidates and issues, Please DON'T VOTE. Nothing irritates me more than voters who nothing about anyone running but vote the party line.

3 options:
1. Vote for the winner. If this happens you are partially responsible for their election, and you have no right to complain as you supported them. You now deserve some of the blame for the actions of this politician.
2. Vote for a loser. If this happens you were better off not voting because the same result occurs.
3. Don't vote.

I'll take 3 over 2 any day.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
Please,If you don't study the candidates and issues, Please DON'T VOTE. Nothing irritates me more than voters who nothing about anyone running but vote the party line.

That's what has always happened and what will always happen. Enjoy democracy. :eusa_angel:

George Carlin said:
I don't vote, because I believe if you vote, you have no right to complain. People like to twist that around, I know. They say "Well, if you don't vote, you have no right to complain." Well where's the logic in that? If you vote, and you elect dishonest, incompetent people and they get into office and screw everything up, well you are responsible for what they have done. You caused the problem, you voted them in, you have no right to complain! I, on the other hand, who did not vote, who in fact did not even leave the house on election day, am in no way responsible for what these people have done and have every right to complain as loud as I want about the mess you created that I had nothing to do with!

If you don't vote, you have no right to an opinion.
Staying away from the polls on election day to absolve oneself of responsibility is a cop out.

If you want to make yourself responsible for the actions of politicians feel free to do so, but don't complain when you elected them. Also, please leave those of us who choose not to be apart of their scheme alone.

I write ron paul into every ballot even for local elections. hes the only real conservative around and the only person I would ever vote for. Once he gives up political I will simply stop voting

If you want to make yourself responsible for the actions of politicians feel free to do so, but don't complain when you elected them. Also, please leave those of us who choose not to be apart of their scheme alone.

Bullshit. If you elected them and they do things other than the things they led you to believe they would do. You damn well should complain.

for instance, anyone who voted for mccain or obama in 08 is a traitor statist who should have been shot after casting their vote or possibly sent to Venezuela instead to enjoy their nanny government they labored to vote in

George Carlin said:

Staying away from the polls on election day to absolve oneself of responsibility is a cop out.

unless you voted 3rd party your choices were two nanny government statists, besides healthcare, not much is different in a mccain vs obama presidency

unless you voted 3rd party your choices were two nanny government statists, besides healthcare, not much is different in a mccain vs obama presidency

Healthcare is a rather large difference. IMO

And what is with you wanting so many people shot. :)

Healthcare is a rather large difference. IMO

And what is with you wanting so many people shot. :)

its really not that much difference. something would have to be done in the next 5 years or the whole system would have collapsed.

and I want so many people shot b/c so many people are jackasses and the world would be a much better place without them

Forum List

Back