If you don’t like paying taxes…..

Nobody likes paying taxes, but the grown-ups among us realize it's the price we pay for living in a modern, civilized society.
No, taxes are the price we pay for a Post Office that continues to hemorrhage money, money pit military hardware like the Osprey and JSF, a bloated wasteful welfare state, endless idiotic foreign wars, and education system that issues diplomas to kids who can't read them, and dope liberoidals who claim that the only reason that these complete failures haven't succeeded is because we haven't yet thrown enough money at them.
Please post how much of our taxes go to the Post Office.

Logically, "income", i.e. wages / salaries, represent corporations "purchasing" labor, from human "suppliers". Ergo, wages / salaries are merely "another economic transaction"; i.e., logically, an "income tax" is merely another "sales tax". (So, a graduated income tax, is a graduated sales tax, i.e. "well-dressed customers pay more, at the same store" [reverse discrimination].)

Ergo, logically, "income" & "sales" should be taxed equally. Logically, a simple & fair tax, would be (say) "10% on all sales (economic transactions)". (Every dollar represents a "unit of wealth" that requires the services, of the Government, e.g. policing, roads, etc.) Such flat-rate taxes could be collected, by-and-for local, state, & federal Governments. If the US GDP is ~$15 trillion per year; then a 10% flat-rate tax would "harvest" ~$1.5 trillion per year.

Current complexified legalistic tax codes do not treat all economic transactions equally, thereby exerting "Government Preferences" (backed by threat of Lawful Force) into markets. A simple & fair tax would be "money blind", and not "twist the economy's arm", allowing consumers themselves to express their own preferences. In analogy, come November, voters for (say) Pres. Obama would have to wear purple suits, climb through the windows into the polling places, and vote only in odd hours, during even minutes. If "money is power"; then why would people tolerate "hooplah with money", that they would not tolerate with political power (voting) ?

simple = transparent (et vice versa)

Last edited:
IF YOU DON’T LIKE PAYING TAXES…..
OR THE AMOUNT YOU ARE ASKED TO PAY….
If you don't like paying taxes . . .

Government do not ask for all your money. Do not steal your money. And most of us receive more benefits from taxes paid then we actually pay into the tax system. Taxes are for our protection and an insurance we pay for the right to live in the greatest country in the world. Most of us don’t even pay any taxes and yet complain the loudest. Most of us don’t even know how much we pay in taxes. You people complain about taking care of those who are not able to take care of them selves but if you are ever incapable of taking care of yourself, this government will take care of you. And some of you are being taken care of by taxes other people pay already and yet you complain.

So shut the h*** up and pay your d*** taxes. You have a f******g job because of taxes other people pay.

Tell me what did I get last year from the federal government that was worth the $48,000 I was forced to pay?

2002-2005 I paid around 300 grand in taxes. Care to tell me how I benefited? Defending my FreeDumb? Supporting IsNtReal ? Slaughtering brown people ?

Nobody likes paying taxes, but the grown-ups among us realize it's the price we pay for living in a modern, civilized society.

And at what point does that price become too expensive to bear?

If we were merely paying to live in a civilized society then we surely would be able to pay less than we do now. The problem is that government has exceeded its charter by leaps and bounds and we are expected to pay for it.

I don't think taxes or government spending, per se, is the issue. It's the perceived unfairness. From the rare illegal immigrant on public assistance to the large multi national company paying no federal taxes and then out sourcing whatever jobs are created by that cash flow.

If I were confident that taxes were being collected fairly and the revenue was being used for education, infrastructure and security, I'd be a conservative.

Fair and simple taxes, a budget that's balanced by law, transparency in all things politics and then build an economy that your kids can drive to the stars.

:smoke:

I feel much the same way. unfortunately a lot of well intentioned laws are loaded with so much BS that is becomes a corporate weapon for monopoly in the end. This is why I wish for smaller government so that governing and responsibility is returned to the community. Both Democrats and Republicans for the most part (there are a few exceptions for both parties) are bought-out before they even take office, therefore politicians don't bite the hand that feeds them. Both parties are funded by corporations, yet both parties feel an obligation to fulfill their promises to their constituency. They solve this dilemma? Both parties do this by creating big bureaucracies intended to protect us, the party that isn't drafting the bill will put a lot of pork and useless crap into it so that they can say they are representing the other side, or giving favors to special interests groups and corporations. Republican voters then see the ineffectualness of it all and continue to vote republican, while democratic voters demand for more help because of the growing inequality. In the end it complicates the tax code and creates loop holes, thus leading to shortages in tax revenue to fund the promised programs and benefits.

We won't see a real change in the tax system until there is full on rebellion though. What they will do is just continue to tweak an already broken system to make it look nice on paper. But face it wouldn't we all like a tax break!

Last edited:
Republican voters then see the ineffectualness of it all and continue to vote republican, while democratic voters demand for more help because of the growing inequality.

you need to think better

1) elections are decided by independents

2) Republicans are for freedom while Democrats are for government.

the government we get depends on how the know nothing whimsical flip floppers vote

Tell me what did I get last year from the federal government that was worth the $48,000 I was forced to pay?

1) you get the satisfaction of contributing to many welfare payments that further discourage many from ever participating in society

2) you get to inch us one step closer to a meaningful victory in Afghanistan

3) you paid for others' health care so they don't have to worry about paying for their own. This is a great communist principle

I'm sure there is much more too!!

So shut the h*** up and pay your d*** taxes. You have a f******g job because of taxes other people pay.

I always enjoy civil, insightful discourse with a liberal. Unfortunately I never get any.

I have a job because I own two businesses. The one who pays the most taxes, and deals with government, is me. Thank me, honey.

economically, "Labor" is a "Commodity", which is "bought" (by businesses) & "sold" (by workers", for "money" (wages). Ergo, tax on income (wages) is, economically, a sales-tax.

a single (Federal) flat-rate sales-tax, on all economics transactions, collected at time-and-place of sale, would (largely) eliminate the IRS; tax-lawyers; time spent on taxes.

who (besides lawyers) would be opposed ? all your taxes would be deducted from paychecks, deducted from business revenues (and deposited into the "US Treasury Account").

Forum List

Back