If You Don't Have A Record To Run ON....

I had great hopes for this president. It was pour firsst black president who could really bring this nation together and promised to work with Congress in a variety of ways. His promises were great. If he had come through on just a third of those promises, the economy being one, his administration would have been a grand success.

As a child, the first novel I read was THE Man, written by Irving Wallace. It was an inspiring, exciting book about the first black president who became one of our best presidents! I thought of that book many times when Obama was first elected and had great hopes. But after the first year, and concluding years, Obama proved to be the opposite of great, he divided the nation, thought nothing of promises, ignored the crisis we had and was not THE MAN I had envisioned him to be.

Did you vote for Obama?

Honestly, no. But quickly changed my mind when I saw the jubilation from around the world when he won. I thought about the promises he made and thought perhaps I was wrong about doubting him. I didn't vote for him because of the Reverand Wright and Bill ayers issue.

edited to add: I thought John McCain was a poor candidate, too.

Last edited:
What about the direction Obama has taken for the country has been right?

Same endless wars across the globe as Bush, even adding to it. Same military spending, ramped up entitlements, same candidate/president wedge of truth. It's the same shit. yet you say "right direction". he did not change our course, he hit the throttle on the last dministrations terrible course.

Bush was the stay the course guy. Obama is the "I'll hit the gas for you." predecessor.

Forum List

Back