If you could...

D

deciophobic

change one thing about america, what would it be, why?

And don't say getting rid of liberals or conservatives.:p:

Put religion back in school. I don't mean teaching only christianity but about all religions and if a student group wantsw to start prayer meetings on campus let em. Seems like secularism isn't working.

Originally posted by deciophobic

I would banish all laws except the Constitution and rotate the elected and appointed officials.

That way there would be no more corruption in office, and only a Constitution to start over with. This would give us focus on how to be correct in our foundations once again, and stop the decline we have created already.

It may only buy us a little time before we are at this same point again, but I am confident it is worth doing.

It creates a focus on the highest document in the land as it was intended to be used, but hasn't been in over 50 years.

Originally posted by deciophobic

Our National Anthem, I'd change it to Freebird.

EDIT: oh that and I'd kill Whitey!

sorry, it's a great question but I needed to have a laugh before dinner.

Amend the Constitution to read that while judicial review is great, judges may not make up their own laws - they may only judge on the constitutionality of existing laws and either affirm them completely or strike them down completely.

Originally posted by gop_jeff
Amend the Constitution to read that while judicial review is great, judges may not make up their own laws - they may only judge on the constitutionality of existing laws and either affirm them completely or strike them down completely.

A judiciary that doesn't write law-what a concept!

Life means life.
No statuate of limitations for rape, assault and battery.
No early parole.

No kids pagents for a child under five! (or older)

Gasoline at .99/gallon.

Free transportation for seniors.

No adopting a pet without education first. Too many end up in shelters months later.

Tipping a wait person is mandatory or else, the or else is at the legal discreation of the person 'stiffed'.

Drunks are responsible for their own stupidty and cannot sue the establishment.

Anyone who files a frivilous lawsuit that is determined as such will be subject to heavy fines just for wasting time.

No car tax.

Originally posted by winston churchi
Life means life.
No early parole.

Gasoline at .99/gallon.

No adopting a pet without education first. Too many end up in shelters months later.

Tipping a wait person is mandatory or else, the or else is at the legal discreation of the person 'stiffed'.

Anyone who files a frivilous lawsuit that is determined as such will be subject to heavy fines just for wasting time.

No car tax.

I know you said one thing but I cannot! I think if I had to choose, I would have to say no statuate of limits for rape....but I still have to change all above.

Originally posted by OCA
Put religion back in school. I don't mean teaching only christianity but about all religions and if a student group wantsw to start prayer meetings on campus let em. Seems like secularism isn't working.

YES!!!!!

Originally posted by OCA

you know? I'm sorta down with that, only keep prayer out of the classrooms but let it stay on campus as a voluntary thing.

Life means life.
No early parole.

Gasoline at .99/gallon.

No car tax.

Hmmm...
I would say that a no statute of limitations on assault/battery could be bad. I could imagine a 77 year old guy getting busted for a 50-year-old bar fight.
.99 cents per gallon - fixed? No price controls for me, thanks.
Free transportation for seniors... it's called the bus.
Mandatory tipping pisses me off as it is. I would seriously quit going out to eat so much. If someone does a good job, they've earned a tip. But tips are for good service - not for showing up.
And as much as I hate to say it, I do support a reasonable car tax - as long as the proceeds are used for road construction/maintenance.
Otherwise, I agree! :)

First a tip was for above-standard service, now it's expected...from the smelly taxi driver that I have to endure to the waitstaff who barely has time to flop the meal on the table to the doormen, trash collectors, repairmen(women), telephone and cable installers, hair dressers, shampooers, nannies, etc.

Now, I read somewhere that you are supposed to give Christmas tips (in addition to the tips you already give for services!) to your hair dresser. You gotta be kidding me!

Sorry...touched a nerve here.

Originally posted by NewGuy
I would banish all laws except the Constitution and rotate the elected and appointed officials.

That way there would be no more corruption in office, and only a Constitution to start over with. This would give us focus on how to be correct in our foundations once again, and stop the decline we have created already.

It may only buy us a little time before we are at this same point again, but I am confident it is worth doing.

It creates a focus on the highest document in the land as it was intended to be used, but hasn't been in over 50 years.

I have to say newguy this sounds pretty good. I can't believe you let gays and protectionism come between us.

I would do away with affirmative action. And reparation lawsuits. And everything else that tries to criminalize/penalize the white middle class.

Forum List

Back