If you could, would you?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jimnyc, Dec 17, 2004.

1. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    If you had an opportunity to go back to a certain age and start over again, would you?

I would like to play football for my high school and I know I would have excelled. I was too shy to approach the girls and now that I know they don't bite or spread the cooties I would like to try again. There are friends of mine that have since passed that I would like to spend more time with. My grades were good enough to get into a top university but I failed to properly pursue my education. I wouldn't mind having a second chance at going to college and staying in a dorm that has a lot of parties.

On the other hand, how would it affect the good memories that you have? Would I still be married? Would I still have a son? Would I be working in a field that I love?

I also have lots of regrettable memories that couldn't hurt to erase. A couple of incidents with the law, bad things I've done to friends, lots of illicit materials entering my body....

You know what? Fuck it, there my memories for good and bad and I'm keeping them!

I'll probably be dead before I hit 50. If I did things over and didn't live like a nut sometimes I would probably live well over 70. I'm sticking with what little I've done in life and dying respectfully, or while I'm partying. :)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Joan

Joan Mommy Dearest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39
    And don't forget that in his PF Flyers there were times he could outrun Johnny Law!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    You should never regret your mistakes - there's always something positive that happens from them, beit knowledge, experience, new friends, or whatever...

4. Joan

Joan Mommy Dearest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Or stitches in the back of one's head when they try to play superman on the neighbor's fence.

5. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    i have thought of this many times. if i had pursued my education like i often wish I had, I wouldn't have joined the Army, went to Korea, met my wife and then fell in love with her and the idea of international business.... hmmmm, i guess that though I have made mistakes, there isn't much I would change. All of it is part of growing.

As for my education, I often tell folks that the degree is the one I earned from "The School of Hard Knocks".

6. Joan

Joan Mommy Dearest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I have always regretted not going on to college, but in high school, I just thought I was much too cool to get that deep into books! Although my marriage didn't work out, it did produce 4 wonderful children. Yes, there were many times (and still are) that I would gladly kick their butts, but they have been my world for so long and have given me 8 beautiful grandchildren, so I don't think I would like to change anything. Even with all the teasing that goes on here, I wouldn't trade my kids for anything - they may not be all geniuses, or college graduates, but they have more heart than many, many people I've known, and have brought me more happiness that I feel sometimes that I deserve. And now that that little speech is out of the way, the ground rules for Christmas are as follows: there will be no ball throwing, no food fights, and no egg tosses.

7. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Dang.. You're a pushover.. Yesterday, they weren't GETTING a Christmas. :D

8. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    My mom woulda stuck to it.. Think yours will adopt me?

9. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    You kidding?

You know the answer to that. Did you SEE my desk? :D

10. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't take out the garbage, tho.