If you could turn back time:

i would have studied in high school(i won a scholarship to the high school i attended but became a screw up and lost it)

i would have entered the officer training program i was offered in the Marine Corps(if i remember correctly you attended college as an enlisted man on the governments dime and upon graduation you go to ocs and then serve a number of years in service as an officer)

and probably less partying(ehhh maybe not that one)

I would have gone away to college as soon as I graduated H.S.
I would have learned to be more outspoken at a much earlier age.
I would have had my wedding recorded.

Would not change a thing...even my mistakes...they got me to where I am today, the person, I am today.

I'm not sure I can find three things. I think everything serves a purpose for each time and season in our lives. If I said I would not have left home at eleven, I may have missed my two beautiful children. For every bit of suffering came a challenge or a learning experience. I can wish for things of the future but cannot turn back the time.

I would change nothing. I am quite happy with what I am. Who I am. Where I've been. What I've done and where I'm going. Whatever changes you could make would still result in the highs and lows that are inevitable in life. They would just be different ones.

Fate has determined my path. I'll follow it to the end and not change a thing.

Don't get me wrong...

would have, could have, should have....I got plenty of those kind of self evaluations...

I just believe we all become the people we are from learning from our mistakes...The Lord knows, I've made plenty of them and still carry some baggage...but all of that, makes me.....me.

True, I get what you're saying.

I wish I would have never met the ex mr. echo. But then, I wouldn't have mini- echo
I wish I would have spent more time with my dad before he died, but I'm lucky I had him in my life until I was 22.
I wish I wouldn't have leased my car instead of buying it, yeah, that one I really regret! :evil:

I would have joined the marines, not the army
I would have never worn OP in high school.
I would have DEFINITELY worn a condom on prom night.

True, I get what you're saying.

I wish I would have never met the ex mr. echo. But then, I wouldn't have mini- echo
I wish I would have spent more time with my dad before he died, but I'm lucky I had him in my life until I was 22.
I wish I wouldn't have leased my car instead of buying it, yeah, that one I really regret! :evil:

You leased your Rav4? :eek::eek:

You have my deepest sympathy. I'm never parting with mine.

I would have ended a few of my long term relationships that didn't work out sooner, and dated more while I was younger.

I wouldn't have given up on college after two years and instead would have gotten my degree.

Would have kept in better touch with several friends and cousins over the years.

Could have done without marrying the ex, but then I wouldn't have 3 happy healthy smart sons to show for it. :D

Should have lied at a job interview back in '78.

Take trumpet lessons as a kid.

I would change nothing. I am quite happy with what I am. Who I am. Where I've been. What I've done and where I'm going. Whatever changes you could make would still result in the highs and lows that are inevitable in life. They would just be different ones.

Fate has determined my path. I'll follow it to the end and not change a thing.

Come on Boot, out with it, "I would have joined the Army instead" - we know :D

What 3 things would you change?

I know that I have made many mistakes, and failed in many relationships. However, I also believe that God has been very much involved in my life, and I have been blessed to have been taught many great lessons by Him as a result of my stupidity. I would change some things, but I believe I would possibly miss a few great life lessons as a result.

I only have one real regret in life... Other than that, crappy as a lot of it used to be, I really wouldn't change a thing.. I wouldn't be who I am; I'd be someone else, and shucks.. I kinda like me. I'm not an bad person, I'm a pretty generous person, and I don't suck too bad unless I really don't like you. :D

Since I opened my gob I should post in line with the OP.

I would have studied more at school instead of simply turning up for various sports teams.
I would have gone to university after leaving school rather than years later while I was working (see previous point)
I wouldn't have been such a prick to some people on occasions.

Forum List

Back