If You Could Live Forever...

Forever?

No, but a few hundred years, as long as I am healthy, might be nice.

Immie

Healthy. THAT's a qualifier I would expect to see often.

Even healthy though.... I don't think I'd want to WORK forever, and I don't think the rest of y'all would be willing to put me on Social Security for the rest of forever.

Although... :eusa_think: if I lived forever, I could actually have a broad enough time-line to actually make a little money in the stock market.

And I had not considered the thought of my children dying. The way I read the OP was that humanity would live forever and that included our children as well. I would not care to live forever and to watch my children die.

Immie

It's a fantasy question, Bro'... you can add or remove any qualifiers that you want.

I think I would because it would be interesting to watch as the world changes. However, this would be on condition that all my family and friends get to live this long as well. If I were to have to watch everyone I know die, then I think I would pass...but if we can all stay together forever, why not--there'd really be no reason to die.

Ahhhhh... But would it be a reason to divorce? I love AVG-WIFE but the 'out clause' in "Till Death Do Us Part" helps maintain sanity. Her sanity or mine, I'll never divulge, but oh how I dig our Crazy Love.

Last edited by a moderator:
:eusa_shifty: I'd better be careful... if this thread becomes laced with much more music, the dream police will move it to the music forum, which seems silly, considering we're admonished to "Talk about anything...none of it matters here."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdOCXf5y51M]YouTube - Dream Police[/ame]

So what makes you think I have not been alive forever?

How would anyone know?

I might be posting on USmessageboard in 38,957.

I think if I wanted to live forever it'd have to be remaining at a certain age...maybe 35.

I think if I wanted to live forever it'd have to be remaining at a certain age...maybe 35.

Preacher once told me that everyone in heaven lives forever at age 33 because that's the age Jesus died.

He had as much proof of that as he did that heaven existed at all. Another fantasy thread with open ended fantasy qualifiers.

Would you want to?

:eusa_think:

If death is so commonplace, why does it give humans the willies?

Because death is the Last Great Unknown, and the unknown is frightening to most people. I've seen a lot of death, far too much to fear it; whatever sorrow is in it, is only for those left behind. At worst, it is a permanent sleep; at best, it is only another beginning.

There are, of course, more than enough things to do in this world for several human lifetimes. Would it be pleasant to have the opportunity to do them? Of course, so long as one is able; but there will inevitably come a time when we are too tired to continue. I suspect an eternal life of that sort would prove to be more a curse, than a blessing. Besides, who is to say there are not greater wonders to experience and explore, beyond this life?

Forum List

Back