If You Could Live Forever...

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
Would you want to?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_Qe6yDz1HI]YouTube - Queen - Who Wants to Live Forever (HIGHLANDER VIDEO)[/ame]

:eusa_think:

If death is so commonplace, why does it give humans the willies?

Forever?

No, but a few hundred years, as long as I am healthy, might be nice.

Immie

And watch all those you love die off? Nah.

Perhaps there is a reason we only live so long. Just think of all the re-runs you'd have to see on TV. Lame commercials too.

I would. But then it would be nice to have the option of changing my mind in a few thousand years! :eusa_pray:

Yes, definitely.
I would want my body stay so forever as it is and never die.

And watch all those you love die off? Nah.

Perhaps there is a reason we only live so long. Just think of all the re-runs you'd have to see on TV. Lame commercials too.

If I lived forever, I wouldn't make children. Seeing your own children die would be the hardest thing.

There are always new females born who mature into appropriate age, and after a while (eternal life) you'll anyway develop an accurate formula in identifying women who satisfy your eternal urges.

Would you want to?
YouTube - Queen - Who Wants to Live Forever (HIGHLANDER VIDEO)

:eusa_think:

If death is so commonplace, why does it give humans the willies?

Put me down for living forever. It pisses me off to be on a rock so big you cannot see it all in your lifetime.

I'm gonna live forever
I'm gonna cross that river
I'm gonna catch tomorrow now
You're gonna wanna hold me
Just like I always told you
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone
Nobody here will ever find me
But I always be around
Just like the songs I leave behind me
I'm gonna live forever now

You fathers and you mothers
Be good to one another
Please try to raise your children right
Don't let the darkness take 'em
Don't make 'em feel forsaken
Just lead them safely to the light
When this old world has blown us under
And all the stars from fall this sky
Remember someone really loves you
We'll live forever you and I

Chorus (4x)
I'm gonna live forever
I'm gonna cross that river
I'm gonna catch tomorrow now

Yes I would. I would revel in watching the world operate. Just imagine what this planet will look like in a million years! I would dearly love to see how the continents have shifted.

"When we've been there 10,000 years..." [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsCp5LG_zNE]YouTube - Celtic Woman - Amazing Grace[/ame]

Even though I truly believe that death is the end, without it to look forward to, I feel I would go insane.

Forever?

Immie

Healthy. THAT's a qualifier I would expect to see often.

Even healthy though.... I don't think I'd want to WORK forever, and I don't think the rest of y'all would be willing to put me on Social Security for the rest of forever.

Although... :eusa_think: if I lived forever, I could actually have a broad enough time-line to actually make a little money in the stock market.

No matter what you do, at some point you'll figure out how it works. Learning by doing and you've all the time you need to become a master in whatever you do.

You could master 20 languages, you could start digging through a mountain and at some point establish a tunnel with your own name. Or you could write history's biggest travelling chronicle or even prepare to become world's most qualified Astronaut. Or become the Michaelangelo of Breast implanting.

I don't think, that it would become boring.

No matter what you do, at some point you'll figure out how it works. Learning by doing and you've all the time you need to become a master in whatever you do.

You could master 20 languages, you could start digging through a mountain and at some point establish a tunnel with your own name. Or you could write history's biggest travelling chronicle or even prepare to become world's most qualified Astronaut. Or become the Michaelangelo of Breast implanting.

I don't think, that it would become boring.

It wouldn't be boring, per se.... but it would be a LOT of work, and I seriously doubt I could get a permit to build a tunnel.

Besides, if I'm going to live forever, why not procrastinate and start all this hard work tomorrow?

Forever?

Immie

Healthy. THAT's a qualifier I would expect to see often.

Even healthy though.... I don't think I'd want to WORK forever, and I don't think the rest of y'all would be willing to put me on Social Security for the rest of forever.

Although... :eusa_think: if I lived forever, I could actually have a broad enough time-line to actually make a little money in the stock market.

And I had not considered the thought of my children dying. The way I read the OP was that humanity would live forever and that included our children as well. I would not care to live forever and to watch my children die.

Immie

If we all lived forever and continued to reproduce . . . we'd be busting out at the earth's seems in no time. Of course, with all those minds around I bet someone would figure out how we could live on Mars or something.

Forever is a long time so probably not. And definitely not if everyone I knew would be dead. But for a couple of hundred years? Sure, why not!

I think I would because it would be interesting to watch as the world changes. However, this would be on condition that all my family and friends get to live this long as well. If I were to have to watch everyone I know die, then I think I would pass...but if we can all stay together forever, why not--there'd really be no reason to die.

Forum List

Back