If You Could Live Anywhere in Virginia Where Would It Be?

Heh.

I just moved to Virginia. Been here less than a month.

It's too fucking humid.
maxresdefault.jpg

Personally, I think the least desirable is the D.C. area. I've heard the far west toe area is pretty depressed economically and not too nice.
I can live in any city/town in VA, and I choose not to because I like living in the city, forgoing vast swaths of acreage for convenience. Were I to move to VA, I'd choose something overlooking the Potomac in McLean or Great Falls, or I'd live on a farm in Middleburg, VA.

Uber expensive! Better have a great job! Or be a wealthy retiree!

Leesburg VA is super nice if you want to be near the city (but expensive)

Roanoke VA is nice if you want to be out more toward the country (but still, is a city)

Heh.

I just moved to Virginia. Been here less than a month.

It's too fucking humid.
Where I currently live is the pinnacle of weather in the world. So no matter which direction I go it will be worse.
But the Krazy KKKalifornia government is forcing us out. There is zero quality of life left now. I'd rather spend my money on Cruise ships and 5 star hotels than buying illegals free room and board.

Zeroing in on the Shenandoah Valley region. Homes twice the size of my San Diego home at half the price. View attachment 147938

Yes it's beautiful!

But if inhabited by Demrats Globalist scum......

what good does it do?:dunno:
Remember - I'm in KKKalifornia. Super majority controlled by the left and will never see anything else as it sinks. At least VA is split on parties.

Maybe Floyd
Drove around the area, found some really nice homes.
Don't buy. Build. Get a parcel that perks and go get a recommended GC. Vaginnianz cut too many corners, then flip.NO BASEMENT ! Build a ranch.
Actually that's my thinking right now is to build a custom home. We've got a long list of things we want, and it's difficult finding a home that checks most of the boxes. We currently live in a 1 story ranch. Loved a house in VA that checked all the boxes but one. FOUR FRIGGEN STORIES. Even when I was 20 I wouldn't want such abuse to my knees.

Look up Gary Nichols or his son Gary Lane Nichols. I haven't seen them in 35 years but they're still at it and can do you a proper house. Good Christian dudes that aren't afraid to flip someone off or take down a few Budweiser's....if you know what I mean.They're Smith Mountain guys.
Another dude over in Botetourt that's good is Lee Sumpter. He was a county inspector and one of our best friends back in the day. H'es another. No bullshit. Do it right or walk away. No shortcuts.

Forum List

Back