If you could have ONE piece of equipment/vehicle...

Fmr jarhead said:
apocalyptic world
'nuf said!

(I have permission when I have enough "extra cash" on hand to get one!

I would like a Mustang Convertible at the Atlantic Ocean, thank you! Actually, I would deal with a full size vehicle at the same site. Thank You!
Preferably before Armageddon.

I have one.

Gimme one of these:

death.star1.jpg

If you can't find the materials, just use this thing.

_40580137_mimas_nasa_203.jpg

Oh, and the stupid exhaust port better be better shielded or I'll have someone's head.

The problem with the Abrams is utility...it's huge...and you can't sleep very well inside; unless you are the driver.

:)

LAV-25
Faster than either a bradly or M113
Able to float and ford with about a half seconds prep
Able to fire over the water while moving
Easier to maintain

Second choice is the death star with modified exhaust ports........

You guys are crazy.

The Imperium 'Ultra' Class Star Destroyer has a superlaser, is over twice as long as the diameter of the first Death Star, and is much more mobile.

I mean....come on! How are you going to pick the Death Star over that?

Zhukov said:
You guys are crazy.

The Imperium 'Ultra' Class Star Destroyer has a superlaser, is over twice as long as the diameter of the first Death Star, and is much more mobile.

I mean....come on! How are you going to pick the Death Star over that?

Because the Death Star a) is in the movies b) cooler looking c) is the ultimate power in the universe and d) seems to always come with a Sith Lord, and the ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force.

Hobbit said:
Because the Death Star a) is in the movies b) cooler looking c) is the ultimate power in the universe and d) seems to always come with a Sith Lord, and the ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force.

D! D! D!

Hobbit said:

a.) so was Jar Jar Binks
b.) subjective
c.) at the time
d.) the Imperium is the Emperor's (the Sith Lord) flagship for the extra-galactic expansion of the Empire

Hobbit said:
hey i want my own sith lord!

LAV 25 but I am biased towards them. Also as a weopon, you know for hunting purposes, the M-19 automatic grenade launcher.

Zhukov said:
a.) so was Jar Jar Binks
b.) subjective
c.) at the time
d.) the Imperium is the Emperor's (the Sith Lord) flagship for the extra-galactic expansion of the Empire

a) The ORIGINAL movies (aka, the good ones)
b) Nah, It's a metal planet witha big laser. It's cooler looking.
c) I'm quoting
d) Yeah, but how often do you get Vader (much cooler than the Emporer) or Tarkin there.

Anyway, I'm not a big fan of the books. Some of them just ruined some of the stuff about the movies. I mainly don't like them because of Boba Fett fanboys. In the movies, he died on Tatooine, but some fanboy author decided his armor is too 1337 for that, so he actually escaped and can now only be killed if his helmet is taken off first. The books killed off Chewbacca by (wtf) crashing a moon onto him. The books have the Yuuzhan Vong, or however it's spelled, and I think that's just messed up.

As far as I can see, the book authors all wanted something bigger and better. The Death Star and Executor just weren't big enough, so we have the Sun Crusher and that star destroyer you're talking about. The Republic needs a bigger enemy than the Empire was, so we have the Yuuzhan Vong. It's like nothing Lucas made was good enough for these guys. Anyway, that's my rant. Buh-bye.

Hobbit said:
Vader (much cooler than the Emporer)
Ok, now you've crossed the line.

Hobbit said:
Anyway, I'm not a big fan of the books.
Oh, I've never read any of them, don't even know about any of the stuff you mentioned. I was looking for information on something, and came across that picture of the Imperium and thought it was pretty damn cool.

Personally, between the Death Star and even the Executor, I'd take Vader's command ship.

And what's the Sun Crusher? That sounds neat.....

Actually, if I had to pick a real vehicle I'd take the submarine U.S.S. Ohio.

Packing 24 Trident-II inter-continental ballastic missiles, each one carrying up to eight 475 kiloton warheads, the U.S.S. Ohio is capable of hitting as many as 192 targets with a total force equivalent to 91.2 megatons of TNT.

ohio2.jpg

Zhukov said:

Packing 24 Trident-II inter-continental ballastic missiles, each one carrying up to eight 475 kiloton warheads, the U.S.S. Ohio is capable of hitting as many as 192 targets with a total force equivalent to 91.2 megatons of TNT.

ohio2.jpg

I've been on this boat...

Zhukov said:

ohio2.jpg

Think you could run that all by yourself though? :)

Zhukov said:
Ok, now you've crossed the line.

Oh, I've never read any of them, don't even know about any of the stuff you mentioned. I was looking for information on something, and came across that picture of the Imperium and thought it was pretty damn cool.

Personally, between the Death Star and even the Executor, I'd take Vader's command ship.

And what's the Sun Crusher? That sounds neat.....

The Sun Crusher was another thing some author made because the Death Star just wasn't big enough. It was a ship with a superlaser that could destroy a star and it's associated system. Not only that, but to add to the ludicrousness of it, it was completely invulnerable. It got "destroyed" by being tossed into a star.

Forum List

Back