If you could choose your parties next candidate

busara

wanasiasa wapumbava
May 7, 2008
PA
who would it be? This year's nominees are basically locked up, and I'm wondering who people would like to see running in the next election and why they feel that way.

The prominent Republican with the intellect, experience, and sensible vision would be Newt Gingrich. I am hoping for somebody of Newt's caliber without Newt's baggage to emerge and restore a center and purpose to the GOP.

For the Democrats, I would like to see somebody of Evan Bayh's caliber; i.e. somebody grounded in solid principles rather than ideology; emerge.

Just once I would like to choose between two excellent candidates instead of having to settle for the lesser of two evils.

who would it be? This year's nominees are basically locked up, and I'm wondering who people would like to see running in the next election and why they feel that way.

We've got survive the next 4 years first. Right now, there's no one out there or they'd be running. One thing this election is proving, it won't be a moderate. They've gone the way of the dodo. It'll be another extremist Democrat and liberal Republican.

We've got survive the next 4 years first. Right now, there's no one out there or they'd be running. One thing this election is proving, it won't be a moderate. They've gone the way of the dodo. It'll be another extremist Democrat and liberal Republican.

I wasn't asking who you thought would be running, just who you would like to be running. Who you feel would do the best job running the country.

I agree with the Bayh recommendation.

Liberal republican? On what planet? Not when they make huggy, huggy, kissy, kissy with the theocrats, they aren't "liberal".

I guess my ideal candidate will probably be Obama for a second term. I don't really care who the Republican is so long as he is a moderate (although I guess an extremist would probably lose the election by an even larger margin).

Right now, I want a democratic president for two terms. I'd have like Biden, Edwards or Clinton.... but I'll vote for Obama and hope he does a kick ass job and gets term 2.

I guess my ideal candidate will probably be Obama for a second term. I don't really care who the Republican is so long as he is a moderate (although I guess an extremist would probably lose the election by an even larger margin).

You are assuming there will still be a Republican party after November. :cool:

You are assuming there will still be a Republican party after November. :cool:

It will eke its way back. My guess (and hope) is it will take the same approach as the Tories. It will become kinder and gentler (to avoid losing the entire next generation) and pick a couple of pet liberal issues where it takes a strong liberal stance - like global warming.

It will eke its way back. My guess (and hope) is it will take the same approach as the Tories. It will become kinder and gentler (to avoid losing the entire next generation) and pick a couple of pet liberal issues where it takes a strong liberal stance - like global warming.
I really don't want the GOP to die. We need someone to look down on, anyway.

I'd like to see the Republican Party die, a victim of illegal-alien/Hispandering, neocon wars for Israel and general abandonment of core conservative principles.

I'd like to see the Democrat Party die, a victim of its own relentless succor to any racial group BUT whites.

The whites who leave both parties form a new party, the American Party. The American Party becomes the most powerful force our nation has ever seen. It comes to peaceable racial separation agreements with blacks and Hispanics, giving them generous portions of land for self-governance. Jews are busted back to class-B bankers and lead unceremoniously out of the Pentagon.

Liberal republican? On what planet? Not when they make huggy, huggy, kissy, kissy with the theocrats, they aren't "liberal".

My statement stands as it is ... the best description of what is out there.

Your usual fearmongering spin is rejected as any kind of a legitimate response.

Right now, I want a democratic president for two terms. I'd have like Biden, Edwards or Clinton.... but I'll vote for Obama and hope he does a kick ass job and gets term 2.

Yep. Doesn't matter who or what, just so long as it has a "D" behind it. About time you just came out and admitted it.

My statement stands as it is ... the best description of what is out there.

Your usual fearmongering spin is rejected as any kind of a legitimate response.

Thanks. I was halfway honest too. I’m not a huge fan of his but he is frank, clever, and cuts through the bull. I particularly liked it when he was able to show the prudish hypocrisy of politicians (particularly of the right). Also, I think that he leans somewhat to the libertarian side.

Yep. Doesn't matter who or what, just so long as it has a "D" behind it. About time you just came out and admitted it.

I did vote for an R"... for governor and mayor... and I might for president, too, if they stop sucking up to the rabid religious right.

I figure if they wanted my vote, they'd stop trying to make this country a theocracy.

Now tell me again how that's fearmongering and I'll go watch McCain make kissy kissy with Hagee the nutter again. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back