If you cant speak english...

syrenn

Rookie
May 10, 2010
Should you be allowed to vote?

Here is a fine example of voter fraud in regards to non English speakers. Look closely at the workers. They are actually filling out other people ballots and pointing to where they should and should mark.

In my opinion, if you cannot speak English well enough to read the ballot and understand what you are voting for.... you should not be allowed to vote.

Be sure to WATCH BOTH videos.

Witnesses: Ed Lee supporters mark others’ ballots | City Insider | an SFGate.com blog

Last edited:
In several cities ballots are printed multi lingual. When I lived in SF ballots were printed in Chinese, Japanese Spanish and English, as were the voter's pamphlets.

I think this is less a matter of taking advantage of immigrants, and more a matter of taking advantage of the stupid. A whole different issue, but one that does crop up from time to time.

I thought you had to speak English in order to become a citizen and that you had to be a citizen to vote

Here is a fine example of voter fraud in regards to non English speakers. Look closely at the workers. They are actually filling out other people ballots and pointing to where they should and should mark.

In my opinion, if you cannot speak English well enough to read the ballot and understand what you are voting for.... you should not be allowed to vote.

Witnesses: Ed Lee supporters mark others’ ballots | City Insider | an SFGate.com blog

requiring a basic understanding of the written and spoken English language would disenfranchise millions of Democratic voters and is racist. After all, we all know Democrats don't speak or understand English.

Ballots are usually available in many languages.

I thought you had to speak English in order to become a citizen and that you had to be a citizen to vote

The citizenship test is kind of a joke, and in any case you don't have to speak English in order to BE a US citizen, so...

Why do conservatives want to disenfranchise so many people?

Why are you such a dickhead that you don't understand actually filling out ballots for someone else (unless assisting the disabled or visually impaired in an official polling place) is illegal, and morally wrong?

what ever happened to taking that test to become an American? aren't they supposed to know our history? and if they can't speak a word/short sentence in English, how did they become legal? that would be like me going to france, wanting citizenship and them laughing at me cause I can't speak french.

Be sure to WATCH the video.

Is their anything in the Constitution that makes English America's official language or that all ballots must be printed in English?

In fact, is there any federal law or Constitutional ammendment that imposes a minimum reading level on voters irrespective of the language they speak?

In the 21stC where readership in the printed word (newspapers, magazines) is in decline, the airwaves has made it ipossible to have an informed political opinion - without being able to read.

By 2050, white Americans will be in the minority, so we should expect an increasing number of similar attempts to "hijack" the electoral system before that occurs!

Last edited:

"If you are age 50 or older and have been a permanent resident of the US for 20 years you can take the test in your native language.

If you are age 55 or older and have been a permanent resident of the US for 15 years you can take the test in your native language.

If you are age 65 or older and have been a permanent resident of the US for 20 years you can take a simplified civics test in your language.
"

Study for the Citizenship Test

should you be allowed to vote?

Here is a fine example of voter fraud in regards to non english speakers. Look closely at the workers. They are actually filling out other people ballots and pointing to where they should and should mark.

In my opinion, if you cannot speak english well enough to read the ballot and understand what you are voting for.... You should not be allowed to vote.

Be sure to watch the video.

witnesses: Ed lee supporters mark others’ ballots | city insider | an sfgate.com blog
is their anything in the constitution that makes english america's official language or than all ballots be printed in english?]

no.

Why do conservatives want to disenfranchise so many people?

Why are you such a dickhead that you don't understand actually filling out ballots for someone else (unless assisting the disabled or visually impaired in an official polling place) is illegal, and morally wrong?

Hmm, angry, hostile, ignorant. Yep, you're a conservative.

You might think about reading the article that goes with the link.

You might think about reading my actual statement.

Or is thinking something you don't like to bother with?

:eusa_angel:

did ACORN actually register park benches and statues ?

In the video you're running in your head, did some statues go to the polls and vote?

Be sure to WATCH BOTH videos.

How about if your eyesight is poor? I took my elderly neighbor to vote a few years back. Here you are allowed to have someone assist you if you have trouble with the ballot. I read all the choices to her and then pointed to the one she told me she wanted to vote for.

Should we strip voting rights of people that have poor eyesight, too?

Forum List

Back