If You Can Help

Ridgerunner, don't give up. I was gone from the state of my birth for 45 years. My parents moved to Elsinore, California due to a job transfer after I graduated from High School, so I went with them. After a year in college, I married and moved to Wyoming. My ex then moved back to California to be with his mother, leaving me with 2 kids to raise. I remarried, but in 2009, we decided it was too cold, so we retired back in my home state and the state he graduated from High school, beautiful Texas. He passed away 3 years ago, so now I'm just living life out in the country and loving my familly ties in the state, church, and friends. It's even prettier than I remember, because we lived in N.E. Houston our last 4 years in Texas. I'm 70 miles north of where I graduated. It's really pretty here. Wow, those golden fields are pretty, and that looks like Hill Country. Is that close to your native home? Out of this world cool. Thanks for sharing. Of course, it's hard to give up old friends when you leave Texas and spend the majority of your adult life elsewhere.
Best wishes!

Thanks for the Best wishes... I was born in Illinois but claim Indiana... That's where my roots are... I have always been pretty flexible and where ever I hung my hat was home... No I have never lived in Texas but I have visited and traveled through several different times… One of my only haveto's is I have to have trees around me... I know East Texas is bountiful with lakes and timber...
Oh! Pardon my misunderstaqnding. I love it here. I have a 2.5 acre small lake out back, a permanent Great Egret resident family, a one-of-a-kind pink colored, large blue heron, and ducks that hide out in the tall grasses on the shallow end of the lake. There are also several tall pines, a huge spreading live oak, and so many different species of trees, I don't know all of their names. Oh, that reminds me! I have a pecan tree I planted 10 years ago when we moved here, and it needs watering because it's so terribly hot lately. This year I may get lucky and beat the birds to the pecans. lol The squirrels beat me to my large crop of figs last year, which started out as a little shoot from my sister's fig tree, which she got off Grandma Shurtleff's fig tree that was planted in or around 1927, and I'm guessing she got her start from her mother's farm near Nacogdoches, TX. You just never know. I'm 5th generation Texas on my mother's side, but probably 1000th generation from my father's grandpa's side. My mother's mom was 22nd child in a family of 24 kids, same mom and dad. lol We're related to everybody! (Just don't know their names and where all of them are now after 45 years absence.) Pardon my Rip Van Winkel moment.

My husband of 44 years was born in Illinois, but his grandfather and grandmother's roots were also in Indiana. Great people! :)

This is not a political thread. It does seem to have gone off topic though. If you want to post in it, please stay on topic. Otherwise start another thread in the appropriate forum.
I'm sorry Kat. I had a problem with transferring a picture, and did not know how to fix the problem. Depotoo was kind enough to do something to my picture to make it work, but I still do not understand what I'm supposed to do, since what I was doing before is no longer working. Could you please tell me, because I'd like to post flowers here for a few weeks. Seeing them everywhere on the roadside is an inspiration. I was hoping you would be here this morning, and it's now evening. But I'm confused, because I don't see a single thing said that was political in nature, just too much chit chat, probably, and of that, mea culpa. ;)

My procedure has always been to save pictures in "my pictures" on my computer. Then I edited them to be a smaller size to post them here. I'd edit, save, select all, and copy. Then I'd come here and put my signature picture as needed. That didn't work for about 2 hours, in which I tried everything I could think of. Something changed, and I don't have the computer knowledge to figure out what it was. :dunno:

So if you could guide me to an instruction page on how to transfer pictures from my computer to here, or if you can see I missed something I'd appreciate your expertise.

It was not you that tried to make the thread political.

I would have to look to see if that info is here, I have never seen it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back