If you can have it all...

Wealth is not a finite pile of cash from which we all draw. Wealth can be created or destroyed. Differences in wealth mean little, especially when America's poor are considered rich in other nations. Great differences in wealth are the result of a free society. The alternative is everyone being equally poor, except of course for the central planners!

I'll take freedom every time because I can set aside childish feelings of jealousy towards those with more wealth.

Wealth is not a finite pile of cash from which we all draw. Wealth can be created or destroyed. Differences in wealth mean little, especially when America's poor are considered rich in other nations. Great differences in wealth are the result of a free society. The alternative is everyone being equally poor, except of course for the central planners!

I'll take freedom every time because I can set aside childish feelings of jealousy towards those with more wealth.

No, dude... the concentration of wealth into the hands of fewer and fewer individuals in The USA is the result of paid for favoritism via a complicated pile of democrat inspired and republican perfected bullshit commonly referred to as US Tax Law.

With a fair and simple tax code and a law requiring public budgets be balanced, the distribution of wealth graph would resemble a smooth bell curve, with most of the wealth in the hands of most of the people and plenty of capital in the hands of the majority of the most industrious.

Only in Utopia, Joe. There are people driven to excel, people satisfied to live as well as their parents and people who want to sit on their ass and let the producers pay their way.
If you took all the wealth from the richest 100 people in the US and distributed it to the welfare class, in ten years, 90% of the formerly wealth would be wealthy again and 90% of the former welfare class would be back on the dole.

No, dude... the concentration of wealth into the hands of fewer and fewer individuals in The USA is the result of paid for favoritism via a complicated pile of democrat inspired and republican perfected bullshit commonly referred to as US Tax Law.

With a fair and simple tax code and a law requiring public budgets be balanced, the distribution of wealth graph would resemble a smooth bell curve, with most of the wealth in the hands of most of the people and plenty of capital in the hands of the majority of the most industrious.

Which is why the Fair Tax Act would be the absolute best thing for the US. Not only would it be fair and would not tax anyone on the basic subsistance amounts, it would tax the incomes that are currently hidden from the IRS.

Only in Utopia, Joe. There are people driven to excel, people satisfied to live as well as their parents and people who want to sit on their ass and let the producers pay their way.
If you took all the wealth from the richest 100 people in the US and distributed it to the welfare class, in ten years, 90% of the formerly wealth would be wealthy again and 90% of the former welfare class would be back on the dole.

Do you believe that the US Tax Code collects revenue fairly?

Remembering that, carried forward, the concentration of wealth into the hands of fewer and fewer individuals results in a King, is the concentration of wealth into the hands of fewer and fewer individuals something to be avoided, or pursued? As a society, I mean.

Just because perfection is hard, doesn't mean it ain't worth pursuing.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-ZMO8jhbwg]Theres No Crying In Baseball - YouTube[/ame]

Which is why the Fair Tax Act would be the absolute best thing for the US. Not only would it be fair and would not tax anyone on the basic subsistance amounts, it would tax the incomes that are currently hidden from the IRS.

Anything that takes us in the direction of a fair and SIMPLE tax code, I favor.

I absolutely agree that tax law is unfair and illogical. I favor no income tax or if we must have one, a flat tax with no deductions for anyone.

I also agree budgets should always balance.

Would any of that result in less income disparity? Don't know, don't care.

I support a very simplecode all people pay the same % tax on ALL personal income.
No deductions at all either.

What I support is NOT the fair tax act.

A "fair and simple tax code" would favor the wealthy, since they already pay the greatest proportion of taxes out of all proportion to, say one half the American people who pay no federal taxes at all, notwithstandingtheir payment to payroll taxes (AKA FICA) which is a personal contribution for the partial cost of their own Medicare and Social Security accounts.

Some gripe about paying money to live in the US, God help us if we need their blood.

I absolutely agree that tax law is unfair and illogical. I favor no income tax or if we must have one, a flat tax with no deductions for anyone.

Unless you live and work outside the US or you have plenty of assets outside of our economy, why the fuck would you not care?

Income disparity is something that will be with us as long as we have people involved. The point is to make as fair a market place to risk our efforts as possible.

Is fairness in the market not almost as important as freedom? :dunno:

Unless you live and work outside the US or you have plenty of assets outside of our economy, why the fuck would you not care?

Income disparity is something that will be with us as long as we have people involved. The point is to make as fair a market place to risk our efforts as possible.

Is fairness in the market not almost as important as freedom? :dunno:

Free markets and individual freedom go hand in hand. We agree here 100%. What I don't care about is to make incomes more 'even'. If that occurs as a result of free markets, wonderful, but I really don't care that there are a few extremely wealthy people, which always changes year after year, as well as some relatively poor people, which can also change. Income disparity is nothing to be worried about as long as it remains flexible. Stated differently, government forces that hamper some from increasing their wealth while helping others is something to be very worried about.

Forum List

Back