• Hinduism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sikhism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no i will not convert

Votes: 9 100.0%

• Total voters
$atheist-heaven.jpg

If my fiance wants to convert me, then he doesn't know or respect me well enough to get married to me. Thus, no. It would be a dealbreaker.

good, i've reserved the church.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X2k2F78LgdI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X2k2F78LgdI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

don't foget you promised to buy the flowers too.

i've got a huge bouquet of johnny-jump-ups....

the limo's on you, right?

i love johnny jump ups...or violas

depends on how the religions are....i am in a mixed marriage....but neither of our relgions believe or depend on conversions...in other words ..no one is trying to convert anyone...so it works...

i could not be married to anyone who held a belief and felt the need to "save" me..

I am an athiest and I was married in church.I don't think it harms anyone.I was christened in a church so there was no need for conversion, I just lied to the vicar.

Last edited:
If you atheist and your fiancée

ask you to convert to there religion would you do this? :eusa_angel:

NO. And as a secular humanist I wouldn't date anyone who is strongly attached to ANY particular faith, no matter what that faith would be. I'd get THAT question settled in the first month or two of dating, whether the man I'm dating is religious or not.

If my NOT being religious and having no intention of becoming so is a problem for him, I'd end the relationship immediately, at least from a romantic point of view. For me, there's no point in continuing a romantic relationship when each partner is on totally different sides of an issue, and one partner insists the other "cave."

If religion is that big of an issue, that a conversion needs to be made, you've got no business getting to the "fiancee" or "fiance" part until it's done.

i want t o know how people feel abaout reliigion. i dont think religion this is so big that people will not get married.

Well, religion IS a big deal, for me anyway. And I would never marry anyone who insisted I convert to make HIM happy. This is why I would make it a point to find out in the first month or two of dating whether he IS religious or not. If so, I would seriously consider ending the relationship, as the last thing I want to do is spend time arguing about it. Such a relationship would really NOT work for me.

Forum List

Back