If you are a Christian, you should pray for your President....

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
do you agree?

No matter who is in office, you should pray for your President and God's will for your Country.

You may disagree etc. with others, but instead of trashing them, perhaps you should pray for them....
I've heard Pastors in the pulpit call out former President's (referring to one as "Slick Willy") and to me, very un-Christian like to be name calling, especially behind a pulpit........

Should is a word used when reality does not fit into the persons schema of life.

While our christian God does not approve of the current course of our country.

While prayer will sooth your mental angst it will do little to change or alter barracks stance.

You fail to point out zealots such as The Rev Wright ..........

You remember the pastor and his lovely God damned America??

do you agree?

No matter who is in office, you should pray for your President and God's will for your Country.

You may disagree etc. with others, but instead of trashing them, perhaps you should pray for them....
I've heard Pastors in the pulpit call out former President's (referring to one as "Slick Willy") and to me, very un-Christian like to be name calling, especially behind a pulpit........
You know what it says about that in the Bible...

Should is a word used when reality does not fit into the persons schema of life.

While prayer will sooth your mental angst it will do little to change or alter barracks stance.

Did your version of the Christian God tell you of the disapproval personally?

I am not in the habit of allowing others to determine for me how I "should" pray, who I should pray to, or what I should pray about...​

Fallacy of false derivative analogy.

Bonzi, one does not improve the world by wishing their enemies well. One improves the world by destroying their enemies by whatever means are necessary.

I am not in the habit of allowing others to determine for me how I "should" pray, who I should pray to, or what I should pray about...​
Or when to do the hoochie-coochie dance..
tumblr_lgz76rZCOK1qzbwexo1_500.gif

Bonzi, one does not improve the world by wishing their enemies well. One improves the world by destroying their enemies by whatever means are necessary.

There is "well wishing" and there are prayers of intercession. Praying that a Leader will have God's will revealed to that Leader for the benefit of that person and (perhaps) the Country (if that be God's will).

If you are a non-Christian, of course, vengeance is yours.
But God says it is His.

There is "well wishing" and there are prayers of intercession. Praying that a Leader will have God's will revealed to that Leader for the benefit of that person and (perhaps) the Country (if that be God's will).

If you are a non-Christian, of course, vengeance is yours.
But God says it is His.

The only powers I've ever found that are meaningfully useful in changing the minds of others are FEAR and PAIN. Then again I have so little respect or faith in any political leaders that even if they had an Epiphany I'd still be reluctant to believe them in any matter.

I've seen the Christian God's "Intercessions" (or lack thereof) and really don't expect much from Him when it comes to matters of any importance.

Forum List

Back