If you are 26+, are you financially better off today than you were eight years ago?

If you are 26+, are you financially better off now than you were eight years ago?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you are not at least 26 right now, whether you are or not is irrelevant in this thread because you were a minor eight years ago.
How many Republicans signed NAFTA? How many Republican governors have we had the last 8 years? Who controls your state government? In Michigan weve had a Republican governor and both state houses are run by Republicans.

Republicans admit you can get more done on a state level? So what have they done for us? Nothing. That's why trumps your nominee

If you are not at least 26 right now, whether you are or not is irrelevant in this thread because you were a minor eight years ago.
How many Republicans signed NAFTA? How many Republican governors have we had the last 8 years? Who controls your state government? In Michigan weve had a Republican governor and both state houses are run by Republicans.

Republicans admit you can get more done on a state level? So what have they done for us? Nothing. That's why trumps your nominee

What? What do your remarks/questions above have to do with the passage I wrote and that you quoted as being their inspiration?

NO I AM NOT BETTER OFF.

BTW, people usually work for 8 years and accumulate some wealth and end up "better off" as a result.

The real significance here is that you HAVE TO ASK THAT QUESTION.

This is dumb.
26+ ??
If someone was any age below ta least 32-35 - and they are worse off now?? Then they must be an absolute loser.
Anyone that age was still in college r just beginning career - so OBVIOUSLY they would be better off now.

8 years ago me and my colleagues were looking at each other to see who was getting laid off, many were. Now, there are new positions up and down the company and at least not the feeling that at any moment we could lose it all.

I've managed to pay off most of my mortgage, my 401k and other investments have had solid growth and I no longer fear retirement.

I am much worse off because of the bigotry and corruption of Obama, Holder, and Lynch. If Trump wins, I will volunteer for firing squad duty, because all three will easily be convicted of multiple counts of treason.

8 years ago me and my colleagues were looking at each other to see who was getting laid off, many were. Now, there are new positions up and down the company and at least not the feeling that at any moment we could lose it all.

In 2008, we were losing 700,000 jobs a month. Those who were not laid off were in a panic that they might be laid off
The stock market dropped from 14,000 to below 7,000. Those with 401ks saw their retirement fund drop almost in half

NO I AM NOT BETTER OFF.

BTW, people usually work for 8 years and accumulate some wealth and end up "better off" as a result.

The real significance here is that you HAVE TO ASK THAT QUESTION.

Perhaps you haven't noticed, but I don't "have to" ask anything. The specific question I asked is one I've asked myself and my answer is, "Yes, materially so, in fact, and I didn't do anything out of the ordinary to make that happen." All I did was the same thing I did in the preceding ~20 years: continually acquire and develop skills, knowledge and abilities as the market indicated I should, and then apply them to generate income for myself and my family.

In 2008, we were losing 700,000 jobs a month. Those who were not laid off were in a panic that they might be laid off
The stock market dropped from 14,000 to below 7,000. Those with 401ks saw their retirement fund drop almost in half

My 401k was a mess, I wouldn't have been able to live off it for a year back then, it's completely turned around and I've also been able invest more heavily into it thanks to inflation not getting out of control.

I am much worse off because of the bigotry and corruption of Obama, Holder, and Lynch. If Trump wins, I will volunteer for firing squad duty, because all three will easily be convicted of multiple counts of treason.

Mentally you sound like you're in a bad place. Seek help.

Mentally you sound like you're in a bad place. Seek help.

Help is on the way assuming the American people don't elect another traitor as Prez.

The truth is a very scary thing to W and O. Just my file would put both on trial...

How can one fail these days?

A comparable event would be for you to walk up to Pat Tillman's mom and tell her that Tillman died because he sucked at being a Ranger...

If you get shot in the head for doing that, and I'm on the jury...

Forum List

Back