If you adopted a child, would you be mad if they later looked for their birth parents?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
I saw an episode of a show where a team finds the parents of people who were put up for adoption....the one woman gave up her daughter after she was raped by her uncle....now, later in life, she now met with and will likely have a relationship with her daughter...

If you adopted a child, would you be mad if later in life they went looking for their birth mother or father?

And that story above shows the truth that abortion for anything other than the life of the mother is foolish...

I saw an episode of a show where a team finds the parents of people who were put up for adoption....the one woman gave up her daughter after she was raped by her uncle....now, later in life, she now met with and will likely have a relationship with her daughter...

If you adopted a child, would you be mad if later in life they went looking for their birth mother or father?

And that story above shows the truth that abortion for anything other than the life of the mother is foolish...
No, not mad, but a little insecure, which I would try hard to hide.

No, not mad, but a little insecure, which I would try hard to hide.

Yeah.... I can understand that. I think you just can't help wondering in that situation and that as a parent you should be understanding of your child's curiosity....of course I am not in that situation, but that is how I hope I would handle it.

I’m adopted. My birth family reached out to me. I went to see them a few times and now have a relationship with them, albeit a distant one. My parents - the ones who raised me - were cool with it.

I’ve always known I was adopted and I never had any desire to know my birth parents. But once they reached out to me, curiousity drove me to see what my life could have been. I’m so glad I was adopted out. My parents are awesome. I’ve realized that I won a lottery in life.

It depends on why they adopted in the first place - was it to help the child or to satisfy a need in their own life? In my opinion, irrespective of which reason for the adoption, they should have prepared themselves if not the child as well for this outcome. Curiosity about one's biological parents is not a negative reflection on the life provided by the adoptive parents, and while I understand the anxiety that may occur because the child is seeking an additional relationship, that is natural as well.

On the other hand, if they hid the fact that she was adopted and had to perpetuate a series of outright lies or falsehoods in order to keep things secret, that is a different matter altogether, but one of the things of note is the possessioness towards other human beings which to me is not good. In fact it's the reason that so many people become destructive and violent towards those whom they claim to love when things don't work out. Having a adopted child seeking out their birth parents is not exactly a situation of things not working out but presumably the fear is being replaced in the child's affection.

I have no idea what your last sentence about abortion implies.

It depends on why they adopted in the first place - was it to help the child or to satisfy a need in their own life? In my opinion, irrespective of which reason for the adoption, they should have prepared themselves if not the child as well for this outcome. Curiosity about one's biological parents is not a negative reflection on the life provided by the adoptive parents, and while I understand the anxiety that may occur because the child is seeking an additional relationship, that is natural as well.

On the other hand, if they hid the fact that she was adopted and had to perpetuate a series of outright lies or falsehoods in order to keep things secret, that is a different matter altogether, but one of the things of note is the possessioness towards other human beings which to me is not good. In fact it's the reason that so many people become destructive and violent towards those whom they claim to love when things don't work out. Having a adopted child seeking out their birth parents is not exactly a situation of things not working out but presumably the fear is being replaced in the child's affection.

I have no idea what your last sentence about abortion implies.

If you adopted a child, would you be mad if they later looked for their birth parents?

Nope
But I'd Be Infuriated As Hell If Their Birth Parents
Were Allowed Visitation At Holidays And Birthdays
Or Call Them On The Phone
While I'm Raising Them On My Labor And Effort

I'd Want Some Damned Child Support

If I Found Out I Was Adopted
I Know It Wasn't From Millionaires Or Royalty
So I Wouldn't Bother

Last edited:
Absolutely not, in fact with one of ours we encourage her to have some sort of relationship with her birth mother

I’m adopted. My birth family reached out to me. I went to see them a few times and now have a relationship with them, albeit a distant one. My parents - the ones who raised me - were cool with it.

I’ve always known I was adopted and I never had any desire to know my birth parents. But once they reached out to me, curiousity drove me to see what my life could have been. I’m so glad I was adopted out. My parents are awesome. I’ve realized that I won a lottery in life.

^^^^^^ That's what it's all about

1515518705_girl-thumbs-up.gif

There was a woman on one of these message boards looking for her birth mother. She found the woman who went on a tirade. If she had known this would happen she would have had an abortion. After driving her daughter to humiliated tears she walked off demanding never to be contacted again.

Take care that who you contact wants to be contacted.

I shouldn't; obviously something only his parents could give, was necessary.

Would I be mad? No. It might even be a helpful thing to know what kind of family it is that your adoptive children come from. The kids may have a medical issue later on in life and the only thing that can help them is someone from their biological family.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

The genome of the biological parents matters, especially if the adopted have children themselves and all three generations are susceptible to hereditary diseases.

A 10-year old experiencing their adopted parents' belief in fairy tales such as religion is another important reason for the child to search for other Castanedan realities. 'We see this superior mental health even in our non-religious clients" (Julia Kristeva, New Maladies of the Soul).

Usually these issues are agreed upfront at the adoption. Every case is unique.

A 10-year old experiencing their adopted parents' belief in fairy tales such as religion is another important reason for the child to search for other Castanedan realities. 'We see this superior mental health even in our non-religious clients" (Julia Kristeva, New Maladies of the Soul).
This Clown's Opinion Is No Better Than Anyone Else's

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

Forum List

Back