If you accept this as universal morality, you will reject God.

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

TED Blog | The real difference between liberals and conservatives: Jonathan Haidt on TED.com

God does not follow the first rule at all.

The bible says that Jesus "was crucified from the foundations of the Earth," that is to say, God planned to crucify Jesus as atonement for sin before he even created human beings or sin.

This shows that what many thinks is our number one moral value was completely ignored by God.

Is God immoral or has man gotten morality wrong?

If God was right, then are we to believe that fathers are to bury their children instead of the way people think in that children should bury their parents?

John 6:44
"No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him.”

On earth as it is in heaven.

If you had God’s power to set the conditions for atonement, would you step up yourself or would you send your child to die?

Regards
DL

Bury their children? I think you missed the memo in the scriptures. The purpose of the Atonement was to save people from their sins and restore life to dead.

God sacrificed everything to atone for us. To ensure none of us will stay buried.

TED Blog | The real difference between liberals and conservatives: Jonathan Haidt on TED.com

The bible says that Jesus "was crucified from the foundations of the Earth," that is to say, God planned to crucify Jesus as atonement for sin before he even created human beings or sin.

This shows that what many thinks is our number one moral value was completely ignored by God.

If God was right, then are we to believe that fathers are to bury their children instead of the way people think in that children should bury their parents?

If you had God’s power to set the conditions for atonement, would you step up yourself or would you send your child to die?

Regards
DL

How does he violate the first rule, which actually isn't a rule?

Regards
DL

Your question is undiscerning as you lack the knowledge of Who Jesus Christ is. The Revelation of Jesus Christ brings man unto the knowledge that Jesus Christ IS God. God, the Son.

Can try to knock it through someone's head over and over, but until they seek the Lord personally with all their heart, and humbly ask Him (not man, not proofs, but ask HIM, Himself) for the truth they won't understand.

Could try to explain to you about the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, but you're posts make it obvious where you stand. It seems that not only do you think you know better than God, you think you have a higher morality standard on Him. LOL; which is silly, really.

Here are few links in attempt to encourage you, though I doubt you'll read them; moreover, and more importantly ask the Lord, yourself anyhow.

Jesus IS God, Creator, First and Last, Judge, King, "I AM', Light, Savior, Rock.
Is Jesus God? | Jesus is God | Deity of Jesus | Jesus Trinity | Man and God | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

Why Did Jesus Have To Die For Our Sins?
Why did Jesus have to die for our sins? | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

If anyone wants the truth, He has told us to go to Him; He's right there, standing at the door.

Revelation 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Bury their children? I think you missed the memo in the scriptures. The purpose of the Atonement was to save people from their sins and restore life to dead.

God sacrificed everything to atone for us. To ensure none of us will stay buried.

That is the myth yes.

Nice of God to have his son murdered when there was no need to. He had tons of moral options and instead chose barbaric human sacrifice.

And some praise him for his barbarity and lack of morals.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Give an answer to my last question and get yours at the same time.

Regards
DL

Too dishonest to give an answer to my simple question and just turn to preaching.
Your poor apologetics do my work for me.
Thanks.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8kOHPnqXG0&lr=1]Don't Preach - YouTube[/ame]

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Give an answer to my last question and get yours at the same time.

Regards
DL

Nope, it doesn't work that way. I asked you about your premise. Until I understand that your question has no logical foundation for me to build an answer on.

God violates the rule by having his son murdered and not stepping up himself.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Still missing the WHOLE thing,God and his "son are one in the same" he did step up using your own words

Can you sacrifice you to you because you demand a sacrifice that must be you?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mII6-IyaT3o]Mr. Deity and the Identity Crisis - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzuxyq3ltls&feature=player_embedded]Mr. Deity Episode 2: Mr. Deity and the Really Big Favor - YouTube[/ame]

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

If, as many Christians believe, Jesus is actually God, He did step up himself. Even if he isn't, it did not break the rule because the harm was far outweighed by the benefit.

Last edited:

Regards
DL

If, as many Christians believe, Jesus is actually God, He did step up himself. Even if he isn't, it did not break the rule because the harm was far outweighed by the benefit.

You sell your soul on an if.
Brave but silly soul. It can be shown that punishing the innocent instead of the guilty is wrong. It cannot be shown that Jesus is God as and he never said he was.

The benefits are an opinion not knowledge given by men who cannot prove that benefit.

You sell your soul to Satan on another man's word that an immoral act is somehow good.

Sympathy is all I can offer to those like you who follow immoral dogma instead of common moral sense.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Brave but silly soul. It can be shown that punishing the innocent instead of the guilty is wrong. It cannot be shown that Jesus is God as and he never said he was.

The benefits are an opinion not knowledge given by men who cannot prove that benefit.

You sell your soul to Satan on another man's word that an immoral act is somehow good.

Sympathy is all I can offer to those like you who follow immoral dogma instead of common moral sense.

Regards
DL

Dr Suess you are not.

Regards
DL

Dr Suess you are not.

No but he has your number.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh1qWZWNGGE]The Sneetches by Dr. Seuss (clip) - YouTube[/ame]

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

When you grow up you may find the distinction.

Regards
DL

When you grow up you may find the distinction.

And when you do, you will be able to answer a moral question.

You will also recognize that chastisement without correction is just cruelty.

Regards
DL

To GAIA

According to the Book of John, Jesus implies that he is god. He talks of seeing moses(or is it abraham--I guess I have to check) before he was born.

This outraged the Jews because the Jews did not believe he was god--and they tried to stone Jesus at the temple since their law commands them to stone the heretic.

Proclaiming oneself as god is heresy according to Judaism.

To GAIA

According to the Book of John, Jesus implies that he is god. He talks of seeing moses(or is it abraham--I guess I have to check) before he was born.

This outraged the Jews because the Jews did not believe he was god--and they tried to stone Jesus at the temple since their law commands them to stone the heretic.

Proclaiming oneself as god is heresy according to Judaism.

Perhaps.

John 10:34
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

He also made refference to us being the temple of God and son's of God.

Yet most scholars think the Jews did not read their scriptures literally and saw their Jesus' and Moses' as archetypal figures.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AfFcAmx-Ro&feature=relmfu]Controversial retired bishop John Spong on religion. full sh - YouTube[/ame]

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back