If We Have The Technology To Access Our Bank Accounts Anywhere In The World.....

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
Why is the first question I have to answer at the ATM before drawing money out of my account "What language shall we talk in?"

If just putting the card into the machine tells it what bank I use and all the rest of my account information, couldn't the card also tell it I speak English? Wouldn't that hamper or eliminate the theft of my money by non-English speaking thieves?

:confused:

Wow, you guys have bilingual teller machines?

In Australia our teller machines have tall poppy syndrome.

Press balance inquiry: "you make too much money you fucking ****."

Last edited:

Bi-lingual?!?

They usually offer up at least four languages and sometimes more... but that's not the point. I want to know why the machine needs to ask, considering everything else it knows about me.

It's a question of higher security and having one less pain-in-the-ass screen in my day to read and clear.

Last edited:
Why is the first question I have to answer at the ATM before drawing money out of my account "What language shall we talk in?"

If just putting the card into the machine tells it what bank I use and all the rest of my account information, couldn't the card also tell it I speak English? Wouldn't that hamper or eliminate the theft of my money by non-English speaking thieves?

I love when it asks that question only in English, thereby defeating the whole purpose (and it says 'Spanish', not 'Espanol')

☭proletarian☭;1801038 said:

I love when it asks that question only in English, thereby defeating the whole purpose (and it says 'Spanish', not 'Espanol')

Interesting, but still not the point.

☭proletarian☭;1801038 said:

Interesting, but still not the point.

I th
ought t
he po
int was
the st
upid
ity of

the screen?

Bi-lingual?!?

They usually offer up at least four languages and sometimes more... but that's not the point. I want to know why the machine needs to ask, considering everything else it knows about me.

It's a question of higher security and having one less pain-in-the-ass screen in my day to read and clear.

Maybe these machines have evolved into consciousness and are having you on?

Bi-lingual?!?

Maybe these machines have evolved into consciousness and are having you on?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqz2rejJS6M[/ame]

Have they also made fun of how your card is too small for the slot?

No, but I'll take this opportunity to bitch about 9 out of 10 receipts from merchants VISA machines being too wide to fit in your wallet without folding them in half lengthwise.

I have a friend in banking. I'll ask her today. She did mention that they are tossing around the idea of printing checks in Spanish. Can you imagine? Someone can write a check for 9 hundred billion pesos, and it still wouldn't cover the rent. lol

I have a friend in banking. I'll ask her today. She did mention that they are tossing around the idea of printing checks in Spanish. Can you imagine? Someone can write a check for 9 hundred billion pesos, and it still wouldn't cover the rent. lol

Other than the account holders name, which is already in spanish if they are of Latino descent, and the name of the bank, which is the same in spanish or english, what would be printed in spanish?

I, as a merchant, would NEVER accept a check written in Pesos, or any other currency besides U$ for that matter.

On a side note, I saw a drivers license from Mexico with a US address the other day... that was kind of freaky.

That's weird. No - of course they couldn't write the amount in pesos. But all other printing would be in Spanish. I guess the English impaired can't figure out what the big lines are for. "El dolar" is a tricky translation for "dollar". lol

Have they also made fun of how your card is too small for the slot?

No, but I'll take this opportunity to bitch about 9 out of 10 receipts from merchants VISA machines being too wide to fit in your wallet without folding them in half lengthwise.

Get a bigger wallet, you non conformist.

:wtf:

A bigger wallet would require bigger pockets, which would only come with bigger pants which would require a bigger ass!

Wait a minute... :eusa_think:

Maybe that's the :evil: corporate plan: to expand the size of the American ass through fast food and foment the plan with a need for bigger wallets!

Shit.

Now this thread is gonna get shifted to the Eots Zone. :mad:

Forum List

Back