If we go to war with Iran

its all saber rattling.

Iran isn't stupid enough to start a fight with the us. They would lose their navy and air force in a matter of hours.

Who knows, the us or the israili's might take the opportunity to wipe out the sites where they are developing their nuclear weapon. Now wouldn't that be interesting??

They also don't like the new sanctions that are headed their way. Sanctions that will be imposed if barry decided to grow a pair.

Iran is just saber rattling

qft :d

Its all saber rattling.

Iran isn't stupid enough to start a fight with the US. They would lose their Navy and Air Force in a matter of hours.

Who knows, the US or the Israili's might take the opportunity to wipe out the sites where they are developing their Nuclear weapon. Now wouldn't that be interesting??

They also don't like the new sanctions that are headed their way. Sanctions that will be imposed if Barry decided to grow a pair.

I suspect a lot of this has to do with Ahmadinejad trying to look like a tough guy in front of the mullahs. Even he's not so deluded to think that Iran would come in anything but second best in a skirmish with the US.

Its all saber rattling.

Iran isn't stupid enough to start a fight with the US. They would lose their Navy and Air Force in a matter of hours.

Who knows, the US or the Israili's might take the opportunity to wipe out the sites where they are developing their Nuclear weapon. Now wouldn't that be interesting??

They also don't like the new sanctions that are headed their way. Sanctions that will be imposed if Barry decided to grow a pair.

I suspect a lot of this has to do with Ahmadinejad trying to look like a tough guy in front of the mullahs. Even he's not so deluded to think that Iran would come in anything but second best in a skirmish with the US.

I don't think it would warrant the use of the word best in any situation.

It will be because Obama caused it. Who wants to bet if we start a war with Iran people like Rdean will suddenly think it is a good idea cause Obama is President?

Don't you mean when?

Let's face it we are a country addicted to war and presidential police actions it's only a matter of time before invade another country.

It will be because Obama caused it. Who wants to bet if we start a war with Iran people like Rdean will suddenly think it is a good idea cause Obama is President?

Don't you mean when?

Let's face it we are a country addicted to war and presidential police actions it's only a matter of time before invade another country.
Yeah, that whole "military-industrial complex" thing Eisenhower warned us about doesn't seem so crazy anymore ...

Of course democrats would 100% back a war if Obama got us into it. If a republican got us into a war with Iran they would revert back to their old anti-war selves.

I would love nothing more than to see Ahmadinejad and his conservative Islamic army pounded, however its not worth it.

I think the best course of action would be a bombing raid...

Is America Addicted to War? - By Stephen M. Walt | Foreign Policy

Top 5 Reasons Why America Keeps Fighting Foolish Wars:

1. Because We Can.
The most obvious reason that the United States keeps doing these things is the fact that it has a remarkably powerful military, especially when facing a minor power like Libya. As I wrote a couple of weeks ago, when you've got hundreds of planes, smart bombs, and cruise missiles, the whole world looks like a target set. So when some thorny problem arises somewhere in the world, it's hard to resist the temptation to "do something!"

2. The U.S. Has No Serious Enemies.
A second factor that permits the United States to keep waging these optional wars is the fact that the end of the Cold War left the United States in a remarkably safe position. There are no great powers in the Western hemisphere; we have no "peer competitors" anywhere (though China may become one sooner if we keep squandering our power foolishly); and there is no country anywhere that could entertain the idea of attacking America without inviting its own destruction. We do face a vexing terrorism problem, but that danger is probably exaggerated, is partly a reaction to our tendency to meddle in other countries, and is best managed in other ways. It's really quite ironic: Because the American homeland is safe from serious external dangers (which is a good thing), Americans have the luxury of going abroad "in search of monsters to destroy" (which is not).

THE LIST PRINT | TEXT SIZE | EMAIL | SINGLE PAGE
Is America Addicted to War?
The top 5 reasons why we keep getting into foolish fights.
BY STEPHEN M. WALT | APRIL 4, 2011

3. The All-Volunteer Force.

A third enabling factor behind our addiction to adventurism is the all-volunteer force. By limiting military service only to those individuals who volunteer to do it, public opposition to wars of choice is more easily contained. Could Bush or Obama have kept the Iraq and Afghanistan wars going if most young Americans had to register for a draft, and if the sons and daughters of Wall Street bankers were being sent in harm's way because they got an unlucky number in the draft? I very much doubt it.

4. It's the Establishment, Stupid.
A fourth reason we keep meddling all over the world is the fact that the foreign-policy establishment is hard-wired in favor of "doing something." Foreign-policy thinking in Washington is dominated either by neoconservatives (who openly proclaim the need to export "liberty" and never met a war they didn't like) or by "liberal interventionists" who are just as enthusiastic about using military power to solve problems, provided they can engineer some sort of multilateral cover for it. Liberal interventionists sometimes concede that the United States can't solve every problem (at least not at the same time), but they still think that the United States is the "indispensable" nation and they want us to solve as many of the world's problems as we possibly can.

5. Congress Has Checked Out.
The authority to declare war is given to Congress, not the president, but that authority has been steadily usurped ever since World War II. Although the Constitution could not be clearer on this point, modern presidents clearly feel no constraints about ordering U.S. forces to attack other countries, or even to fully inform Congress as to what we might be doing in secret. In practice, therefore, the vaunted system of "checks and balances" supposedly enshrined in our Constitution simply doesn't operate anymore, which means that the use of America's military power has been left solely to the presidents and a handful of ambitious advisors (see No. 4 above). This is not to say that public opinion doesn't figure into their calculations (i.e., they've got pollsters and political advisors too), but it is hardly a binding constraint.

So you see it is only a matter of time before we get involved in another stupid war, conflict or police action

Republitards would love it but then again with Obama and Republitards its always a Catch 22, if doesn't go to war with Iran he's soft of "terrorists" if he does he's wasting time on an unnecessary war, make your minds up Republitards, you can't have it both ways. The man in the WH will always be the blame for every damn thing, even the crap that you all supported.

I agree. When it comes to foreign policy, his opponents are his Ace-in-the-Hole!!!

Quarter Master?

Yep - Primarily amphibs, one CVN, one BB.
One out of San Diego - all the rest out of Norfolk.

I heard them amphibs roll alot. I did DDG's, FFG's, Mostly out of NOFUCK VA. ROTA, GITMO and Rosy Roads PR. I retired at the Weapons Station Goose Creek, SC.

You may think I am nuts but I absolutely love Norfolk. I would move back there in a heartbeat. Wife thinks I'm fucking nuts. Hey, it's a Sailor town and I'm a Sailor !!!!
We moved from there in 94, and just recently returned a few weeks ago for a day long event. If you haven't been there in awhile you'd never recognize it. They totally revitalized downtown - it's pristine. A trolly (light rail) runs from downtown, all the way down Hampton Blvd. to the Naval Base now! Lots of other changes.

Iran is pissing off China and Russia, if they attempt to disrupt global economics, China and Russia will probably crack down on them before the US even blinks.

If the Op had a clue, he would have known china and Russia have more sway with Iran than we do.

then again captain dip-shit is just trying to get out ahead of the blame game.

Hopefully when we do get into a war with Iran and China, the draft will be reinstated, and pussies like you will finally get an opportunity to serve the country.

Yep - Primarily amphibs, one CVN, one BB.
One out of San Diego - all the rest out of Norfolk.

I heard them amphibs roll alot. I did DDG's, FFG's, Mostly out of NOFUCK VA. ROTA, GITMO and Rosy Roads PR. I retired at the Weapons Station Goose Creek, SC.

You may think I am nuts but I absolutely love Norfolk. I would move back there in a heartbeat. Wife thinks I'm fucking nuts. Hey, it's a Sailor town and I'm a Sailor !!!!
We moved from there in 94, and just recently returned a few weeks ago for a day long event. If you haven't been there in awhile you'd never recognize it. They totally revitalized downtown - it's pristine. A trolly (light rail) runs from downtown, all the way down Hampton Blvd. to the Naval Base now! Lots of other changes.

I left in 96, went to Rota Spain then Charleston and retired. I am in Texas now. Don't miss Norfolk one bit, I was there off and on from 79 to 96.

Forum List

Back