"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure"

But you read them anyway. Someone has to make sense around here. :tng:

"This is the best election night in history." -Democratic National Committee Chairman Terry McAuliffe, Nov. 2, 2004, just before 8 p.m. EST

"This race is hotter than a Times Square Rolex." -CBS Anchor Dan Rather, on election night

"We are in a three-way split decision for third place." -Sen. Joe Lieberman, on his fifth place finish in the New Hampshire primary

"You bet we might have." -Sen. Kerry, asked if he would have gone to war against Saddam Hussein if he refused to disarm

"Wolf, be excited. This is Joementum here in New Hampshire." -Sen. Joe Lieberman to Wolf Blitzer, on his momentum leading up to the New Hampshire Primary

"I actually did vote for the $87 billion, before I voted against it." -Sen. Kerry, on voting against a military funding bill for U.S. troops in Iraq

"Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Go, balloons ... What's happening balloons? There's not enough coming down. All balloons! Why the hell is nothing falling? What the fuck are you guys doing up there?" -Democratic Convention producer Don Mischer, overheard on CNN having an apoplectic seizure when the balloons failed to drop from the ceiling of the Fleet Center in Boston

"Not only are we going to New Hampshire ... we're going to South Carolina and Oklahoma and Arizona and North Dakota and New Mexico, and we're going to California and Texas and New York! And we're going to South Dakota and Oregon and Washington and Michigan. And then we're going to Washington, D.C. to take back the White House, Yeeeeeaaaaaargh!" -Presidential candidate Howard Dean's Iowa concession speech

Whatever is funny, is funny. Humor crosses all political boundaries. :rock:

Gabriella84 said:

Problem is, it's not a true quote.

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/candidate.asp

Some people were crediting the same quote to John Kerry, and 15 years ago people were crediting it to Dan Quayle. Not only is it inaccurate, it's old.

I think my favorite quote is one that was barely noticed. Bill Clinton, during a 1996 campaign stop in Iowa, said, "The last time I checked, the Constitution said "of the people, by the people, and for the people". The crowd cheered.

The problem: "of the people, by the people, and for the people" is from The Gettysburg Address, not the Constitution.

Forum List

Back