If we can't beat this guy in 2012, I'll offically give up

Seriously. This guy has made a total ass of himself and that office over the last 3 years. And it's getting worse. If we can't win in THIS election coming up? Running against THIS guy? I'll just give up. I'll throw away my voter registration card, go buy a dog, and just surrender my paycheck to the government weekly and hope I have enough to buy rice and water.

Seriously. Has there ever been more of a joke of a president? We though Jimmy Carter was the worst. We knew Bush was bad. But this guy? Wow. Takes the cake. Guess thats what we get when we elect a no-name candidate, with absolutely NO experience leading ANYTHING, with countless shady associates, and who supports issues that we really had no clue about.

Most Americans, left wingers in particular, simply knew he was black (half anyway), cool, hip, liberal and gave one heckuva speech!!!

If we can't defeat him in 2012, I quit. This is like a football team voluntarily cutting it's best players and duct taping one hand behind the back on the rest. And watch the GOP still find a way to lose.
Some things about Obama you will not beat. He got mileage out of "it's-bush's-fault" and "enemies" and "if you don't like my policy, you're a racist" anchors, but began bumbling around with mutterances against businesses to the point of them freezing newhires. People who graduated from college in the last 3 years will not soon forget what that is like.

So, let Obama be Obama. Let's pass the baton to the guy who won the American jobs marathon for the last 3 years--Rick Perry, and at least put people back into jobs.

Rick Perry = Jobs for Americans who want one, and soon.

Rick will also enable businesses to employ Americans at good pay rates. That's the big need, and Rick Perry steps up to the plate when something needs to be done.

Well, America needs jobs, and Obama is still not connecting the dots:

Business + Success + Profits = JOBS!!!

Rick Perry went after jobs for Texans, and with not really trying too hard, it just so happened he employed a million here, and we're only one state, not the largest in population, either, where that would've put a lot of people back to work.

Also, he's had a back surgery recently, and he may not be quite up to the rigors of the campaign trails, but he's meeting the demand as best he can. I'm hoping people will realize this and just listen to his record. It says:

YOU'RE HIRED!

Why would you talk that way about Herman Cain?

It's actually INCREDIBLY possible for Obama to win right now.

You see, the GOP will back a candidate. But if they back a non Tea Party candidate, they will run one against THAT candidate and split the vote.

They promised to do it.

yeah well the ones in congress have not kept their promises very well so far.
They will hold their nose and vote against Obama or 90% of them will anyway.
90% of them voted for Bush twice.

Seriously. This guy has made a total ass of himself and that office over the last 3 years. And it's getting worse. If we can't win in THIS election coming up? Running against THIS guy? I'll just give up. I'll throw away my voter registration card, go buy a dog, and just surrender my paycheck to the government weekly and hope I have enough to buy rice and water.

Seriously. Has there ever been more of a joke of a president? We though Jimmy Carter was the worst. We knew Bush was bad. But this guy? Wow. Takes the cake. Guess thats what we get when we elect a no-name candidate, with absolutely NO experience leading ANYTHING, with countless shady associates, and who supports issues that we really had no clue about.

Most Americans, left wingers in particular, simply knew he was black (half anyway), cool, hip, liberal and gave one heckuva speech!!!

If we can't defeat him in 2012, I quit. This is like a football team voluntarily cutting it's best players and duct taping one hand behind the back on the rest. And watch the GOP still find a way to lose.
Some things about Obama you will not beat. He got mileage out of "it's-bush's-fault" and "enemies" and "if you don't like my policy, you're a racist" anchors, but began bumbling around with mutterances against businesses to the point of them freezing newhires. People who graduated from college in the last 3 years will not soon forget what that is like.

So, let Obama be Obama. Let's pass the baton to the guy who won the American jobs marathon for the last 3 years--Rick Perry, and at least put people back into jobs.

Rick will also enable businesses to employ Americans at good pay rates. That's the big need, and Rick Perry steps up to the plate when something needs to be done.

Rick Perry went after jobs for Texans, and with not really trying too hard, it just so happened he employed a million here, and we're only one state, not the largest in population, either, where that would've put a lot of people back to work.

Also, he's had a back surgery recently, and he may not be quite up to the rigors of the campaign trails, but he's meeting the demand as best he can. I'm hoping people will realize this and just listen to his record. It says:

YOU'RE HIRED!

Talk about hopey changey.

YOU'RE HIRED!

Nope. It's pure record. Perry 50% All other state governors combined 50%.

YOU'RE HIRED!

Put some pom poms in her hand will ya? Oh brother.

The retail gas companies are based in Texas and for most of Bush's and Obama's term, they were posting record quarters. I'm sure becki thinks that had nothing to do with the Texas economy....oh wait; Perry will get credit for that too.

Ah come on boys and girls, Obama is going to win, Bush's tax policy is still in place creating jobs, haven't you noticed? Those policies are at the heart of all the republican candidates so why change when they are working so well. Plus, if you guys get rid of the anti-Christ how will he ever fulfill the prophesies that guide your party?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/186726-republican-ideology-through-history.html

YOU'RE HIRED!

Nope. It's pure record. Perry 50% All other state governors combined 50%.

No offense intended, but I recall hearing pretty much the same thing about Bush when he was running the first time.

Unfortunately, they could manage it, especially if the GOP Establishment shoves Romney down the throat of the grass roots.

But ousting an incumbant President is not an easy thing, which is why it's only happened about 9 times in our entire history. (By contrast, 8 presidents have died in office. ) The real problem isn't getting people to realize they made a mistake, it's getting them to admit it.

I've voted Republican in every election since 1980, and honestly, I've never looked at a field with such awful candidates as this one. The only one I feel halfway good about voting for is Perry. Romney's a Mormon slimeball, Bachmann is nuts, Palin is stupid, Ron Paul is plain Crazy, Gingrich is incompetent, etc. And the GOP establishment seems intent on torpedoing Perry at this point. Just like they torpedoed Mike Huckabee 4 years ago.

Bush is the worst president in history yet got elected twice...so anything is possible.....

Wow, I'm not even sure how you can say that with a straight face.

Can you name ONE statistic that is better under Obama than it was under Bush on average. I mean, not just cherry picking Bush's worst state compared to Obama's best. (Even though that would be a challenge. For instance, Obama's best Unemployment number was higher than Bush's worst.)

Now, before you go into the tired refrain of "Well, Obama was left all these problems", the fact is, he hasn't made any of them better and most of them are worse.

After re-reading the OP bucs has given me a real reason to support Obama!

"I'll just give up. I'll throw away my voter registration card, go buy a dog, and just surrender my paycheck to the government weekly and hope I have enough to buy rice and water"

Last edited:
Waiting in line for gas was not the fault of the president. You can blame OPEC for that....

No, nobody will ever surpass the ignorance, dimwittedness, partisanship, "the inmates have taken over the asylum" presidency that was Bush. You have to look at what Obama inherited. If he had inherited a good economy - even an average economy - then you might have a point...

My only concession is that he is a weak president in that he is trying to satisfy everybody all the time instead of drawing a line in the sand. Hillary would have been better...

Wow, Grumpy, how is it that Democrats are NEVER responsible for anything that happens on their watch.

Actually, the gas lines of Carter years were NOT OPEC's fault. (The 1974 gas lines after the Yom Kippur War, yes.) It was the fault of Carter first sandbagging the Shah, the only real friend we had over there, and then slapping an embargo on Iran after they took our hostages, which sucked up any excess capacity.

And really, the economy didn't start going south until Democrats took over the Congress, and businesses figured it was time to invest elsewhere.

Waiting in line for gas was not the fault of the president. You can blame OPEC for that....

No, nobody will ever surpass the ignorance, dimwittedness, partisanship, "the inmates have taken over the asylum" presidency that was Bush. You have to look at what Obama inherited. If he had inherited a good economy - even an average economy - then you might have a point...

My only concession is that he is a weak president in that he is trying to satisfy everybody all the time instead of drawing a line in the sand. Hillary would have been better...

Wow, Grumpy, how is it that Democrats are NEVER responsible for anything that happens on their watch.

Actually, the gas lines of Carter years were NOT OPEC's fault. (The 1974 gas lines after the Yom Kippur War, yes.) It was the fault of Carter first sandbagging the Shah, the only real friend we had over there, and then slapping an embargo on Iran after they took our hostages, which sucked up any excess capacity.

And really, the economy didn't start going south until Democrats took over the Congress, and businesses figured it was time to invest elsewhere.

If you actually believe that bull about the democrats taking over the congress being responsible for this recession/psuedo recession then I feel sorry for you.

If you actually believe that bull about the democrats taking over the congress being responsible for this recession/psuedo recession then I feel sorry for you.

I go by what Business people tell me.

I remember in my last job, the shrinkage in business started EXACTLY right after Democrats took congress. Within a year, I was out of that job. All of our customers started cutting back. We stopped hiring and started firing.

The realized more taxes and more regulations were coming.

and in related news, Coca-Cola announced that China has a friendly business climate than the US.

Sad but true. As awful, radical, inexperience, incompetent as Obama is......theres a chance he just might win again. And without a 2nd term to save himself for, he'll be full blown left wing radical for 4 years. I can only imagine the executive orders he'll put out from 2012-2016. January 20th, 2017, we will not recognize the former United States.

I mean....we violated the constitution and shoved healthcare tax hikes through. We funneled guns to Mexican drug gangs. We made billions of dollars vanish, with it going who knows where, and green energy corruption is as deep as the ocean abyss. Radicals come and go in the White House like a frat party.

I can't even find the energy to list all the snafus of the last 3 years. And now, his campaign will be based on jacking up taxes on the rich out of "fairness".

No nation can survive when it's people, and president, behave like this.

You would think Obama would have cleaned up a mess by now that Republicans took 8 years to make. And with Republicans fighting him every step of the way. He thought he could work with those morons. Guess he's not that smart after all.

He didn't have to work with the GOP. Dems held White House, House and Senate from 2009 until 2011. Unfortunatly, we the people didn't like their flavor of Kool Aid, and the Dem's didn't want their names affixed exclusively to THEIR ideas.

But in other news............the head coach of the Duke University football team is still having trouble winning. He could blame the coaches that came before him. He could blame the players he has to work with. He could blame the losing culture at Duke football for decades. But he's not. He's taking responsibility. Because it's his job. And he's a leader.

Obama could learn some lessons from him. But in Obama's world, he is not to blame. He is Professor Obama, and he tells us what we do wrong and right.
Good one!!!!
but is he 1/2 black

Bush is the worst president in history yet got elected twice...so anything is possible.....

Wow, I'm not even sure how you can say that with a straight face.

Can you name ONE statistic that is better under Obama than it was under Bush on average. I mean, not just cherry picking Bush's worst state compared to Obama's best. (Even though that would be a challenge. For instance, Obama's best Unemployment number was higher than Bush's worst.)

Now, before you go into the tired refrain of "Well, Obama was left all these problems", the fact is, he hasn't made any of them better and most of them are worse.

You can't say "under Bush on average." The only reason why the economy was OK under Bush was because of a massive housing bubble, which we are now cleaning up. If we'd taken our bloody pain a decade ago rather than continuously kicking the can down the road, creating more and even bigger distortions in the economy, we would be better off today than we are now.

You can't say "under Bush on average." The only reason why the economy was OK under Bush was because of a massive housing bubble, which we are now cleaning up. If we'd taken our bloody pain a decade ago rather than continuously kicking the can down the road, creating more and even bigger distortions in the economy, we would be better off today than we are now.

Sure I can say that, and I did.

Woulda, shoulda, coulda. Both parties are responsible for this current mess. Everyone was all for letting the Housing Market run wild because everyone was making an obscene amount of money, from the banker giving mortgages to people who didn't merit them, to the guy who bought a house that was too big for him on the hope of flipping it in two years.

But the fact is, Mr. Hopey-Change has been about as effective as a coat rack in turning this around.

I go by what Business people tell me.

I remember in my last job, the shrinkage in business started EXACTLY right after Democrats took congress. Within a year, I was out of that job. All of our customers started cutting back. We stopped hiring and started firing.

The realized more taxes and more regulations were coming.

and in related news, Coca-Cola announced that China has a friendly business climate than the US.

It's not a serious argument.

I'm probably supporting the GOP in 2012 because the Dems have been incompetent, but is absolute utter nonsense to lay the recession at the feet of the Democrats (or the Republicans for that matter). We were talking to hundreds of businesses in 06 and 07 and the Dems in power was barely mentioned.

We had a massive housing bubble, one of the biggest asset bubbles in the history of the world. It collapsed. That is why we are in this mess, not because of some BS partisan reasons.

It's not a serious argument.

I'm probably supporting the GOP in 2012 because the Dems have been incompetent, but is absolute utter nonsense to lay the recession at the feet of the Democrats (or the Republicans for that matter). We were talking to hundreds of businesses in 06 and 07 and the Dems in power was barely mentioned.

We had a massive housing bubble, one of the biggest asset bubbles in the history of the world. It collapsed. That is why we are in this mess, not because of some BS partisan reasons.

Actually, I knew we were in trouble the first time Pelosi opened her pie-hole in 2007.

I do think our REAL problem is that we've made it impossible to manufacture anything here anymore, due to regulations, unions, taxes, etc. Businesses saw that, and realized the party was over.

Forum List

Back