If VoucherCare is so awesome...

OohPooPahDoo

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
N'Awlins Mid-City

why aren't Romney/Ryan going to offer it to people over 55?

Do they just hate old people?

Or is VoucherCare really just not that awesome?

if obamacare is so awesome how come non of Congress is in it?

Because Obamacare is about covering uninsured folks and those who've been kicked off their insurance because of pre-existing conditions, smart-ass. That's what makes it awesome.

Now, on the matter of Congress, they're all on a gov't health care plan that is basically Medicare. And if Medicare is good enough for seniors, veterans, and politicians, isn't discriminatory that the rest of us can't choose that plan? After all, with the federal gov't able to negotiate lower prices, wouldn't that help to solve what ails our health care system the most?

On the matter of Vouchercare, let me ask this: If the Romney-Ryan plan is so fucking good, than why not implement it immediately instead of waiting 10 years?

Because Obamacare is about covering uninsured folks and those who've been kicked off their insurance because of pre-existing conditions, smart-ass. That's what makes it awesome.

Now, on the matter of Congress, they're all on a gov't health care plan that is basically Medicare. And if Medicare is good enough for seniors, veterans, and politicians, isn't discriminatory that the rest of us can't choose that plan? After all, with the federal gov't able to negotiate lower prices, wouldn't that help to solve what ails our health care system the most?

On the matter of Vouchercare, let me ask this: If the Romney-Ryan plan is so fucking good, than why not implement it immediately instead of waiting 10 years?

What a crock of shit...congress is on medicare?....so why did they not do obamacare, why dont unions want obamacre?

Abf ooooh...old folks dont like change.....especially in entitlements...if I have to explain this to you......then youre an idiot

My guess is they want to spend the 700 billion or so on Medicare that Obama wasn't going to spend. Maybe they'll throw in a bit of extra spending on the top while they're at it and claim it will lower the deficit, who knows?

What Romney/Ryan purpose will probably work well for a period of time.

The real issue with their plan is that after a while all the healthy seniors will have been picked off by private insurance companies leaving the system to shoulder the sickest most expensive elderly.

The real issue with their plan is that after a while all the healthy seniors will have been picked off by private insurance companies leaving the system to shoulder the sickest most expensive elderly.

Im hoping its the other way around. I'd like to think that the healthy seniors would be smart enough to stay with MEDICARE and let the sick ones get on the voucher system if they so choose. I'm betting that MEDICARE is going to remain cheaper than the voucher plan.

Obama care, though, would be essential for folks younger than 65. Hopefully, when those covered by Obama care reach that sublime age they will have no need to opt for Medicare as all their medical needs will be fulfilled by the tenets of the PPACA.

Further, It looks like there won't be any CAPS on Obamacare patients. Patients will be covered as long as they are sick! In that regard Obama Care is better than the present Medicare.

After reviewing the choices, I'd say that choosing insurance under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act is the wisest thing to do for people under 65. But once you reach medicare age consider this: the republican's voucher system is going to assign the insured to a high risk venture that turns on the whims of the stock market. That uncertainty is bound to doom Voucher care.

Voucher -Care is the Republican version of DEATH PANELS.

We all know how that game will be played.

The Amount of te voucher will NOT be enough money to pay for health-care over a lifetime.

Then the GOP will be able to wash their hands and blame market forces for the deaths.

Same with Educational vouchers.

They'll slowly cut back on the amount of money offered until it will be impossible to buy your way into a decent school.

I think they should be given the option of the voucher rather than be forced to have Medicare.

Right now, Medicare is mandatory for seniors...it shouldnt be that way. If they want their own medical insurance they should be able to have it...my parents had theirs for over 35 years but had to give it up once they hit 65. They didnt have a choice in the matter.

The voucher program offers choice where there is none now.

It's easy to poke holes in either fucked up "plan" offered by either "side". The answers to fix our health care coverage are out there, but none of our "leaders" have the balls to worry more about an effective macro strategy than their re-election.

Last edited:
They exempt older people from their plan because they know seniors like Medicare as is,

and Vouchercare is a huge cut to Medicare; that's the whole point. They will give you a voucher, but the value of voucher over time only rises at the general rate of inflation, plus a small amount,

not at the rate of healthcare inflation, which has a long history of increasing faster than the general rate of inflation.

Over time, you just end up paying more and more out of pocket for your 'Medicare'.

Im hoping its the other way around. I'd like to think that the healthy seniors would be smart enough to stay with MEDICARE and let the sick ones get on the voucher system if they so choose. I'm betting that MEDICARE is going to remain cheaper than the voucher plan.

Yeah, sure, if you ignore common sense

I think they should be given the option of the voucher rather than be forced to have Medicare.

Right now, Medicare is mandatory for seniors...it shouldnt be that way. If they want their own medical insurance they should be able to have it...my parents had theirs for over 35 years but had to give it up once they hit 65. They didnt have a choice in the matter.

The voucher program offers choice where there is none now.

So if its so awesome why isn't Romney offering it to today's seniors?
Why has he instead taken every measure to stress it will NOT be available to today's seniors?

It's easy to poke holes in either fucked up "plan" offered by either "side". The answers to fix our health care coverage are out there, but none of our "leaders" have the balls to worry more about an effective macro strategy than their re-election.

Great, what a useful answer. Full of substance.

Forum List

Back