If VCU and Butler are 2 of the 4 best teams in basketball

Mini 14

Jun 6, 2010
Its an off year for basketball.

Watching this game is like watching a JV high school game....with 2 really bad JV teams.

Have both teams ever lost in a game? Because that would be justice in this one.

I've seen football games with less contact, and more grace.

This is really awful.

Looks like Butler will suck less than VCU.

Monday night will be a snoozer.

It doesn't have to be pretty. You just have to be the better team for 40 minutes at a time.

gv040211dAPR20110401104524.jpg

They shot 38% between them. If they do that Monday night, they get beat by 40.

Thank GOD that is over.

I should have watched the Kids Choice Awards.

It doesn't have to be pretty. You just have to be the better team for 40 minutes at a time.

gv040211dAPR20110401104524.jpg

Oh I agree, someone had to win.

But how those two teams got there is beyond me. That is easily the worst basketball at the college level I've seen in a LONG time. It was truly hard to watch, and I'm still not sure who sucked more, but Butler got the win.

I'll take "whoever they play next" and give the points (and I would take that against VCU had they won also).

Thank GOD that is over.

I've seen both Kansas AND Connecticutt play really ragged basketball. Neither had an undefeated season. So anything could happen. Because of where I placed my bets, I'm hoping Kansas wins today. And then I'll be rooting for Butler in the finals. And I don't CARE if it's pretty. :)

Thank GOD that is over.

I've seen both Kansas AND Connecticutt play really ragged basketball. Neither had an undefeated season. So anything could happen. Because of where I placed my bets, I'm hoping Kansas wins today. And then I'll be rooting for Butler in the finals. And I don't CARE if it's pretty. :)

I think you mean Kentucky?

After seeing that, (my first game seeing either Butler or VCU), it would be a travesty for either of them to be the champion. I will be pulling for whoever wins the KY-UC game. and I expect it to be a rout.

Thank GOD that is over.

I think you mean Kentucky?

After seeing that, (my first game seeing either Butler or VCU), it would be a travesty for either of them to be the champion. I will be pulling for whoever wins the KY-UC game. and I expect it to be a rout.

Right, I did mean Kentucky. I watched my bracket crash and burn when Kansas lost. :)

Its an off year for basketball.

Watching this game is like watching a JV high school game....with 2 really bad JV teams.

Have both teams ever lost in a game? Because that would be justice in this one.

I get the feeling that the BCS looks at this National Semi-Final as the #1 reason they don't want to get away from the obvious favoritism in the BCS for the perennial powers. How would you like to see a Butler/VCU Rose Bowl for the National Championship based on their victories over Kentucky and UCONN.

I'm totally in favor of a college football playoff system but I can't blame TPTB for hedging their bets on this one.

I'd have the:

Big 10 Champ
Big 12 Champ
SEC Champ
PAC 10 Champ
Big East Champ
ACC Champ

Then rotate the other 2 spots through any combination of the following conferences:

Conference USA Champs
Mid-American Conference Champs
Mountain West Conference Champs
Sun Belt Conference Champs
Western Athletic Conference Champs

And have the Quaters, Semi's, and Finals intermeshed into the existing bowl strucuture:

For Argument Sake:

1 SEC V. CUSA in the Sugar Bowl
2 PAC 10 V. MWC in the Rose Bowl
3 ACC V. Big East Champ in the Peach Bowl
4 Big 8 V. Big 12 Champ in Cotton Bowl

Winner 1 and Winner 4 square off in the Fiesta Bowl
Winner 2 and Winner 3 square off in the Orange Bowl (or they get reseeded)

Then Those Winners square off in whatever the BCSNCG rotation deems moving between the 4 or 5 bowls that host it now.

Forum List

Back