If Universal Healthcare is a Bad Idea...

Medicare Advantage plans are subsidized by the government, but at least you can shop around for an MA plan that best suits you. Medicare Supplement plans are not subsidized by the government, and cover pretty much everything that Medicare does not.

The bottom line at this point, is that I think conservatives would prefer this over true Single Payer and no competition, and right now Single Payer is gaining momentum. I wouldn't want that either.

Paying for it is another story. First, utilization will be MUCH lower for younger people. Something like 80% of our lifetime healthcare costs are incurred over age 65, and they're already covered. Plus we could tweak co-insurance for younger people. If all else fails, there might be another percentage or two in our Medicare tax as well. But remember, employers would no longer be burdened with these costs, and we'd look at them to make increases in pay, for example.

The answers are out there. We just need to get past the politics and start talking.

California has already learned that there is no way in the World for them to afford a single payer system. Other countries have learned that they cannot afford the system either and they have far higher taxes than anything which would be considered in America.
Correct, Single Payer is not the way to go.

This entire post is so full of provable inaccuracies that I wouldn't even know where to start correcting it!

We are blessed to have someone as knowledgeable as yourself so put all those inaccuracies right!

HystericallyLaughingmanandboy-Th.gif

Who should go without?
In the US, there's no such thing as "no" health care, even the homeless can get health care.
1. County hospitals: County hospitals charge patients based upon their income, or lack thereof. No one is turned away.
2. Local neighborhood clinics: Some of these provide free care for the poor and homeless.
So, whether Obamacare is kept, or some other one replaces it, the poor still receive care and thus, if you die, it's because you refused to go to one of these avenues of care for treatment.

Most of the same reasoning behind prosecuting Ponzi schemes as fraud applies to group insurance. It involves the same false hopes (promises), and the same inevitable outcome - collapse with all but the originators of the scheme getting screwed.

NOT true.

Social Security is a Ponzi Scheme, not a health insurance company or a group insurance plan.

This entire post is so full of provable inaccuracies that I wouldn't even know where to start correcting it!

We are blessed to have someone as knowledgeable as yourself so put all those inaccuracies right!

HystericallyLaughingmanandboy-Th.gif

Such major misinformation as was posted here would require tutoring from 6th grade history through college level. I certainly would not tackle that job for free.

Most of the same reasoning behind prosecuting Ponzi schemes as fraud applies to group insurance. It involves the same false hopes (promises), and the same inevitable outcome - collapse with all but the originators of the scheme getting screwed.

NOT true.

Social Security is a Ponzi Scheme, not a health insurance company or a group insurance plan.

-1 reading comprehension..

I didn't say insurance is a ponzi scheme. I said the same reasoning applies. Ponzi schemes prey on ignorance and undermine markets. Same with insurance, most especially "group" health insurance. It's not a viable business model. The only reason these plans lasted as long as they did was because of ill-conceived legislation propping them up.

Who should go without?
In the US, there's no such thing as "no" health care, even the homeless can get health care.
1. County hospitals: County hospitals charge patients based upon their income, or lack thereof. No one is turned away.
2. Local neighborhood clinics: Some of these provide free care for the poor and homeless.
So, whether Obamacare is kept, or some other one replaces it, the poor still receive care and thus, if you die, it's because you refused to go to one of these avenues of care for treatment.
People like you see this whole healthcare in such black and white terms. I have a friend who was living in Olympia with a good job with good healthcare. He was offered a better job in San Diego. On his drive down to his new job he got involved in a car accident. This was one day after his old job and one day before his new job. His old employer would not cover him. 13 years later and he's still paying heavy medical bills. This has nothing to do with receiving health care. It has to do with spending your entire life paying for one hospital visit.

Such major misinformation as was posted here would require tutoring from 6th grade history through college level. I certainly would not tackle that job for free.

Not to worry! As with all other workers, we'll see that you are paid exactly what you are worth. Unfortunately, in your case, that means you will owe US for each of your "lessons".

Not to worry! As with all other workers, we'll see that you are paid exactly what you are worth. Unfortunately, in your case, that means you will owe US for each of your "lessons".

The first one is free. What was the party of the president whose election in 1861 lead directly to the most devastating war that America ever experienced to this very day? Oh hell, here is another one. What was the party of the president that asked congress to declare war on Spain in 1898? You are lucky today, because I will even throw in this correcting information for the ridicules misinformation posted. What was the party of the president who was in office when WW1 came to an end? Do I even have to talk about Reagan in Panama and Bush in Iraq and Grenada, or the other Bush in Afghanistan and Iraq? Don't even ask me about Truman. That part of the post was so ridicules that I am convinced that the poster lives in an alternate universe.

The first one is free. What was the party of the president whose election in 1861 lead directly to the most devastating war that America ever experienced to this very day? Oh hell, here is another one. What was the party of the president that asked congress to declare war on Spain in 1898? You are lucky today, because I will even throw in this correcting information for the ridicules misinformation posted. What was the party of the president who was in office when WW1 came to an end? Do I even have to talk about Reagan in Panama and Bush in Iraq and Grenada, or the other Bush in Afghanistan and Iraq? Don't even ask me about Truman. That part of the post was so ridicules that I am convinced that the poster lives in an alternate universe.

Now bring us up to the 21st Century.

Who should go without?
People like you see this whole healthcare in such black and white terms. I have a friend who was living in Olympia with a good job with good healthcare. He was offered a better job in San Diego. On his drive down to his new job he got involved in a car accident. This was one day after his old job and one day before his new job. His old employer would not cover him. 13 years later and he's still paying heavy medical bills. This has nothing to do with receiving health care. It has to do with spending your entire life paying for one hospital visit.

I don't know if that had to do more with healthcare or God telling him something.

Forum List

Back