If unions are so fucking great then why do they have to force people to join?

Less full time work(40 hours) is being offered also. I see more and more working several jobs to make one living wage. Some have college degrees.

Years and years of unions getting weaker and what's gotten better for the average working class American?

Nothing. We have fewer good paying jobs, fewer working/middle class families that can live on one person's job.

I'd like to hear from the anti-union people:

What was/is supposed to get better for the average American as unions get weaker and unionized employees fewer in number,

and what has gotten better? If getting rid of unions and stripping workers of their rights, their power to bargain, etc., is such a good thing...

...where are we seeing the net benefit?

And again, as often as I ask this question, none of the anti-union people around here have an answer,

much less a satisfactory answer.

And I hate to break it to you... Your life isn't going to be any better if Warren Buffett pays more taxes next year. Yet you're all in on that one.

I was a member of Carpenter's Local Union #1391 for 5 years, dope.

How many anti-union people have been union members?

How many even know how unions work?

How many get their information from anti-union propaganda?

The truth is there are lies being told on this thread about unions. Honestly unions are neither all good nor all bad and all unions are not the same nor do they all operate the same. There is also public employee unions and private employee unions.

Using someone else's political talking points makes people look misinformed.

There are labor laws and the unions must operate under them. Do unions have flaws? You bet. I despise that they align with any party automatically.

Are all unions bad? Are all employees, non-union included good employees? Are private and public unions the same to some of you on these threads?

Just for the record I am much more a supporter of private unions. I have more issues with public ones.

Also, do you think American corporations are only outsourcing American UNION jobs? Think again.

I was a member of Carpenter's Local Union #1391 for 5 years, dope.

How many anti-union people have been union members?

How many even know how unions work?

How many get their information from anti-union propaganda?

The truth is there are lies being told on this thread about unions. Honestly unions are neither all good nor all bad and all unions are not the same nor do they all operate the same. There is also public employee unions and private employee unions.

Using someone else's political talking points makes people look misinformed.

There are labor laws and the unions must operate under them. Do unions have flaws? You bet. I despise that they align with any party automatically.

Why the need to call me a "dope" sir? Was there anything in my post that warranted it from you to me? Must I agree with you on issues to be afforded some basic respect? Unreal.

A trade show at the Javits Convention Center in NYC. Our company's product display booth consisted of 6 modules that connected together and each had a cord to power its lighting. The male end of one module's cord connected into the female end of its neighboring module's cord and so on. Total time needed to make all six connections was less than a minute. But no one from the company could perform such a highly unskilled task. Instead, we were required to hire one of the union electricians on site, at $80-something an hour for a TWO-HOUR minimum.

But no sweat. In the end our bean counters factored the expense into the cost of our products to our accounts, who in turn passed it along to the consuming public. So I always look for that friggin' union label, and then look for an alternative without one.

omg... convention centers just crack me up... Its a total union scam! You cant move a box of papers in and out.... you have to have a union worker do it.

Amen. I only relayed a bit about the electricians' union creeps. Got held up similarly by the carpenters' union stooges too and another group of deadbeats whose union name escapes me at the moment. But regardless of which union those slimeballs belonged to they all had one thing in common. They'd steal anything that wasn't nailed down to the point we'd have to appoint one of us to just watch our stuff - coats, jackets, briefcases, etc. - during set up and tear down or things would just disappear. I've dealt with dozens if not hundreds of those union clowns and they're all worthless pieces of crap, complete losers whose only salvation in life was to land a job in a friggin' union.

I might have left them a couple of gifts. Say...a jacket rubbed thoroughly with poison oak, a briefcase full of dead fish or used cat litter, a pair of work gloves with a few shards of glass inside.

New Topics

Forum List

Back