If two gay men are allowed to marry, why not two straight women?

In order to take advantage of the tax code, inheritance, health insurance benefits, etc. Do proponents of gay marriage also support the "right" of straight people, who may not even live in the same state or even know each other well, to marry each other specifically to avail themselves of the incidents of marriage?
You are truly dedicated to your vendetta against gays, aren't you?

yes there is no place in the debate for pure logic such as this.. it is people like him that rock the boat with their sensible questions..trouble maker..

Personally, I do not give a shit what other people put in what hole.

If you are dumb enough to get married, well then, everyone should pay the same price.

I don't get it, if two straight women want to get married ... doesn't that make them gay?
not if it isnt for sex
just for the financial purposes

:eusa_eh: So ... gay people are only gay because they have sex with someone of the same sex ... that means most of the lesbians I know are not really gay, nor many of the gay men. Strange ... very strange ...

Are they sexually attracted to the same sex, despite not having sex with them?

In order to take advantage of the tax code, inheritance, health insurance benefits, etc. Do proponents of gay marriage also support the "right" of straight people, who may not even live in the same state or even know each other well, to marry each other specifically to avail themselves of the incidents of marriage?

ACtually I see absolutely no reason that any two people could't create a civil domestic contract which gives them the same survivor rights as two married people.

Why not allow that?

Just don't call it marriage.

ACtually I see absolutely no reason that any two people could't create a civil domestic contract which gives them the same survivor rights as two married people.

Why not allow that?

Then why call it marriage between two gays?

Why not allow that?

Why call it marriage if it's a legal civil union regardless of the gender of both parties?

Why not allow that?

Why call it marriage if it's a legal civil union regardless of the gender of both parties?
I agree. Regardless of the two parties involved, call it the same thing - marriage, civil union, lugnuts - in all cases.

Then lets just rename everything. Screw anything traditional. Lets call the sun the moon, the oceans land, we'll even give YOU a new name. How about that?

Do you people ever listen to yourselves?

Why not allow that?

This can already be done. The reason the poofters wont accept it is because its not called marriage.

Does the current law prohibit two people of the opposite sex to get married specifically for the advantages you cite?

no, it does not. it may go against the stated public policy- which is generally to rpomote strong families.

Where is that public policy stated?

Then lets just rename everything. Screw anything traditional. Lets call the sun the moon, the oceans land, we'll even give YOU a new name. How about that?

Do you people ever listen to yourselves?
The concept of separate but equal doesn't have a good track record. If we call homosexual marriages something different than heterosexual marriages, we would be hoping for a good outcome of separate but equal. I'm not all that confident in that being a good outcome.

I have no interest what goes on in their bedroom.

Do you care if a heterosexual couple marries just for the tax break?

That's a pretty deep legal question. It depends on the contractual obligations of the two parties, which varies by state - and the intent of the tax code.

For one thing - say two people marry for convenience for another reason, other than taxes, but as it turns out, they also get a tax break as a result. On the one hand, to take this break may be fraudulent - on the other hand, to tell the IRS you are not married when you are married may also be fraudulent. Its a catch 22

what if a man and a women marry simply for business reasons....would that be fraud....

That's a pretty deep legal question. It depends on the contractual obligations of the two parties, which varies by state - and the intent of the tax code.

For one thing - say two people marry for convenience for another reason, other than taxes, but as it turns out, they also get a tax break as a result. On the one hand, to take this break may be fraudulent - on the other hand, to tell the IRS you are not married when you are married may also be fraudulent. Its a catch 22

what if a man and a women marry simply for business reasons....would that be fraud....

No, it would not be fraud- that is perfectly legal, although most if not all states have a statutory policy that such an arrangement would likely violate, which would be very relevant with respect to anullments and estate issues.

Does the current law prohibit two people of the opposite sex to get married specifically for the advantages you cite?

no, it does not. it may go against the stated public policy- which is generally to rpomote strong families.

Usually in the Marital and Domestic relations section of the state's code. Here is AZ's, which is pretty typical:

It is declared that the public policy of this state and the general purposes of this title are:

1. To promote strong families;

2. To promote strong family values.

yes.

What business is it of yours why someone gets married?

i told ya he was "special"
;)

Ok, I know you would never believe it from me. But I know a few conservatives who could certainly tell you where gays come from. Go ahead, ask them:

Dick Cheney - daughter
Newt Gingrigh - sister
Alan Keyes - daughter
Phyllis Shaftley - son
David Drier - gay
Jom Kolbe - gay
Ken Melman - gay
Dan Gurley -gay
Shepard Smith - gay
Jerry Sanders - gay
Cheney's daughter is gay, and Shep Smith is not a conservative
the rest of that list i'm sure you pulled out of your ass again, as per your usual

You didn't know that Newt Gingrich's sister is gay?

You didn't know that the mother of the conservative movement, Phyllis Shaftley has a gay son?

See, conservatives really don't know where gays come from.

Shepard Smith NOT a conservative?

Usually in the Marital and Domestic relations section of the state's code. Here is AZ's, which is pretty typical:

It is declared that the public policy of this state and the general purposes of this title are:

1. To promote strong families;

2. To promote strong family values.

Where do gays come from? Are they part of anyone's family?

not if it isnt for sex
just for the financial purposes

:eusa_eh: So ... gay people are only gay because they have sex with someone of the same sex ... that means most of the lesbians I know are not really gay, nor many of the gay men. Strange ... very strange ...

Are they sexually attracted to the same sex, despite not having sex with them?

Not sexually in many instances ... some yeah, but many (not most just a lot) are just attracted to them, sex is the furthest thing from their minds. ;) It's called a "healthy relationship".

Ok, I know you would never believe it from me. But I know a few conservatives who could certainly tell you where gays come from. Go ahead, ask them:

Dick Cheney - daughter
Newt Gingrigh - sister
Alan Keyes - daughter
Phyllis Shaftley - son
David Drier - gay
Jom Kolbe - gay
Ken Melman - gay
Dan Gurley -gay
Shepard Smith - gay
Jerry Sanders - gay
Cheney's daughter is gay, and Shep Smith is not a conservative
the rest of that list i'm sure you pulled out of your ass again, as per your usual

You didn't know that Newt Gingrich's sister is gay?

You didn't know that the mother of the conservative movement, Phyllis Shaftley has a gay son?

See, conservatives really don't know where gays come from.

Shepard Smith NOT a conservative?
see, i dont really care who is gay or not
that seems to only matter to the extremists, like you

Forum List

Back