If Trump opted to resign and form a 3rd party, would his supporters...

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
Serious question posed in the thread's title to Trump supporters who are (mostly) republicans and even some right-leaning democrats.

So, given the very real fact that Trump is turning AGAINST the republican led congress while still deriding democrats such as Obama and Clinton, AND given that he is finding it a bit more difficult than expected to drain that proverbial D.C. swamp, Trump may opt to resign and perhaps start a uniquely trump-like 3rd party.........

Would current Trump backers follow him were he to do so?

No. At least I would not. My support for Trump has always been aboit opposing establishment Republicans and Democrats far more thsn supporting Trump. My true preference would be for a Conservative candidate.

Trump could win in a multi-way contest but probably not a 3-way.
In an honest and fair world there would be four parties:

Republicans, giving lip-service to social and fiscal conservatism but nothing more.
Democrats, with their strong appeal to those who want free stuff and government control of their entire "lives".
Trumpers, dedicated to reducing the size of government and interference in American lives.
NOUBs (Nutty OldUncleBernie tribalists) wanting a "basic income", free college and NO rules.

In sucha world Trump would triumph.

Dude, at least once a day, and usually more often, you post a thread about what it will take for the Trump supporters to do X. X is usually abandon Trump, or sometimes it is would they still support him if he rolled a red carpet over the bodies of the peasants before he walked across them?

You know, Mel Brooks?

Here are some headlines for the future threads.

If Trump kissed a gay man would you still support him?
If Trump admitted to being a fan of the web series Red Vs. Blue would you still have his back?
If Trump slaughtered a dozen babies to get the secret ingredient for his orange body paint, would you still support him?
There are lots of them. They're all silly, and they're all a little rote now don't you think?

Here's an idea. Take something that Trump has done, and explain why you think it is bad. Try not to say that his idiot supporters are too dumb stupid to realize. Give a thoughtful and considered OP, and you might even get some debate.

Of course, it would mean you would have too stop thinking anyone who voted for him was so dumb stupid and crazy that they can't walk by a window without licking it.

I'd probably agree with you on some of the issues, but even then I won't say "Gee I wish that I had voted for Hillary". Of course that is what you are going for, and you must get mightily depressed to fail at it so regularly.

Hey, would you still support Hillary if she pissed off a balcony onto a crowd at a night club?

I mean, get some debate going on the issues, I know it's hard, the Democrats debating the issues lately has been a little like watching two year olds arguing in a sand box.

Let's face it, both parties totally suck and are completely sold out.

We need more than one credible third party. Trump is too much of a government guy to make it as a Libertarian.

Serious question posed in the thread's title to Trump supporters who are (mostly) republicans and even some right-leaning democrats.

So, given the very real fact that Trump is turning AGAINST the republican led congress while still deriding democrats such as Obama and Clinton, AND given that he is finding it a bit more difficult than expected to drain that proverbial D.C. swamp, Trump may opt to resign and perhaps start a uniquely trump-like 3rd party.........

I would say half of those that voted for him might for one election and then they would run back to the GOP screaming when they See how many Democratic Politicians would win during that cycle...

• Banned
Dude, at least once a day, and usually more often, you post a thread about what it will take for the Trump supporters to do X. X is usually abandon Trump, or sometimes it is would they still support him if he rolled a red carpet over the bodies of the peasants before he walked across them?

Well, as Descartes once stated, "I think, therefore I am"........in your case, you choose NOT to think, "....therefore you're a waste of cyberspace."

I would say half of those that voted for him might for one election and then they would run back to the GOP screaming when they See how many Democratic Politicians would win during that cycle...

Not necessarily. I believe a Democrat majority across the board leads to the Second American Revolution; so there might not be another election ever again.

That's an excellent idea....he should do that.

Not necessarily. I believe a Democrat majority across the board leads to the Second American Revolution; so there might not be another election ever again.

I doubt it. If the revolt did not happen during Obama tenure then it will not happen...

A very good question, and, given the current state of the GOP, there already is a division between Trump supporters and regular Republicans. Yes, I do think that Trump could successfully break off and form a third party with his followers, but I also think it would be political suicide to do so.

Why? Simple..................the GOP establishment doesn't like him, and the Democratic establishment doesn't like him. If Trump broke off and formed a third party, that would unite the establishment Reps. and Dems. and they would turn against him, possibly with impeachment proceedings.

I exist, I vote Dem.... hence I am entitled to a life on the taxpayer dole....

Not to interfere with your fucked up stupidity, but you should know that states that receive the MOST federal aid are red states.......just saying............LOL

That is 100% about farm subsidies.

The pure leeches who do not work and/or "work" doing nothing for the government are all Dems.

Ahem, trump won't win an independent run for president from prison

34255302220_69514a8e7e_b.jpg

Forum List

Back