If Trump is elected we are so screwed.

This failure in 2008 was predicted in 1997. Economists knew that it would happen it was a matter of when.

Really? Who? Can you post a link to an article from 1997 that said, "Letting poor people buy houses will ruin the economy!"

I am fucking amazed that people like you keep making excuses for the 1% no matter how bad they screw you.
The economy depends on slumlords being able to charge outrageous rents for their dumps.

Whatever happened to the rent is too high candidate.

Was that a joke? Outrageous rents? Define outrageous?

Do you not know that compared to most of the world, we live in mansions?
That is because the US is relatively NEW.
We ain't over 1,000 years old.

The problem wasn't bad loans........ it was selling bad loans to investors....

Why is selling bad loans to investors a problem.... if the bad loans themselves were not the problem?

Do you not see how absolutely bonkers you are sounding?

No, the problem was the value of the loans AS an investment was misrepresented by the banks.

That was the problem. People were told that the loan was worth the value of the house and all the interest payments and projected increases in the value of the property- none of which happened.

It's amazing how people like you, after being shown the evidence over and over and over, instead shove your head up your own ideology, and keep blame shifting.

Reminds me of Hugo Chavez. "Subsidized food!" Food shortages. "Subsidized electricity!" Power outages. "Subsidized housing!" Housing shortages.

And what's the reason? Bad government policies? Of course not! It's the evil rich. Of course, most of the rich left Venezuela, but it's still their fault somehow.

You people never accept responsibility. You can't. The moment you did, your entire ideology would fall apart. So every failure has to be blamed on someone else. The "1%", which is a joke. You are the 1%.

I totally accept responsibility for things I did.

I did not misrepresent sub-prime loans as valuable investments.

That was the 1%.

I did not move good paying jobs overseas.

That was the 1%.

It's amazing how people like you, after being shown the evidence over and over and over, instead shove your head up your own ideology, and keep blame shifting.

Reminds me of Hugo Chavez. "Subsidized food!" Food shortages. "Subsidized electricity!" Power outages. "Subsidized housing!" Housing shortages.

And what's the reason? Bad government policies? Of course not! It's the evil rich. Of course, most of the rich left Venezuela, but it's still their fault somehow.

You people never accept responsibility. You can't. The moment you did, your entire ideology would fall apart. So every failure has to be blamed on someone else. The "1%", which is a joke. You are the 1%.

BULLSHIT ALERT!

I did not misrepresent sub-prime loans as valuable investments.

That was the 1%.

I did not move good paying jobs overseas.

That was the 1%.

More far left propaganda to cover the fact that it was far left policies that caused much of their comments!

Why is selling bad loans to investors a problem.... if the bad loans themselves were not the problem?

No, the problem was the value of the loans AS an investment was misrepresented by the banks.

That was the problem. People were told that the loan was worth the value of the house and all the interest payments and projected increases in the value of the property- none of which happened.

Which again, never happened before 1997, when Freddie Mac guaranteed Sub-Prime Loans.

Before 1997, you can't find a sub-prime loan with a AAA rating anywhere. Didn't exist. Government created that misrepresentation.

Which again, never happened before 1997, when Freddie Mac guaranteed Sub-Prime Loans.

Before 1997, you can't find a sub-prime loan with a AAA rating anywhere. Didn't exist. Government created that misrepresentation.

Sure enough, government was trying to have everyone to own a home, credit didn't matter.

Forum List

Back