If Trump and buddies do not choose to testify are they admitting guilt?

ElmerMudd

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2009
Northwest

President Donald Trump has derided the Fifth Amendment as the refuge of mobsters, and during Watergate President Richard Nixon infamously told aides, "I want you all to stonewall it, let them plead the Fifth Amendment, cover up, or anything else."

Using executive privilege to not testify is the equivalent of taking the 5th.
Trump once said pleading the Fifth was for 'the mob' and now he might do it - CNNPolitics

President Donald Trump has derided the Fifth Amendment as the refuge of mobsters, and during Watergate President Richard Nixon infamously told aides, "I want you all to stonewall it, let them plead the Fifth Amendment, cover up, or anything else."

Trump once said pleading the Fifth was for 'the mob' and now he might do it - CNNPolitics

^ Stalinist scumbag

That is what adverse inference is all about.

People who take the fifth are GUILTY of something. Preventing people from testifying on information that should support what the accused has promulgated speaks volumes...

This is America, you fascist. Take your circus somewhere else.

So when Lois Lerner chose to take the fifth and not testify in the IRS scandal hearings she was admitting her guilt? If this is the standard are we applying to everyone or just those we don't agree with politically?

^ Stalinist scumbag
Stalinist scumbag? I do not want the US President to have as much power as Stalin. That is what Trump is going for.
Tell me why you think my statement results in you calling me a Stalinist scum bag. I am interested in how your brain works.

Your thread makes Eric Holder guilty of gun running.

So when Lois Lerner chose to take the fifth and not testify in the IRS scandal hearings she was admitting her guilt? If this is the standard are we applying to everyone or just those we don't agree with politically?
Yes, if you think what you say will incriminate you, I say you are guilty.

This is America, you fascist. Take your circus somewhere else.
Please explain why my statement is anti-American.

So excersing your Constitutional Fifth Amendment rights makes one guilty? Good to know how little the left thinks of the Constitution and the rights and protections it affords all of us.

So excersing your Constitutional Fifth Amendment rights makes one guilty? Good to know how little the left thinks of the Constitution and the rights and protections it affords all of us.

“The mob takes the Fifth,” Trump said after Hillary Clinton aides invoked their right against self-incrimination. “If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”

Yes, refusal to testify, ignoring subpoenas for documents, destroying records, all those things fall into "adverse inference"

^ Stalinist scumbag
^Too uneducated to know what a stalinist is.

The Trump cabal's guilt hasn't been in question for a while now. The current argument is over whether we should abandon the rule of law for him.

“The mob takes the Fifth,” Trump said after Hillary Clinton aides invoked their right against self-incrimination. “If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”
Because you have the Constitutional right do so. If a defendent in a criminal case chooses not testify in their own defense that is not an admission of guilt. There is also executive privilige if the Democrats feel that testimoney from Trump or other's in that inner circle is this important they could have gone to the courts made their case and try and get ruling they had to testify they did not.

Trump was going to testify...........but couldn't find any Clown Costumes with big daffy looking feet.............Seems they were sold out of them...............Seems the Dems bought all the clown outfits......

Tsk...........maybe next time ..............

Forum List

Back