If This Were Bush?

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Locations of high-risk coal ash sites kept secret : State and Regional News : Knoxville News Sentinel

Locations of high-risk coal ash sites kept secret

Associated Press
Originally published 01:40 p.m., June 12, 2009
Updated 02:40 p.m., June 12, 2009

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration has decided to keep secret the locations of nearly four dozen coal ash storage sites that pose a threat to people living nearby.

The Environmental Protection Agency classified the 44 sites as potential hazards to communities while investigating storage of coal ash waste after a spill at a Tennessee power plant in December. The classification means the waste sites could cause death and significant property damage if an event such as a storm, a terrorist attack or a structural failure caused them to spill into surrounding communities.

The sites have existed for years with little or no federal regulation.

The Army Corps of Engineers in a letter dated June 4 told the EPA and the Federal Emergency Management Agency that the public should not be alerted to the whereabouts of the sites because it would compromise national security.

“Uncontrolled or unrestricted release (of the information) may pose a security risk to projects or communities by increasing its attractiveness as a potential target,” Steven L. Stockton, the Army Corps’ director of civil works, wrote in a letter obtained by The Associated Press....

If this was Bush ... the roles would be the exact opposite, the "left" saying he's wrong and the "right" whining about the left saying he's wrong. Same story different fucking day.

If this was Bush ... the roles would be the exact opposite, the "left" saying he's wrong and the "right" whining about the left saying he's wrong. Same story different fucking day.

And you wonder why we elect idiots to Washington. Actually they aren't the ones who are idiots, the ones who voted them in.

Transperency?????? I guess he is only transperent when releasing TOP SECRET, national security stuff to our enemies.

Certainly not the bond holders. The ones who actually invested in them.

Were that the case, I'd be asking how that "compassionate conservatism" was workin' out. :D

The problem is, too many of "we, the people" are partisan fools. The most intelligent species on the planet, capable of cognizant thought, and the fools vote for fools to represent them.

And they do.

Ohh look defending the left yet again. How about when Obama's underlings released all the information on a web site about Nuclear facilities?

Ok - some of you don't like Bush.

I thought Snatch was pretty cool though...

snatch.jpg

KK, guess you missed all my posts on his failure to correct Iraq strategy, not listening to the guys on the ground? His inability to articulate his goals or respond to criticism? His administrations paranoia regarding the press, which no matter how deserved, kept him from communicating with the people?

Transperency?????? I guess he is only transperent when releasing TOP SECRET, national security stuff to our enemies.

Yeah he'll release top secret documents, but yet won't release his own birth certificate... or his school transcripts, or his passport, or any number of many other things... I guess the only things considered secret to obama are his own documents, because he sure is keeping them hidden. Fuck the country... let the top secret stuff out, but boy don't go near his birth certificate. Yeah... transparency my ass...

KK, guess you missed all my posts on his failure to correct Iraq strategy, not listening to the guys on the ground? His inability to articulate his goals or respond to criticism? His administrations paranoia regarding the press, which no matter how deserved, kept him from communicating with the people?
there was a lot of criticizim from conservatives about the things Bush was doing
dont see much from the left with Obama

there was a lot of criticizim from conservatives about the things Bush was doing

Yep, while the criticism of Bush may or may not have included yourself, you take on this is correct. Truth to tell, much more criticism of the right by the right, than vice versa. So, is the lesson that the right is too critical or itself or that the left fails to critique itself?

Yeah he'll release top secret documents, but yet won't release his own birth certificate... or his school transcripts, or his passport, or any number of many other things... I guess the only things considered secret to obama are his own documents, because he sure is keeping them hidden. Fuck the country... let the top secret stuff out, but boy don't go near his birth certificate. Yeah... transparency my ass...

Hah! Never thought of it like that.

Very secretive about his own history, is he not?

Yep, while the criticism of Bush may or may not have included yourself, you take on this is correct. Truth to tell, much more criticism of the right by the right, than vice versa. So, is the lesson that the right is too critical or itself or that the left fails to critique itself?
oh, i was very critical of Bush on MANY subjects, not the least of was the amnesty mess, the massive wasteful spending, not actually defending himself against the stupid charges flung by the media
there was a lot he messed up on, besides the pronunciation of "nuclear"

Forum List

Back