If this is true, we are in trouble...

nixon.jpg

These statistics are claimed to be true:
1. 50% of American wage earners earn less than $30k.
2. 63% of Americans can’t afford a $1,000 emergency.
3. 80% of American workers live pay check to pay check.
4. Since 1973 American productivity has increased by 77%, yet hourly pay has grown by 12%. If the minimum wage was tracked to productivity, it would be over $20 an hour today.
5. 41% of American workers earn less than $12 per hour, with most without employer provided HC.
6. Since 2008 the federal government and the Fed created $26 trillion out of nothing. Was any of this enormous sum spent on infrastructure, public education, universal HC, bail out 5.1 million people who lost their homes?

Not a pretty picture for the poor and middle class. Hopefully things are improving or we are headed for big trouble.

And the decline of unions has matched the enumerated list point for point up there.

A lot of blame is on Corporate America. More blame belongs on unions themselves.
Candycorn, that's confusing. Please advise. If the decline of unions matches the decline of American, how are unions more to blame than corporations? Thanks!

When I graduated High School, I received numerous letters from universities, the military, Peace Corps, etc. You know how many I received from unions? Zero.

Unions make the news when they do one of two things; go on strike or protect a lousy worker; when they tell/approve their member to either not work or be lousy at their job. Terrible PR.

Unions seem to (this is anecdotal; not factual--correct me if I'm wrong) have no internal policing of their members; they seem to not care if their members are improving to become better employees. For example, when computers turned up in every house, every office, every dorm room....were the Teamsters making their members (or partnering with their employers in their chapters to) get some level of computer literacy so they could go to UPS or US Steel or Ford and tell them that their workers are able to work with computers?

4. Since 1973 American productivity has increased by 77%, yet hourly pay has grown by 12%. If the minimum wage was tracked to productivity, it would be over $20 an hour today.
5. 41% of American workers earn less than $12 per hour, with most without employer provided HC.
6. Since 2008 the federal government and the Fed created $26 trillion out of nothing. Was any of this enormous sum spent on infrastructure, public education, universal HC, bail out 5.1 million people who lost their homes?

Not a pretty picture for the poor and middle class. Hopefully things are improving or we are headed for big trouble.

That is a VERY ugly picture & it looks pretty accurate IMO.
What does the picture tell US?
It tells US that our government has FAILED.
'We the people' have failed because we didn't make our collective voice known as one.

One thing that could have REALLY HELPED here:
NOT blowing $3 TRILLION on G. W. Bush's wars of choice.
Just think IF that $3 TRILLION would have been invested in America, on OUR soil, instead of being shitted out across the ME?

The MIC is a cancer upon not only the US but the planet at large. IKE was right but NOBODY listened.
The US has based it's economy on building weapons of death, selling those weapons to the planet at large, destabilizing the planet, and we have spread fear & paranoia like a plague.

We could have built this nation into a mighty force that is actually respected around the globe, a society where everyone is educated to a college level no matter what race or the color of one's skin, we could have built infrastructure to rival our own best efforts, we could have demanded OUR government NOT be the world police but we have FAILED at every one of those points, and more.

We shall reap as we have sown.

I will say this:
Giving endless, record tax breaks to the wealthiest 0.01% & to the corporations is NOT going to make any of the above better BUT it will MAKE IT WORSE.
Anyone that fell for the McConnell, Ryan, Trump, GOP tax break lie is a complete fvcking idiot but just keep on believing. :206:

I agree, and most communists know that when communists take over, a lot of people have to die.

Tehon. HOw many people do you think would die, once the communists take over?
It depends on the social conditions prevalent at the time of any revolution.

In your scenario, would you support arresting people for holding counter revolutionary views?
At a certain point in any revolution there will come a time when dissenters will have to be dealt with.

Would you support going though the archives of this site and others like it, and arresting people who revealed such counter revolutionary views?
That is ridiculous. Of course not.

We are not anywhere near a revolutionary moment.

The question was not about how close we are, but about what you communists would do if you take over.

That you dodged, shows the answer. YOu would support it. You would support going thrown the archives of this site and others like it, and arresting all those with the wrong views.

What about members of suspect churches, like the Mormons, or Evangelicals. Are they all to be rounded up too?

That is exactly right. That is reality.

We had a social relationship. It wasn't producing enough profit for the capitalists who sought expansion beyond our national borders. So they created the conditions that would allow them to expand, thereby altering our social conditions.

The capitalists are in control. Then and now.

Soo..enter the solution..Communism, amirite, comrade?

As myself, I'm going to tell you to go fuck yourself, k?

Agreed. YOu're not getting that without a fight.

How many people you willing to kill to get your utopia, Tehon?

I'm willing to die to preserve the American way of life. True story.

One difference between Communists and Americans in America, is that Americans grew up shooting and probably have grandpappy's gun.
s.

I agree, and most communists know that when communists take over, a lot of people have to die.

Communism was bad, indeed.

Communism belongs in the junk pile but so does Capitalism.

Capitalism has a different set of problems.

Like Commies didn't outsource jobs, or insource illegals.

These are very real & dire issues of Capitalism.

We had capitalism without outsourcing, or massive immigration in the past, and we can again.

It is not inherent to Capitalism.

US-Treasury-Holdings-Oil-Exporting-Nations.gif

Riyal Dollar Peg Trilemma - A Primer on Peg Breakonomics !

• Saudi Arabia may be forced to abandon the peg or devalue the currency if oil prices do not rise in the near future.
  • They may also voluntarily abandon the peg once they are well diversified or if they want to move away from dollar due to political reasons.
  • A Peg Break will not directly lead to the crash of the US dollar but may lead to a regional economic tsunami and an onset of a long deflationary cycle.
  • Commodity Prices are inversely coupled to US Dollar value, Stock Markets are positively coupled with commodity prices.
  • A global recession caused due to macroeconomic factors will depress oil and commodity prices and force a peg break as well.
  • Recycling and spend management of sovereign wealth funds away from the US Dollar will crash the US dollar.
  • Peg Break or Peg Loosening is the most viable option for Saudi Arabia in the next 2-3 years.
  • Once Saudi Economy is diversified and consumers and nation are indebted, need for an independent monetary policy may force a peg break.
  • Peg break combined with politically motivated recycling of funds can crash the US dollar.

That is exactly right. That is reality.

We had a social relationship. It wasn't producing enough profit for the capitalists who sought expansion beyond our national borders. So they created the conditions that would allow them to expand, thereby altering our social conditions.

The capitalists are in control. Then and now.

One difference between Communists and Americans in America, is that Americans grew up shooting and probably have grandpappy's gun.
s.

You guys are fantasizing. You paste a fake label of communist on people without thinking what you are doing, then fantasize acting upon it...with guns. If that ain't MOB RULE, I don't know what is.

Tehon has admitted that he supports a scenario where communists take over and those who hold counter revolutionary thoughts will be "dealt with".

He dodged when I asked him if he would support his communist government going though the archives of this site and others like it, and arresting those with the wrong views.

He supports an outcome that he knows will likely result in mine and Morrison's death.

And you are attacking US for saying we would fight that?

s.

We had capitalism without outsourcing, or massive immigration in the past, and we can again.

Not too much.
The USA had states rights on businesses during the 19th century.
Most states regulated business heavily.

Then Teddy Roosevelt trust busted monopolies & as most here know FDR had a strongly regulated economy.

Capitalism really came to the USA post WW2.

Within 15 - 20 years of Capitalism companies began outsourcing in mass & hiring more immigrants AGAIN.

s.

Not too much.
The USA had states rights on businesses during the 19th century.
Most states regulated business heavily.

Then Teddy Roosevelt trust busted monopolies & as most here know FDR had a strongly regulated economy.

Capitalism really came to the USA post WW2.

Within 15 - 20 years of Capitalism companies began outsourcing in mass & hiring more immigrants AGAIN.

Capitalism does not require zero regulation.

You are pretending it does so you can deny the periods of capitalistic success which undermines your narrative.

Not only that, but Fascism is all about government control of industry. IF that is not "regulation" in your mind, then I think you are playing word games.

Trump's short term exaggerations of the economy masks the long term effects his policies will have. The same phenomenon was seen with Reagan. It will be worse after Trump.

Exactly.....

Trump is a reganista , along with all his exhalted trickle downism.....

food-for-thought-ana-foto-reflexi%C3%B3n.jpg
The irony is that it was Reagan's push for neoliberalism that created the conditions which led to so many disaffected Republicans voting for the orange menace.
You can't look at the election of Trump in a vacuum. The choice was Donnie or Hillary. Thousands of long time D voters voted for Donnie, which is why he won. We all knew Hillary was a warmongering corporatist elitist fool, but the D Party, the DNCMSM, and the ruling class did all they could to get her elected.

one thousand dollars means very little. I

Pelosibot discovered....

It's so little we should just let the government have it huh!

So little?
1 or two months rent for the poor
1 to 3 months food for the poor
3 or 4 car payments for the poor
2 to 6 months worth of vehicle gas for the poor
1 to 3 months of utilities for the poor
New wardrobe for poor school children

You people need to stop projecting your wishes on reality.

We don't have true Capitalism anymore......we have Croney Capitalism.....Where the Gov't picks and chooses the winners and get to join the millionaires club for doing so........The Founding Fathers warned us that it would destroy us and they were correct......

Marx was never correct........and Marx is a blueprint for disaster well beyond Capitalism.
You think Marx never wrote about how capitalists bought government?
Marx was right about a lot things. He knew capitalism would devolve into the mess we have today and he predicted it in his writings. However, I am not sure his solutions are the answer.

As long as we have a elite class who believes it is their God given right to rule and plunder, no system is going to work. If this continues unabated, the people will eventually rise up against the elites. It just might be a re-enactment of the French Revolution.

The problem is the establishment, MSM, academia, Hollywood, political class, big business, big government are working together to divide the people, so that we don't take them out. This divisive strategy is working well. We see it on this forum every day..

And the decline of unions has matched the enumerated list point for point up there.

A lot of blame is on Corporate America. More blame belongs on unions themselves.
Candycorn, that's confusing. Please advise. If the decline of unions matches the decline of American, how are unions more to blame than corporations? Thanks!

When I graduated High School, I received numerous letters from universities, the military, Peace Corps, etc. You know how many I received from unions? Zero.

Unions make the news when they do one of two things; go on strike or protect a lousy worker; when they tell/approve their member to either not work or be lousy at their job. Terrible PR.

Unions seem to (this is anecdotal; not factual--correct me if I'm wrong) have no internal policing of their members; they seem to not care if their members are improving to become better employees. For example, when computers turned up in every house, every office, every dorm room....were the Teamsters making their members (or partnering with their employers in their chapters to) get some level of computer literacy so they could go to UPS or US Steel or Ford and tell them that their workers are able to work with computers?

As a person that worked with different unions on a daily basis, I would have to say you are correct. But like anything else, there are some good unions among all the bad.

All your points have validity , but all won't be solved by any given politician OR election

Nothing in our lives will change this November , because this is a course we've been on for a generation.

The rich get richer, the poor get poorer in America , that's FACT

And the AH's try to take away medicare medicade and SS to help pay for those tax cuts to the 1%

Capitalist theory dictates that competition leads to better results.

That same theory would insist in regulating Capitalist monpolies who knock out competition laying people off & jacking up prices.

Republican Teddy Roosevelt did this with trust busting monopolies like Standard Oil.

Now a days Republicans are mega Capitalists & that is a problem.
It is not only Rs. Ds do exactly the same thing. Both parties are owned by the wealthy and thus do their bidding.

We need another TR to bust up the big corps. Trump made some mention of this, but has done nothing. We have numerous monopolies in America, but Americans don't know it.

When Dr Evil can accumulate $150 billion while his employees seek government assistance and many lack HC, we know something major is wrong.

Because overpowering unions actually took control over their companies. After they got so strong, they began to insist the union tells them who to hire, the unions tell them who they can fire. The unions told them who they were allowed to promote and to what position.

Non-union companies did these things based on employee performance. So in essence, the unions were actually running the companies.

If unions would focus on worker's pay, benefits, and job protections they might make a come back. Lord knows we need strong unions in nearly all our industries. It is too bad the unions aligned with the D party, only to be marginalized and hollowed out by the policies of the Ds and Rs, as jobs were shipped to Mexico and China.

If unions would focus on worker's pay, benefits, and job protections they might make a come back. Lord knows we need strong unions in nearly all our industries. It is too bad the unions aligned with the D party, only to be marginalized and hollowed out by the policies of the Ds and Rs, as jobs were shipped to Mexico and China.

Unions were a big part of why those jobs were shipped overseas.

This stuff has been true for a long time

Americans do not save
Do not like to save

New Topics

Forum List

Back