If this is true, we are in trouble...

blog_home_prices_1949_2017_1.gif

Well, it is obvious that one of us is living in a contrived reality.

Point 4, the divergence between productivity growth and wage growth. That's back when immigration and trade policies were greatly changed, allowing massive importation of cheap labor, and more even competition between us workers and vastly cheaper foreign labor.

That's reality. And if you are ignorant of that, you need to go do some reading.
That is exactly right. That is reality.

We had a social relationship. It wasn't producing enough profit for the capitalists who sought expansion beyond our national borders. So they created the conditions that would allow them to expand, thereby altering our social conditions.

The capitalists are in control. Then and now.

Soo..enter the solution..Communism, amirite, comrade?

As myself, I'm going to tell you to go fuck yourself, k?

Agreed. YOu're not getting that without a fight.

How many people you willing to kill to get your utopia, Tehon?

I'm willing to die to preserve the American way of life. True story.

One difference between Communists and Americans in America, is that Americans grew up shooting and probably have grandpappy's gun.
s.

I agree, and most communists know that when communists take over, a lot of people have to die.

Tehon. HOw many people do you think would die, once the communists take over?

These statistics are claimed to be true:
1. 50% of American wage earners earn less than $30k.
2. 63% of Americans can’t afford a $1,000 emergency.
3. 80% of American workers live pay check to pay check.
4. Since 1973 American productivity has increased by 77%, yet hourly pay has grown by 12%. If the minimum wage was tracked to productivity, it would be over $20 an hour today.
5. 41% of American workers earn less than $12 per hour, with most without employer provided HC.
6. Since 2008 the federal government and the Fed created $26 trillion out of nothing. Was any of this enormous sum spent on infrastructure, public education, universal HC, bail out 5.1 million people who lost their homes?

Not a pretty picture for the poor and middle class. Hopefully things are improving or we are headed for big trouble.

Trump is doing his best to fix this..... the more democrats we vote out of office the better off these people will be......

That is why November is so important....democrats thrive on poverty, racism, hate and violence......
How so? What have republicans done to fix this?
From where I'm sitting personally, one thousand dollars means very little. It's just something that happens.

Try facing the facts of what happens to hundreds of thousands of working people.

The economy is now going great, unemployment is down, job opportunites are up, and even for Black and Hispanics in America unemployment is down at historic levels.....

You don't know what you are talking about.[/QUOTE

The black and hispanic unemployment rates have fallen but it was Obama not Trump, things haven't really changed under Trump.

Trump likes to piggyback off of people thank Obama for the economy.The tariffs are causing chaos on americans and killing farmers the bubble is ready to burst.

You need facts

4. Since 1973 American productivity has increased by 77%, yet hourly pay has grown by 12%. If the minimum wage was tracked to productivity, it would be over $20 an hour today.
5. 41% of American workers earn less than $12 per hour, with most without employer provided HC.
6. Since 2008 the federal government and the Fed created $26 trillion out of nothing. Was any of this enormous sum spent on infrastructure, public education, universal HC, bail out 5.1 million people who lost their homes?

Not a pretty picture for the poor and middle class. Hopefully things are improving or we are headed for big trouble.

Trump is doing his best to fix this..... the more democrats we vote out of office the better off these people will be......

That is why November is so important....democrats thrive on poverty, racism, hate and violence......
How so? What have republicans done to fix this?
From where I'm sitting personally, one thousand dollars means very little. It's just something that happens.

Try facing the facts of what happens to hundreds of thousands of working people.

The economy is now going great, unemployment is down, job opportunites are up, and even for Black and Hispanics in America unemployment is down at historic levels.....

You don't know what you are talking about.
so you disagree with the op figures?

Point 4, the divergence between productivity growth and wage growth. That's back when immigration and trade policies were greatly changed, allowing massive importation of cheap labor, and more even competition between us workers and vastly cheaper foreign labor.

That's reality. And if you are ignorant of that, you need to go do some reading.

We had a social relationship. It wasn't producing enough profit for the capitalists who sought expansion beyond our national borders. So they created the conditions that would allow them to expand, thereby altering our social conditions.

One difference between Communists and Americans in America, is that Americans grew up shooting and probably have grandpappy's gun.
s.

I agree, and most communists know that when communists take over, a lot of people have to die.

It depends on the social conditions prevalent at the time of any revolution.

s.

Communists always kill dissenters, dumbass. Do you even history?

s.

In your scenario, would you support arresting people for holding counter revolutionary views?

Idk, but the price of housing for most people is way inflated. People are paying twice as much for housing as they used to, and that's not right.

Don't get me started on the grocery portion-reduction thing.. :blowup:
Ain't that the truth!!!

my tomato sauce jar went from 24oz down to 20 ounces down to now a 16 ounce jar, price even went up....

a gallon ice cream carton is now a quart shy..... plus they added a bunch of air to it to make it appear bigger....

s.

In your scenario, would you support arresting people for holding counter revolutionary views?
At a certain point in any revolution there will come a time when dissenters will have to be dealt with.

s.

At a certain point in any revolution there will come a time when dissenters will have to be dealt with.

Would you support going though the archives of this site and others like it, and arresting people who revealed such counter revolutionary views?

/----/ I stopped at your first BS talking point. The fact is: The national average wage index for 2017 is 50,321.89. The index is 3.45 percent higher than the index for 2016.
National Average Wage Index

2A, I see Trump as doing his best to tear it down further. We tried healthcare, which Republicans stripped and starved without a scintilla of replace. And why did 5.1 million people lose their homes? Seems like that began in 2006-7 and was slowly decreasing by 09. I don't know how true it is, but surely you too heard that the loss of jobs with healthcare is responsible for the loss of homes. Now we have jobs mostly part-time without benefits for a huge percentile of our people, loss of overtime ala Trump, loss of even CHIP ala Trump, threat of cuts to Medicare and SS ala McConnell, no infrastructure in the pipeline, and fear, Fear, FEAR spread by the biggest liar since the snake in the Garden of Eden.. who is still going strong passing pipe dreams to the crowds that allow him to pump them full of scapegoats.

Of course it's true, and of course we're in trouble.

"Every man for himself" doesn't work in capitalist system, and the reason should be clear: There will always be people who are naturally better suited to create wealth and prosper than others. Therefore, without a strong safety net and a supported middle class, many will fall through the holes.

The "you're on your own" folks are digging their own grave here. They refuse to see that, as wealth disparities continue to increase, so will the anger. At some point, the people on the bottom will revolt at the polls and we will swing in the other direction.

As another poster has said here, it's social insurance against revolution. That's too complicated, I guess.

Agreed.

Forum List

Back